The online racing simulator
Make Real Cars For LFS
(25 posts, started )
Make Real Cars For LFS
Make Real Cars For LFS .... Like in NFS ....

What You Say Adout My IDEA?:-?
I say: Search.

There already are real cars (MRT, FBM, BF1, RAC and soon VWS) and the cars you probably were thinking of would probably cost a fortune to get permission to put into the game.
i just thought: "they do make.... but never release..."
-
(naskavu) DELETED by SamH : VOB hack related
-
(only.one.RydeR) DELETED by SamH : VOB hack related
-
(TypeRacing) DELETED by SamH : VOB hack related
-
(Shadowww) DELETED by SamH : VOB hack related
They should make more drift cars
Quote from jcorn16 :They should make more drift cars

If you can't drift with XRT, I feel really sorry for you.
Quote from Shadowww :If you can't drift with XRT, I feel really sorry for you.

Read properly my friend hes s2 licenced
Quote from Chrisuu01 :Yes and that jcorn guy is a s2 licenced racer

I guess that he meant that he cant drift with it. Not that he can drive it or not.

He meant this "Can you handle it?"
-
(zeugnimod) DELETED by SamH : VOB hack related
Surely we could just get .vobs that LOOK like a real car, but don't have any badges etc, so what might LOOK like a Ferrari is just an updated FZ or something. The actual .vob has no effects on driving or physics, so I don't see why we can't use our own .vob edits, Ok, sure big name brands might kick up a storm if we use licensed cars, but what about small edits, like 2 exhausts on the XRT? Or making a RB4 GTR ? Or making totally unique cars? IMO, if we keep it controlled it could be accepted . Maybe something the devs could think about - Have people submit their custom .vobs to a database where they're checked over etc. and then released if they're suitable?

What do you think?
Quote from zeugnimod :What's the point? It's still the same car.

I gotta agree with him. Its just for eye-candy and lfs cars are getting old. Not in that way, but its the same when u have played 5 years on runescape
Quote from zeugnimod :I say: Search.

There already are real cars (MRT, FBM, BF1, RAC and soon VWS) and the cars you probably were thinking of would probably cost a fortune to get permission to put into the game.

Shouldn't cost because we make ad
Quote from brandons48 :Surely we could just get .vobs that LOOK like a real car, but don't have any badges etc, so what might LOOK like a Ferrari is just an updated FZ or something. The actual .vob has no effects on driving or physics, so I don't see why we can't use our own .vob edits, Ok, sure big name brands might kick up a storm if we use licensed cars, but what about small edits, like 2 exhausts on the XRT? Or making a RB4 GTR ? Or making totally unique cars? IMO, if we keep it controlled it could be accepted . Maybe something the devs could think about - Have people submit their custom .vobs to a database where they're checked over etc. and then released if they're suitable?

What do you think?

I was under the impression that the VOB files WERE used by the physics engine?
Quote from tristancliffe :I was under the impression that the VOB files WERE used by the physics engine?

Oh no no no, .vob's don't alter the physics of the car, just the dimensions. (NOT wheelbase)

I know because I used to have an XRG version of teh AE86.
Hmmm, I was under the impression things like CoG position were calculated from the VOB file. Maybe the VOB file's source is used to a) define the constants LFS uses in the physics engine and b) create the final in game VOB file...
It wont alter the physics of the car, but it would alter things like collision detection. If you were to remove say, the front end off the XFG, then a collision would no be detected until the shorter front end touches that contact.

If your online however, and the guy your racing has the original XFG .VOB, then on his computer, it would look as if your touching his car and you would be knocking his car around, yet on your side, it looks as if your not touching.

Thats why its very dangerous to use altered .VOB files online, especially when racing and bump drafting, as even the small MM in change can make a difference.
Sure they don't? I thought the center of gravity was partly calculated via the shape of the car, thus making car model updates online incompatible.
Yeah, I'm sure. Only dimensions.

Anyways I haven't tried going online with that hideous mod. Should I download it again?
Quote from andrystefan :Make Real Cars For LFS .... Like in NFS ....

What You Say Adout My IDEA?:-?

what Zeugnimod said...get the S2 License first...
AND, give the developers some $$$$ for licensing...
Yea, but this strange, i play freeware, Drag Racer v3 game, and this game have real cars, but authors of this game dotn paid to use them.
That's because they're not selling anything. If you're selling a game with real products in, then they argue that your sales are, at least in part, due to your making use of their products (or a virtual representation thereof), so they want a share of that money, and they want to approve that their products are shown in a lifelike manner.

Make Real Cars For LFS
(25 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG