The online racing simulator
Quote from AstroBoy :....but it still would of been nice to know i was being recorded.....

I think that's what it comes down to in the end. Everybody here can go on and on arguing whether Deko can or can't record. Whether he was right or wrong to do so. Whether NDR as guests (and in the spirit of the good relationship which has always been in place with FM) who use that particular Ventrillo server for Kyoto, CART etc should have at least mentioned it to the Admins (Fail and/or Popps). Whether at some point Deko should have told every participant "by the way I will be recording this for future reference".

It would have been nice to know in advance. If people were so unhappy after being told what would happen before the race then they could have always walked away from it. It just would have been nice to know beforehand.

If Deko is going to amend his procedures to make it clear in advance that in future events this will be the case then everybody can make an informed decision as to whether or not they wish to be a part of whatever event it may be. That would be something positive to come out of this whole business.
Quote from karkar :
@ nolan
i guess this is a matter of how u see it.

That's not a matter of how I see it, that's the law...
What an amazing thread

We're discussing international copyright laws in a Virtual Race discussion thread....

Anyway, all OT stuff has been dumped here, any more posts on this subject will be deleted/moved here.

TBH, I really can't see what the issue is:
  1. Deko has recorded vent before IIRC
  2. It's what they can do IRL
  3. Deko could hear what you all said anyway, without recording it.
If you have any issues on this please do PM myself or JP about it. You could PM Timo too but don't expect a sane reply.

J@tko.
This thread is closed

2009 Kyoto 500 : Post-Race Vent Discussion
(53 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG