The online racing simulator
Bernie's latest gaffe
(38 posts, started )
#26 - 5haz
Quote from tristancliffe :Obviously you are unaware of what Hitler did before "The War".

Yeah he 'slashed' unemployment by removing anyone who happened to be jewish or a women from their jobs.

Hitler would get things done for you, provided you were of a certain race, thats dosen't make it right.
One sentence after that quote:

Quote :Nevertheless, for a variety of reasons, the Nazi regime pressed ahead with the construction of the Autobahn system.

Quote from SamH :I rather agree. The first thing Hitler did, as soon as he was able, was to imprison and torture any and all opposition, anyone who disagreed with him, anyone who was overheard questioning his policies and practices.

Zimbabwe, Modern day 1930's era Germany
What I find alarming is the ever increasing number of people thinking it is OK to be a dictator if you 'get things done'. History goes along in cycles, inside every cycle things are born, grown and finally they collapse. Democracy always stems from witnessing the horrors that dictatorship brings along when the wrong people seize absolute power.

Take this, a post without the word Hitler... oh wait
We need a V for Vendetta type Britain...

Perfection incarnate
I dunno, if the whole world was lead by Hitler-esque people, maybe the US wouldn't be such a pack of ****ing fatasses.

Just, you know... cut back on the whole Holocaust stuff and the senseless killings... but mandatory physical activity...

Can't say that sounds terrible for the world.
How can someone not agree with the fact Hilter got shit done? Doesn't mean you are a Nazi if you acknowledge that does it?
Quote from Mazz4200 :Ermmm, do you lads know how he did it ?

Reading, Mein Kampf isn't a bad way to find out. People think it's an anti-semitic book, but infact it's a book of pre-war politics.
Quote from BlueFlame :Reading, Mein Kampf isn't a bad way to find out. People think it's an anti-semitic book, but infact it's a book of pre-war politics.

No. Don't read it as you will die of boredom before.. ... well the end of the first few pages.
Quote from BlueFlame :People think it's an anti-semitic book, but infact it's a book of pre-war politics.

You are right, the fact that he constantly rambles against Jews shouldn't be taken so out of context, it's not because he's got something against Jews in such a way that would be considered anti-semitic that forces this fine political thesis to mention his dislike for them every second paragraph. Surely not. It's just a factoid, a side-theme that comes up like a catchy refrain in a song. Or perhaps it was a recurring joke: Hitler was known to be such a genius in comedy, just look at all the videos of him on youtube.
Quote from Mazz4200 :Ermmm, do you lads know how he did it ?

This is one of the right questions. People seem to forget the very important individual freedoms they'd sacrifice to live in Nazi Germany. Probably they believe those freedoms are worth nothing, until a friend or relative gets dragged away, never to be seen again.

But probably even then it could be a price worth paying, if things work. Who knows. For sure, these little losses are things that happen to people who thinks every means is good to a particular end and justify it without trying to understand a bit better what happened, and why, and how.

I've heard too many Laibach songs and read too many Orwell books and essays, not to mention the story of my family. I think those things made me understand that the question "how" and "why" are just as important as the question "what". Some people (just as Bernie) don't. As long as they're not in power, their loss.

Bernie's latest gaffe
(38 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG