The online racing simulator
Quote from EQ Worry :From my (organizer) perspective, FOX test race 2 was an utter disaster.

1) [...]

2) [...]

3) [...]

4) [...]

Take care and see you soon! One positive thing: These are after all only test races so it is good to experience all the bad things now and not when (if) the series is under way.

1) Let me first point out that i'm sorry for not being present (or at least letting you know). It was impossible for me to come only this particular wednesday evening. Any other week I would have raced.

2) I'm sorry to hear that that limad screwed up. I understand your frustration. As a limad you should respect the choices the admin makes.

3) I am often too eager at the start of a race (as I was in test race 1), so I will try to keep some distance next time.

4) The race on saturday: I will be happy to join. And i will put the word out to Zosma too.

Let's make this series a great, fair, fun, ass-kicking one
While I´m slowly giving up (but not quite yet) hope for having a FOX racing series, because it really does not generate sufficient interest among people around AirAttack servers, there´s certainly no reason for not having some races on a stable day/time, once a week. It may be FOX, it may be anything else, but say every Friday at 19:00 UTC we may probably gather and try some racing in a friendly atmosphere. (Dat/time change suggestions are welcome.)

Sooo, anyone interested please come this Friday, April 17th, 19:00 UTC to [AA] AirAttack Racing server (if it is private, use end to connect). Ther track prepared there is AS4 and we´re gonna use FOX once more. This combo is pretty interesting, requires care and precision. Sorry about this rather short notice (just 24 hours advance), I was in doubt whether to organize the event at all. But I hope zou´ll come in large number anyway to put some life into this project.

The event/race format is not yet specifically set, but it was suggested three neither short nor long races are not ideal. Very probably we´ll do 2 or 3 sprint races, say for 7 minutes plus one lap, no pitstop required, and then one longer race, e.g. 28 minutes plus 1 lap, one pitstop required. Hopefully that would make the races more attractive.

Take care and see you around tomorrow!
Quote from EQ Worry :While I´m slowly giving up (but not quite yet) hope for having a FOX racing series, because it really does not generate sufficient interest among people around AirAttack servers, there´s certainly no reason for not having some races on a stable day/time, once a week. It may be FOX, it may be anything else, but say every Friday at 19:00 UTC we may probably gather and try some racing in a friendly atmosphere. (Dat/time change suggestions are welcome.)

Hope to see you there Not a particularly bad day/time combo for me really; there are better but it should be doable this week at least...
NB: Could be that the Easter hols affected other people too? (That's why I didn't make it to the last two races.) So maybe after this week we'll get a truer impression of interest level. (The schoolkids don't go back in the UK at least until next Monday...)
I'm up for it
i can't understand why there is so little interest in a fox league. its by far the most fun exciting yet easy car there is to drive. i'm definately interested in a fox league.
is this still running?
is it still running?
I'm afraid it is not running anymore, for some months already. It looks we're short of manpower.
It's a shame, but organising races is a decent amount of effort (and indeed I'm one of the people who enjoyed the racing but isn't able right now to commit to running them).

Note to Worry and others - the SR team are running a FOX league now. Race 4 (of 6) is on Sunday 19th, and I'm pretty sure fresh signups are still welcome. (I signed up in time for race 3.)
Race 4 will be on WE1R (and I'm glad I learned that track pretty well for a previous FBM race on AA :-)).
just in case, i think you should know people cannot subscribe to being informed about future events.

"Mailer Error: SMTP Error: Could not connect to SMTP host.
Confirmation e-mail could not be sent. Try again later."

LE: the page where i encountered the error is http://racingteam.aa24.net/events/FBM (i've clicked a banner in the top right of these forums and got there)
Ah, Neil, you're completely right. And thanks for the league info! Apo, thanks for the notice, our webmaster will look into the issue.
Quote from Neilser :It's a shame, but organising races is a decent amount of effort (and indeed I'm one of the people who enjoyed the racing but isn't able right now to commit to running them).

Note to Worry and others - the SR team are running a FOX league now. Race 4 (of 6) is on Sunday 19th, and I'm pretty sure fresh signups are still welcome. (I signed up in time for race 3.)
Race 4 will be on WE1R (and I'm glad I learned that track pretty well for a previous FBM race on AA :-)).

Where can i sign up for that one?
Cannot login since i am not a member there. Isnt their a simple way like sending a E-Mail to the boss or something?
You can register yourself - you just have to hit the register button on the home page for the site (if not immediately obvious, try clicking around a bit, but I seem to recall it was fairly easy)...
See you there
Quote from EQ Worry :Ah, Neil, you're completely right. And thanks for the league info!

Would love to see you online And are you still shunning your wheel in favour of your (spit!) mouse?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG