The online racing simulator
What car, racing, and why?
(33 posts, started )
Just sampling the forumgoers attitude on what they like and why. Preferably people who have access to the licensed content only.

I like the LX cars the most I find. Why? They feel a bit less serious/clinical and more open to saving situations in amusing ways (powersliiide!). More 'rally' nuttiness. They like oversteer, and they are so light and nimble. Also easy to add handicap to when racing less fast people by adding a passenger and extra fuel to shorter races.

I like shorter races too. Just a few laps around the Fern Bay black track (the most varied track as far as turns go).

The F08 is also fun simply because it is so controllable yet so insanely fast.

All cars are fun. Just some a bit more than others.

The BF1 is fun to sample, but it's too fast for my skills for a long time to come. The limits are so vast that it is hard for my mind to grasp them and find them.

I'd like more varying surfaces and crazy turns, but the rallycross tracks are soooo limited.
#2 - Vain
I like the FOX at the moment. It's an absolutely precise tool. I can often keep my laptimes within a very narrow deviation and it feels great to keep the car so precisely on it's edge.
I like the XRT because I really have to work to get it going fast. Additionally I'm shifting it with a FFB shifter, so my hands and feet are just flying around when driving the XRT. That's a lot of fun and reminds me a bit of driving Richard Burns Rally.
I like the XFR because it's a fast car that allows you to have nice close races. It's very rewarding in close situations and yet challanging because it has no downforce.

Vain
Quote :What car, racing, and why?

Fox - i'm a single seater race fan. Single seaters define what a car is for me, the saloon shape is merely a covered shopping trolly with a motor in it.

I've grown up around single seaters, and have a love and passion for them that turns me to jelly. You can keep your wide boy decals and your luminous lights - if it aint fibreglass or cabon fibre i'm not interested.
Quote from Becky Rose :Fox - i'm a single seater race fan. Single seaters define what a car is for me, the saloon shape is merely a covered shopping trolly with a motor in it.

I've grown up around single seaters, and have a love and passion for them that turns me to jelly. You can keep your wide boy decals and your luminous lights - if it aint fibreglass or cabon fibre i'm not interested.

The FOX was more challenging before. Now it feels like it is on rails (i.e. low power and high downforce in comparision to other cars). The F08 fixes those 'problems' for me, by adding some challenge. And it needs to make good use of the brakes almost everywhere.
I've not had time to try many cars, but, yeah, the "new" FOX is an absolute sweety , it's nigh on perfect for my driving talent, (average-slow)

Before the new patch i was terrified of the LX6, but now, wow, what a blast !! ,

And the BF1 is so quick i get tunnel vision, (abit like the motion blur from the Moto Gp series on Xbox etc) still fun though

So, all in all, it's not a bad game, is it
I love the LRF cars now. My favorite combo is LRF @ WE1R, that is an absolute blast. The long sweeping turns and the non-downforce cars with lots of output makes it just awesome to glide around the turns slightly past the edge of adhesion, it's a real rush. LX6 in particular is great now, I love that car.

Also liking the BF1 @ S04 a lot, althought sometimes I forget to breathe.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
GTRs. Fast, precise and almost enough power
I like the FXO, as it reminds me of my RL car, and in terms of racing, TBO is far and away my favorite class. In terms of sheer driving pleasure, you can't beat the LX4/6. So tossable, driftable, and fun to drive. The LX6 is as easy to drive now as the LX4 used to be, now the LX4 makes you feel invincible. I'd say the LX6 around FE Black is my favorite combo.
Everyone seems to like LX6s (and LRF) now but when I look the server listing it tells me totally different point of view about the (un)popularity of LX6.
Quote from deggis :Everyone seems to like LX6s (and LRF) now but when I look the server listing it tells me totally different point of view about the (un)popularity of LX6.

I agree.... Where are these servers? When are you playing?
The FZ50 is fun to drive (without TC of course), making it my temporary favourite. I think driving LRF Class cars require more attention and so I enjoy races at longer tracks (~2min. laptime). Sad to see LRF servers are empty most of the time.
i love to race south city, that track is so good, always makes for a good race. you get damage but carry on, the times are always close.

i love all the cars though, i prefer closed cockpits to single seaters. XFR is my favourite car of all time for reasons already mentioned.
Chalk another one up for LX6/RAC/FZ5 at Aston North, a combination made in heaven.
#14 - Tez4
My favories are:

UF1000 for rallycross

MRT

LX4

XF GTR

Formula XR

FZ50 GTR

These are all the easiest to handle for their speed for me.
Hmm I too looked on servers running the LX cars... (i avoid servers running ALL) and found them empty with the exception of the drifters...
UF1, because it drives like how a FWD car should.

MRT is a blast on short tracks.

FOX with the U patch, makes anyone a driving hero.

FXR for being so dynamic on any track. Helped me improve my left foot braking "skills".

Cars I avoid:

LX4/6- I cant control them, too much.
F08 - same.
FZ50/FZR - this car is about as true to how a rear engined car feels; and as I've driven real Porches, they terrify me.

The car Ive put the least amount of miles on would have to be the RB4.
UF1000. It's so cute! LOL

Um, I think my favorite is the RB4 on the Fern Bay Rallyx Green, or Blackwood Rallyx tracks. Ive had some awesome close races with a buddy from college. I also love the GTR cars, FOX, and LX cars. ... and the UF1000... <cough>

MAGGOT
I've just now found my TBO fix, not up until patch S(U) have I so thoroughly enjoyed spanking a little FXO in my favortie mutli-purpose vehicle, XRT POWAH BABY!!!

BF1 is wild and fun to use for a few laps, but I have not the determination to hone my skills in such a limitless car, as the first poster stated I feel it is slightly beyond my grasp.

Drifting, what I spend the majority of my lfs time doing, is now split between finding new limits in the XRT and taking sweet sweet advantage of the LX series and its new controllability. LX6 is an amazing machine, and I prefer it over sliding around the SUV (FZ5) or the RAC.
Quote :The FOX was more challenging before. Now it feels like it is on rails

Patch U slightly altered it back again - I find it a little twitchy now and doesnt like changing direction as easily, but I see your point compared to Patch S.

However a fast driver still does a 41 lap time at SO-C, and a poor driver still does a 44 second lap...

I wonder if your pre-patch setup was right
I like the FZR cause it was the first car I drove in a league (ESCC Season1).
But i like also the F08 atm. Have to practice it for league races and after a couple of days I find that it's a great car and with the new patch you can drive it really hard (understeering setup driven in an oversteery way, like you could see in the old F1 days).
Quote from Becky Rose :Patch U slightly altered it back again

That's impossible. Such a behaviour change would make the versions incompatible, the only small physics change was the threshold value before the suspension gets damaged, nothing else.
BF1 - I love the speed, tunnel vision, dizziness, eye strain and pain in my arms after 25 laps... and not to forgett the adrenalin to keep the car on full throttle and try not to crash... even on short 5 laps on SO city is fun...

Havent tryed that many other cars yet... maybe I find something else later...

/Mike
i like the:
FOX
BF1
LX6

the fox is just for some autocross fun. The BF1 for real racing. And the LX6 to drift.
Personally, it has to be the BF1 on Kyoto National or the MRT on Aston Cadet.
fox in SO or FE

lx4 anywhere - some one really needs to make a dedicated lx4 server, its really awsome.

and uf1 always brings a smile to my face.

(33 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG