The online racing simulator
Outgauge Libs
(10 posts, started )
#1 - kyler
Outgauge Libs
Can someone post links to outgauge libs? please thanks
LFS_External has support for Outgauge, and pyinsim has recently had it added. Other than that I don't believe that there are any others which have been talked about here. Which language were you specifcally after a lib for? If there isn't one available it shouldn't be difficult to knock up as the Outgauge protocol is very, very simple - a single packet which you listen for - effectively.
I think that JInSim and LFSLib support OutGauge as well, although I'm not sure about PHPLFS.

While I'm here I will do some pyinsim cheerleading.

import pyinsim

def outgaugePacket(out, og):
pass # Do something with packet.

out = pyinsim.OutGauge()
out.bind(pyinsim.ISP_OUTGAUGE, outgaugePacket)
out.start('localhost', 30000)
out.run()

As you can see it's very simple. Note that example is from 1.5 beta.
#4 - kyler
I have LFS external and LFSLib but with LFSLib i can get it to do out gauge... but LFS external i can get the flags sorted...
If I've not already, I'll put together one for PHP. But I'm pretty sure I've programmed one, I'm just not sure if I released it or not.

[EDIT]LOL, it's in my sig ,
See that's the reason I put it into my sig, because even I forget what I've made.[/EDIT]
#6 - amp88
Quote from DarkTimes :I think that JInSim and LFSLib support OutGauge as well

JInSim does indeed support OutGauge. One of the examples included with the library is a speedometer.
Well that just goes to show I've not been keeping up with all the libraries recently Sorry for the false info!
#8 - gru
Quote from kyler :I have LFS external and LFSLib but with LFSLib i can get it to do out gauge... but LFS external i can get the flags sorted...

Digital Speedo - not a lib, but does all U need, it collects OG data and sends it to dll displaying it on screen
U would have to modify source code to redirect data to Your output
Quote from the_angry_angel :Well that just goes to show I've not been keeping up with all the libraries recently Sorry for the false info!

It's ok, I had no idea I had even made one!
Here is a simple particular code in VB.NET using Lfslib. This code isn't full, it just shows how works the outgauge in lfslib.net

Imports FullMotion.LiveForSpeed.InSim
Imports FullMotion.LiveForSpeed.InSim.EventHandlers
Imports FullMotion.LiveForSpeed.InSim.Events
Imports FullMotion.LiveForSpeed.InSim.Enums

'class declaration, etc...

Dim WithEvents handler As InSimHandler

'connect to insimhandler procedure:
Sub Connect()
handler = New InSimHandler(False)
handler.Configuration.LFSHost = "127.0.0.1"
handler.Configuration.LFSHostPort = 30000
handler.Configuration.ReplyPort = 30001
handler.Configuration.UseSplitMessages = true
handler.Configuration.UseTCP=true
handler.Configuration.Local=True
handler.Configuration.ProgramName="outgauge_xmpl"
handler.Initialize()
'start outgauge (there is a handler.Stopoutgauge() method too :-))
handler.StartOutGauge(10)
End Sub

'this is the outgauge eventhandler:
Sub outGauge_Updated(byval sender as System.Object , byval gauge as FullMotion.LiveForSpeed.OutGauge.Events.Gauge) handles handler.GaugeUpdated
'the gauge object has the outgauge datas
End Sub

Outgauge Libs
(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG