The online racing simulator
Theres no point in another Fo8 oval league. Race LFSCART. XrgSCC is what we need !
Quote from BigTime :Don't we all.

LFSers really have no idea what oval racing is about if they haven't tried another oval sim. Until there are more tracks, LFS oval racing is just dead and skill-less. The only car in LFS that would make for a good oval race is the FZ50 and XRT, IMO.

Quite frankly, LFS is too far behind iRacing for them to catch up. Therefore, I'll just stick to iRacing for my oval fix... We really like to run in these special events though.

To be serious this is also my point of view concerning Oval'ing in LFS. It would be possible to try a "short oval" on autocross baisis but there is no point to form a Oval-only Single Seater league in LFS... That's why I stick more or less to the 3 Oval rounds (one in each direction + Kyoto 500) in LFSCART... As said, It might be worth a thought of making a test round on a autocross short oval, though I have my doubts we would see anything else then flying cars.

So far is my point of view to oval-only serieses...
Maybe Just "Oval ligue" with different cars on each race.
This shoud be interested same guys on different cars. We all know thats Rudy van Buren is top on FO8 , but what shoud happend if you put him in to the LX4 or fxr ?
Quote from Ki-Men :but what shoud happend if you put him in to the LX4 or fxr ?

He'd still thrash everyone
NOT if we were in fo8s
Quote from LFSn00b :Why not use XRR?

It's quite an underestimated car on oval but would be really wonderful to drive.

Because you will fall asleep running wide open like every other car with slicks?
In L-ASCAR w've tried XRR with 0% aero and 200kg at the rear of the car.

A little more hard
I suggest an "Oval Masters" league in which we have 4-6 different combos.

Either that or we get an fz5 oval league cause I'm definitedly up for that
Quote from lizardfolk :I suggest an "Oval Masters" league in which we have 4-6 different combos.

Either that or we get an fz5 oval league cause I'm definitedly up for that

"oval masters"?
would only have like 5 or 6 ppl.

lol

how about "oval mediocre"?
I hope I am not speaking out of place, it is CrazyHarry's series and I assume he will publicise it when he is ready. However, I don't think it is a problem if I just mention that FM will be running the "Oval Junkies Series III" in the near future. III because it is the third one, although it hasn't been done in a couple of years, so it will be new to a few of you.

I'll see if he plans to promote this to the general LFS public.
raceway33

Oval Only or IRL style League? [Split from KY 500 Race Discussion]
(38 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG