The online racing simulator
New Audi Quattro.... gimme!!
(19 posts, started )
The boxy quattro looks are classic for me. If they ever get changed to 'modern', curvy and smoothed ones..
Agree, it need to keep the old classic feel. They can still do a lot of work to the performance and interior tho
Quote from NotAnIllusion :The boxy quattro looks are classic for me. If they ever get changed to 'modern', curvy and smoothed ones..

totally agree..... exterior the same and loads of tweaks like ceramic brakes etc
Why are car companies doing this, if they keep bringing back all these classics then they're no longer classics because they'll turn it into some frumpy and curvy ugly so called modern car.
#6 - WSR
There's word/rumours that Audi may bring a concept that's based on the A5, however with specific styling cues from that Quattro, with a 300kW version of the TT RS's inline 5 turbo.
It will be a round, soft and smooth. Boxy cars just are not done for various reasons anymore.
im afraid you right and therefor it will be crap, th quattro looked great because it was boxy and was mor about power than looks although that made it beautiful
So if new car is going to be crap and old one is perfect, why not buy old car instead?
It makes no sense for Audi to make a car that is essentially a replica of the old Quattro.

Edit: Chevrolet and Ford were very successful in resurrecting old models, just take a look at Mustang, GT or new Camaro and tell me they're ugly.
#10 - 5haz
Quote from trebor901 :Why are car companies doing this, if they keep bringing back all these classics then they're no longer classics because they'll turn it into some frumpy and curvy ugly so called modern car.

T'is true, Car companies should be busy creating new legends, not digging up dead ones, perhaps then they'll actually be able to shift some cars.
Ford need to do this with the Rs500

Afterall it is the most successful touring car of all time (barring the E30 M3 which did european touring cars aswell)
if they dont keep the 80's luck - ill never touch a german car ever again.

Ruin their greatest acheiment to date - for shame audi...
Quote from Ssr_Nick :Ford need to do this with the Rs500

Afterall it is the most successful touring car of all time (barring the E30 M3 which did european touring cars aswell)

why bring back something that legendary? they'd just end up sticking a turbo charged Volvo piece of cack in it like they do with most of their fast cars these days plus the RS500 wasnt that a special edition tuned by Andy Rouse's engineering company
Quote from Crommi :So if new car is going to be crap and old one is perfect, why not buy old car instead?

Because most are now 25 years old and falling to peices, and the ones that aren't are insanely expensive because they're classics in good condition.
Lets hope they don't ruin it. Up until today I liked Audi's, but I was stood next to an Audi R8 at a set of lights and didn't even notice it, the only reason I saw it was because when it pulled away I thought it was some chav in a crap car with a big exhaust, and I wanted to laugh at it.
Quote from trebor901 :why bring back something that legendary? they'd just end up sticking a turbo charged Volvo piece of cack in it like they do with most of their fast cars these days plus the RS500 wasnt that a special edition tuned by Andy Rouse's engineering company

RS500 is the more powerful version of the "casual" RS Cosworth. It was builded by Ford / Cosworth like the normal RS Cosworth too. The number 500 comes from the amount of they made them (tho there has been a few over the 500). They were made because of the homologation rules, so they were then allowed to race them in group A.

The road going version didn't differ that much from the RS Cossie, but the ones prepared for racing were plenty modified and produced huge bhp outputs.

Many different teams used the RS500 as a base for their touring car, not just the Rouse.
#17 - Osco
Quote from Crommi :So if new car is going to be crap and old one is perfect, why not buy old car instead?
It makes no sense for Audi to make a car that is essentially a replica of the old Quattro.

Edit: Chevrolet and Ford were very successful in resurrecting old models, just take a look at Mustang, GT or new Camaro and tell me they're ugly.

they're ugly
Quote from Osco :they're ugly

loyal idiots, it worked in the 60's but it wont now, move on ye overly-centimental idiots

They're ugly in a snarling beast sort of way which makes them incredibly cool.

(19 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG