The online racing simulator
Quote from SmegFirk :the ability is there for anyone to use, you have made that point... permission was not given.

That can also be said the other way, you did not tell him he could not record people. Anyone that did not turn off the option to not be recorded did give anyone the permission to record them.
Quote from evilpimp :The ability to stop them from recording is there, why didnt you stop him.

You have never said that I cannot come along to your house and steal your car, therefore I am on my way.

That is exactly the same principle you are attempting to apply, it's a fallacy.
Quote from SmegFirk :You have never said that I cannot come along to your house and steal your car, therefore I am on my way.

That is exactly the same principle you are attempting to apply, it's a fallacy.

Not the same at all, his car is an object which he owns, and is not for public use. What you speak through the internet is in the public and therefore legal to record.
However anybody wants to say it... it has happened and it is over now. However I'm pretty confident of one thing, it will never happen again.
#30 - wild
Quote from racer hero :Anyone that did not turn off the option to not be recorded did give anyone the permission to record them.

I'm trying not to post too much regarding the voice chat recording, but I'm going to make a post about your statement.

Yes I agree that could be looked at it from that way. It can also be looked at it from this way also; How were we supposed to turn it off before the race if we didn't know that he was recording us?
#31 - CSF
I'm still not seeing something.
I'm annoyed by this stupid biggering now. Let's clear things up

1) It is not illegal to record conversations. Exept in California.

2) No one can stop you from recording your conversations. Everyone has the right to it.

I won't go into the moral issues as that is for everyone to decide themselves. In fact I don't care. This is merely a statement of the facts. A crime has not been committed and no one needed permission for their actions. Now please stop having this stupid argument about the legality of things (especially when you have no ****ing clue about legal things in the first place.)
I have removed the points where I publicly mentioned the Ventrilo comments, so perhaps the argument is becoming moot ? I have gladly done this, to try and stem emotions here.

It's not my intent to ruffle feathers, cause carnage, cause heart attacks, or any other distress. It's my intent to run a CLEAN RACE. I was not afforded a clean race on Saturday, June 27th, which is a shame to me.

If you'd all like to ignore the fact that I have removed any publicly available copies about actual Ventrilo stuff from that day, go ahead, but do not expect me to further reply.

I will restate: I do not intend to cause damages to people by the recordings, they are simply a record of what happened during the race.
I'm confident it'll happen again.

Btw, my car is my car and its locked for a reason. Your speach is directed at someone. Are you saying that if I memorized everything you said you'd sue me? Memorizing and recording, same difference.
Quote from wild :I'm trying not to post too much regarding the voice chat recording, but I'm going to make a post about your statement.

Yes I agree that could be looked at it from that way. It can also be looked at it from this way also; How were we supposed to turn it off before the race if we didn't know that he was recording us?

Why wouldn't you of turned it off if you never wanted to be recorded? Someone could be recording you at any time!
Quote from wild :I'm trying not to post too much regarding the voice chat recording, but I'm going to make a post about your statement.

Quote from racer hero :Not the same at all, his car is an object which he owns, and is not for public use. What you speak through the internet is in the public and therefore legal to record.

It isn't. Its a service we provided to NDR.

They are guest on the server. They do what we sppecificly allow them to do.

We can allow or disallow whatever we want. It's not like MSN. It's not a public service.
-
(CSF) DELETED by hyntty
-
(evilpimp) DELETED by hyntty
Quote from Ramses :He's on our server and he will do on it what we allow him to. We did not allow him to record anyone.

Period.

He can go record people on his own ventrilo server.

So, you allow him to use your vent to admin the race.

Recording the vent was part of the admining, but yet he needs a 2nd approval?

I'll repeat, the phantom already makes it to where he can hear everything you say, a recording is no different, just now he is able to listen to it more indepth.

It's pathetic to blame others to try and make people bypass your own mistakes.
Quote from Ramses :It isn't. Its a service we provided to NDR.

They are guest on the server. They do what we sppecificly allow them to do.

We can allow or disallow whatever we want. It's not like MSN. It's not a public service.

The internet is a public place, what you say and do on the internet is in public. Your Ventrilo server is on the internet. This makes it a public place.
Quote from racer hero :The internet is a public place, what you say and do on the internet is in public. Your Ventrilo server is on the internet. This makes it a public place.

the internet is as long a public place as long as you don`t password it. if something is passworded it`s not public and as far as i know the ventrilo to the time of the recording was not public cauze it was passworded.

no password = public
password = not public

and that`s a fact!
Quote from racer hero :The internet is a public place, what you say and do on the internet is in public. Your Ventrilo server is on the internet. This makes it a public place.

NO.
the server has been passworded and so it is not a public place.

@ pmd
if you would know the law in your country, u would know that it is not allowed to record phonecalls without having permission to do so.
isn't that kinda the same thing???
-
(CSF) DELETED by hyntty
And if he didn't record it, who cares. He still heard him say it and he had the permission to listen to what he was saying. He heard it with his own 2 ears, and saw the action which followed. Even without a recording, he could use that as proof that it might have been intentional. Just the fact he heard it.

He heard it, you gave him PERMISSION to listen to you guys.
Just a reminder: The NDR Sporting Code applies here, and penalties may be see for violation of III.1 Personal Behavior, which states:
Quote : Every person associated with a New Dimension Racing-sanctioned event shall
conduct themselves according to the highest standards of behavior and
sportsmanship, particularly in their relationship with other competitors and officials,
and in a manner that shall not be prejudicial to the reputation of New Dimension
Racing or to the sport.

Just a final warning...
Quote from karkar :
@ pmd
if you would know the law in your country, u would know that it is not allowed to record phonecalls without having permission to do so.
isn't that kinda the same thing???

That isn't the law in my country, Boothy already stated that. And if you want to bring up a law for a recording of a computer game then you are truely a sad person inside.

And no, I don't see a phone call and 50 people in a ventrillo the same thing.
Quote from SmegFirk :the ability is there for anyone to use, you have made that point... permission was not given.

Quote from Ramses :They are guest on the server. They do what we specificaly allow them to do.

I think JP did that...

Actually, the ability was specifically allowed for JP and not myself or any other guest. I attempted to record stuff in one of the races after a practice session when Chris et al were commentating on it, but it didn't work.

And 2March and the other numpty on about stealing a car - that would of course, be against the law.

Wild, you all knew that if you speak in a channel which has JP's phantom in it he will hear it, regardless of whether it was recorded or not. If it was me, I'd much rather have stuff recorded so I knew exactly what I said in a channel rather than having to rely on JP to remember who said what and possibly make a mistake recalling stuff, which could lead to wrongful penalties.

And karkar, you realise that the laws are different for each country? Regards UK criminal law, since it was a private communication system, JP's interception conduct is excluded from criminal liability as he had control of the system and also your implied consent with the phantom and/or you allowing of the recording.
Well i reckon this whole thing could of been talked about in private through a PM, but i personally have no problem with being recorded because i rarely speak on vent, but it still would of been nice to know i was being recorded.
But still Deko hasn't released anything to the public and i doubt he intends to you could just use it for future reference.
Thats my 2 cents.
Beer-pong at my house....22:00 est
Quote from z-ro 8 :Beer-pong at my house....22:00 est

I'll be there should I bring the voice recorder?
Quote from Raven88 :I'll be there should I bring the voice recorder?

Probably, need to make sure everyone is fair.
Depends on the state that he lives in, lol

Edit:He's in Ohio doesn't matter, lol
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG