The online racing simulator
##P5YcHoMaN and Forbin.....Hi Guys.thanks for keeping up with me?
I installed my 6200 and downloaded LFS on my Sons 64Bit AMD 3200+ Asus K8V-X-SE MoBo and and guess what.no problems? However, installing my Sons Radeon 9250 on my machine is giving me slower fps on my other favourite sim, which is not good news. So having reinstalled all AGP cards to their respective machines, I`m back to square One!! but knowing that the 6200 will run LFS, but not on my system..........Ho Hum!.i`ll keep looking and testing

Cheers for now
I have the same computer (Dimension 4500) and recently bought a 6600GT. I had a Geforce4 4200Ti before and the improvement was amazing. I would reccomend going with the 6600GT (good prices on http://www.newegg.com/)
Quote from Charic :##P5YcHoMaN and Forbin.....Hi Guys.thanks for keeping up with me?
I installed my 6200 and downloaded LFS on my Sons 64Bit AMD 3200+ Asus K8V-X-SE MoBo and and guess what.no problems? However, installing my Sons Radeon 9250 on my machine is giving me slower fps on my other favourite sim, which is not good news. So having reinstalled all AGP cards to their respective machines, I`m back to square One!! but knowing that the 6200 will run LFS, but not on my system..........Ho Hum!.i`ll keep looking and testing

Cheers for now

Have you done the basics. Updated BIOS (I know a couple of mobo's had problems with the 6x00 range), updated all drivers and such? As if it's only that game. And only that PC all I can think is that. Also what OS do you use, I can tell it's XP, but Home, Pro, MC, 64, Pre-SP1, SP1, SP2?

If they are the same on both PC's you tried the card in, then I'd say it was another piece of hardware, and my next guess would be mobo.
Oh, that and is your PSU up to spec?

If they all are then I'm at a loss. All that comes to mind (after thinking about the fact you tried another card in there) is it's either the PSU not pushing the power you need, or your mobo is having compatabality issues.
Hi P5YcHoMaN.......
......Jetway MoBo V400DB (VIA KT400/KT400A chipset) Windows XP Pro SP2.
Have upgraded BIOS from A02.2 to A04.............and running the `Forceware` 84.43 drivers......and PSU 400Watts( Not sure what your thought is on the power to AGP? there are no additional power leads, I`m supposing your on about the BIOS settings for power?....as you can see, the technical side of tweaking has`nt been adopted just yet??)
I have AGP slot x1 support AGP 3.0 & 8X mode on the Mobo?

3-11 Miscellaneous Control(Mobo Manual)

This section is for setting CPU Frequency/Voltage Control.......

AGP VddQ Select 1.5V (Default)

manual says........"AGP VddQ Select
This item allows you to select 1.5V of the AGP 4X/8X VGA card. The choice are: 1.5V, 1.6V."

Its not a big jump to change the settings! Although this AGP is not fitted with any fan, just a large ALU Heatsink.

I`m certain, I`ve done all I can for now, may just have to run LFS from the other computer for now. Maybe after a clean install/format ect things might be different.......However, I dont want to format just yet! I`ll also keep looking for more info here and on the www. Thanks to you and Forbin for you input so far.
Take care
Chas
Quote from Dennisjr13 :I have the same computer (Dimension 4500) and recently bought a 6600GT. I had a Geforce4 4200Ti before and the improvement was amazing. I would reccomend going with the 6600GT (good prices on http://www.newegg.com/)

He doesn't want to shop from newegg, though. He's from across the pond.

@Charic: Since your problem appears to be hardware related, I don't think formatting would do anything to fix it.
Hmm, well, I am at a total loss. Nothing jumps out to me as being out of place. I'll continue to mull it over, but I can't see anythng that could be the cause. If anything redownload a fresh copy of the game and install it to a different folder and see if it still does it. But that sort of problem is usally a driver issue.

I guess you could try driver cleaner, remove all graphics card drivers then reinstall them. If that doesn't work. You've got me.
Quote from Forbin :He doesn't want to shop from newegg, though. He's from across the pond.

Just sayin that I have the same computer as him, and after I upgraded to the 6600GT, the performance improved ALOT, many games that I could only run on low settings now run at high resolution (32-bit), best quality, and amazing sound.
Hi........Ive fixed my system, but not good news, and no help for others? I just re-installed my GeForce4TI4200 card and all is well again!
I had help here, and from other on-line contacts, and were all miffed as to what the problem was.......Ive changed DirectX/AGP Bus Drivers/MoBo Drivers/Omega /Forceware/ fresh installing LFS/different computers, but cannot run LFS&GF6200 on present system????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Hooray..fixed it???
I good friend of mine suggested that I recheck the X AGP Transfer Mode, but on my system is blue-greyed out. Then after looking at the images decided that it was an image refresh problem, and further suggested that I try the compatibility mode wizard.
Unfortunately none of these options proved any good, except I noticed a small change in the BIOS from Init Graphic Setup from PCI to AGP.but alas still no change.
So I finally went into the LFS Options again, and just by luck/chance I first changed the HARDWARE VERTEX SHADING from ON to OFF and guess what
F I X E D .
So there it is, the error was within my own options settings and not the card after all?

Many thanks to all who helped and advised me
Charic

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG