The online racing simulator
Win7 Build 7000 expires.
(30 posts, started )
Win7 Build 7000 expires.
Hey fellas

Im a bit pissed off right now because my Win7 expires now in 1.5days and i got nowhere to backup my stuff, specially my music what ive collected for many years. Is there anything to do about this? I really need to backup my stuff, halp!
-
(R34king) DELETED by Bob Smith : you can't talk about that here
#2 - Fuse5
Should have thought of it earlier, and not use it as the main OS.
Now you have the choice to either uninstall the os, and revert back to xp or vista, or upgrade to RC (build 7100 or newer)
Quote from Fuse5 :Should have thought of it earlier, and not use it as the main OS.
Now you have the choice to either uninstall the os, and revert back to xp or vista, or upgrade to RC (build 7100 or newer)

Ow, how does that upgrade work? May i lose my stuff when upgrading?

I dont know, but theres too much music ive collected over the years and damn no, i dont wanna lose it all =(
A portable hard drive is your friend
Quote from Xaid0n :A portable hard drive is your friend

The only protable hdd i got is 110gb and full of important stuff ...
#6 - Fuse5
Quote from hazaky :Ow, how does that upgrade work? May i lose my stuff when upgrading?

I dont know, but theres too much music ive collected over the years and damn no, i dont wanna lose it all =(

Even if its a small possibility, the possibility remains, that you might loose data. Then again, even the installation warned you not to use it as your main OS. I run my buil 7100 64bit in dual boot with vista, so i can go back to vista whenever i want. Now go google.
Why would you use win7 as your main OS?
That's just not smart.
Go out any buy another? (external hard drive I mean)

What did you use to back up all your stuff when you installed your new OS?

Can you get Partition Magic (or similar - other programs are available) and put your music etc. on to the new partition? If you do, then with 1.5 days remaining and a desire not to lose anything I probably wouldn't risk a torrent or a shareware program. They'd probably be fine, but you don't want to take that risk.
#9 - Bean0
You can upgrade older versions to newer ones by editing a file somewhere to allow it.
Google is your friend.

I'd still be backing up first though.
Before ive always used hdd but this time, i cant get it because its in use on friends PC. Ill google about the update
That's why drive partitions have been invented, see? No need to mix up system stuff with user data. Anyway you still can get rid of Win7 system files and install XP on it's place without losing your precious files. Just be alerted during installation process and keep away from formatting.
Ow, thanks everybody - i got my problem solved for a little period of time. I hope i can get the hdd soon and do a clean XP install Thanks and thread may be closed.
Quote from hazaky :Ow, how does that upgrade work? May i lose my stuff when upgrading?(

To be perfectly blunt, If you don't know that, why are you offering your services as a beta-tester......which is what you are SUPPOSED to be doing if you are running Win 7.
#14 - SamH
Quote from Bladerunner :To be perfectly blunt, If you don't know that, why are you offering your services as a beta-tester......which is what you are SUPPOSED to be doing if you are running Win 7.

To be equally as blunt, since ease of use is an absolutely pivotal aspect to an OS like Windows, it's crucial for less tech-savvy users to try out the OS. Windows beta testing is not just for SDK developers, it's an open beta for all types of users, including hazaky.
Expire date was clearly mentioned in the emails you've received from Microsoft:

Build 7000 will expire on August 1, 2009 with shutdowns starting from July 1st
Build 7100 will expire on June 1st, 2010 with shutdowns starting from March 1st, 2010
Quote from Crommi :Expire date was clearly mentioned in the emails you've received from Microsoft:

Build 7000 will expire on August 1, 2009 with shutdowns starting from July 1st
Build 7100 will expire on June 1st, 2010 with shutdowns starting from March 1st, 2010

Btw, i didnt recieve any email about this

I used my main emails address when registering the key but yea, no emails. But i heard about the email from my cousin, i didnt pay attention on it so i guess its just my fault or Microsoft - that i didnt recieve it.
Newsletters are sent to the email address you gave in Windows 7 Beta registration. It's completely automated process and I doubt they have made an special rule to not send out any emails to Hazaky.
Quote from Crommi :Newsletters are sent to the email address you gave in Windows 7 Beta registration.

Yes, but i didnt recieve it. I searched for it after my cousin told me about it - no luck. When i registered it, i didnt check the newsletter thingy because i dont like newsletters and i dont want my inbox trashed. But, maybe its just about this. Dont know.
Quote from hazaky :The only protable hdd i got is 110gb and full of important stuff ...

You have 110GB of important stuff? Wow.
Quote from hazaky :Yes, but i didnt recieve it. I searched for it after my cousin told me about it - no luck. When i registered it, i didnt check the newsletter thingy because i dont like newsletters and i dont want my inbox trashed. But, maybe its just about this. Dont know.

Sucks to be you. Fail less next time.

External drives are dirt cheap anyway so just skip the next night out and dump your por--important stuff to safety.
Quote from zeugnimod :You have 110GB of important stuff? Wow.

I have 45 gig of photography stuff (videos and photographs), 15 gig of stuff for flight simming, 10 gig of LFS stuff (downloads, mprs, and skinning stuff), and 10 gig of music, which isn't all that much music. That totals 80 gig, which isn't everything I have that needs backed up and everything that is important. That's just the big stuff of which is irreplaceable (photography stuff) or I wouldn't want to have to download it all again (flight sim stuff.)

110 gb would be quite easy to collect.
Buy another external drive. Use another PC in the house (or a friend's PC), put your current drive in it then you can boot as you would normally (i.e. to the Windows installation on the other PC) and access your current hard drive as a non-boot partition. Copy files from your current hard drive to the new external drive. Format current hard drive and move to a new OS (newer build of 7 or something else). In the future think before you do things that could screw up your system.

edit: 1/1.5TB drives are so cheap these days that only the top couple of percent of home users should be unable to completely backup their system without spending a fortune.
Quote from zeugnimod :You have 110GB of important stuff? Wow.

Yea, and 500gb of music +games and movies.

Quote from spankmeyer :Sucks to be you. Fail less next time.

External drives are dirt cheap anyway so just skip the next night out and dump your por--important stuff to safety.

External drives dont suck, if you dont need to transfer files to other computer (example: computers with no internet connection) then surely theyr cheap and crap and other stuff. Well, i need to transfer files and no i wont burn cd's to transfer just 1 or 2 files. Yes, theyr slow but enough fast to do the thing. I dont get it why ur talking this stuff ...
Quote from hazaky :External drives dont suck, if you dont need to transfer files to other computer (example: computers with no internet connection) then surely theyr cheap and crap and other stuff. Well, i need to transfer files and no i wont burn cd's to transfer just 1 or 2 files. Yes, theyr slow but enough fast to do the thing. I dont get it why ur talking this stuff ...

He's not saying they suck, he's saying they're "dirt cheap" i.e. they don't cost a lot.
Quote from amp88 :He's not saying they suck, he's saying they're "dirt cheap" i.e. they don't cost a lot.

Oh, i this case ... yea. But im on a budget right now so its not dirt cheap for me ...

Win7 Build 7000 expires.
(30 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG