The online racing simulator
4th to 1st
(31 posts, started )
Quote from logitekg25 :if the drift is not at too much of an angle, then it is faster i think...it is better to have a gradual turn compared to a sharp sudden...so if you grip raced a 90 degree turn like this L it would not be faster then if you drifted it (if you did it right) so depends on the turn, and if its a deep angle drift, or a little bit of slide drift, like the vid.

It's funny to read drifters trying to say drifting is faster. It's not faster under any situation.

I'm not against drifters or drifting, I do it myself now and then. But it is by no means faster.

Simple fact is, a sliding tyre provides less potential for acceleration than a gripping one. If you slide around a corner you are losing speed regardless of what the speedometer says. If you can't get back on the throttle with full grip by the apex, you will never come out of the corner as fast as possible.

I've drifted passed slower racers before in my LX4, but I did it because I had to take a wonky line, and it was my slowest lap. Most of the time It goes the other way, someone drifts and I just pass right by them.
Quote from DragonCommando :It's funny to read drifters trying to say drifting is faster. It's not faster under any situation.

I'm not against drifters or drifting, I do it myself now and then. But it is by no means faster.

Simple fact is, a sliding tyre provides less potential for acceleration than a gripping one. If you slide around a corner you are losing speed regardless of what the speedometer says. If you can't get back on the throttle with full grip by the apex, you will never come out of the corner as fast as possible.

I've drifted passed slower racers before in my LX4, but I did it because I had to take a wonky line, and it was my slowest lap. Most of the time It goes the other way, someone drifts and I just pass right by them.

that was just my theory...i like to race every once in a while too, and if my theory is wrong so be it...so drifting is only faster when the grip racer is not going all out?
Quote from logitekg25 :that was just my theory...i like to race every once in a while too, and if my theory is wrong so be it...so drifting is only faster when the grip racer is not going all out?

I actually had a message typed up for your first comment but didn't post it. I understand where your coming from, but the benefits of drifting are far out weighted by the amount of grip racers produce, especially on the exit of the corner.

We've all had that perfect corner drift, were you pretty much just get really lucky and it's fast. It's rare, it's really inconsistent, it eats tires obviously, and creates more drag than it's really good for 95% of the time. Just wanted to respond to make sure no one is purposely drifting the car to be fast, because it doesn't work.
Thats why I love XRG!

Nice pass.
A pass like that.. golden,

The look on the XFG drivers face.. priceless!

Quote from Sponge :A pass like that.. golden,

The look on the XFG drivers face.. priceless!

So how exactly did the helmets look like when he passed?

4th to 1st
(31 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG