The online racing simulator
Quote from The Very End :
But enough of that, back topic. The problem with the blur effect, at least for me, is that it get's too dark and light, depending on situation. It looks better, but at same time it looks very strange, and not quite how it should. The blur effect is more like taking too many pills too, I just get too dizzy and canot focus for long, eyes starts to hurt too.

Not if it's done right and just barely perceptible. Are you talking about that blur effect someone made for LFS? I never tried that.
Yeah I am talking about that one
The one with EMB serie(s) (spelled?) plug-in as a notepad, and some other files too. Just get's too much "LFS on drugs" feeling to me. Tried the different versions, but they all seems the same to me, probally just my eyes tho
Quote from The Very End :Yeah I am talking about that one
The one with EMB serie(s) (spelled?) plug-in as a notepad, and some other files too. Just get's too much "LFS on drugs" feeling to me. Tried the different versions, but they all seems the same to me, probally just my eyes tho

I haven't tried any of them. I know what you mean though. Most games over-do it. (like they over-do that fake HDR bloom.)
I never understood motion blur.

I have never experienced motion blur in real life, just in cartoons!

If motion blur is due to your eyes, then a fast moving image on a monitor will blur 'naturally'

Stuff in real life doesn't blur when it moves fast so why should stuff on a monitor?
Quote from ultrataco :First, I'll say this is not something I'm dying to have. I'm fine with LFS graphics as they are. I just brought it up because someone else did.

I understand what you're saying, but motion in a game is a literally a series of images (frames), which can't blur together. I'm talking about a barely perceptible effect applied mostly to the periphery, just to make it look smoother. As an example, GRID () can have decent blur If you turn it down by editing some file (I don't remember what). It's almost like playing on a CRT. It's not obvious that motion blur is on, but there's a difference if you turn it off.

In the unlikely event this is ever added to LFS, I'm sure it would be adjustable and of course optional. And yes, I'd rather see them working on physics (and new tracks :shy than graphics.

Motion blur is a stupid effect and is not realistic, as already mentioned your EYES will take care of that just fine, if your screen is large enough. Higher refresh rate also helps. Really I sooo want a 200 Hz 40 inch screen.

Quote :I have never experienced motion blur in real life, just in cartoons!

Shake your hands in front of your face really fast.
Quote :I'd like to know how they got planning permission to build blocks of flats/offices in the countryside surrounding BW though.

If you look at the road signs Blackwood appears to be fictitiously placed somewhere around Brooklands - the worlds first purpose built race track - just inside the M25 nearish to Heathrow. It's quite a built up area.

Interestingly, there is a town by the name of Blackwood in Wales, and if you horizontally flip the circuit the layout kind of sort of follows the roads around a housing estate.

Of course like all good conspiracy theories it involves several if's but's and maybe's, so it must be true !
Quote from Bmxtwins :Guys, I just got a pretty nice LCD widrescreen monitor for my racing computer. This was a combined christmas,birthday, and graduation gift. I would like to tell the DEV's AMAZING JOB ON THE GRAPHICS! I thought they were good before now imagine if i put high res textures on the new monitor.... The graphics are crisp and clear thanks guys! You guys should be hired by a mass gaming company and be multi zillionairs =P

Keep up the good work guys... now get that sirrocco in so we can see even more awesome graphics

next year get spelling lessons ?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG