The online racing simulator
Passo do an instant replay of last lap incident if you can?
If I was Veccioni I'd be a helluva lot more pissed off than he sounded

EDIT : Not anything to do with the manner of the incident itself, just the fact that a 270 lap race and he retires on the last lap
Brilliant race. Didnt really feel bored once during the 3,5h of race.

Great great racing, brilliant tactics at some point to unlap phil, unfortunate race for FM, i really feel for you, and all those inside jokes in the comms box. And as it turns out i might have said a sentence or two on the stream itself
That was quite crazy

I don't want to do that for at least another year Too bad I finished a lap down. Congratulations to the Core guys though
I've only been sim racing a short while. Never seen anything like that before done with online play and some dedicated people.

Amazing!
This, was live-broadcasting on LFS coming at its best.

Let's wait for STCC's answer now.
and now i have new sig
thank you all for watchin/listening/being with us to be serious, thank you thay all of you watched it, it really makes it a great event...
Quote from wild :That was quite crazy

I don't want to do that for at least another year Too bad I finished a lap down. Congratulations to the Core guys though

Congrats man, must have been cool being in that race, get yourself a beer
Quote from ignission :Congrats man, must have been cool being in that race, get yourself a beer

Yeah was great You should join (FM) Oval Junkies 2! and listen to the guys and participate next year. I'll just get myself a hot drink anyway
Quote from oldnavy :and now i have new sig

wow. you made up 2 quotes. And you quoted yourself twice, separately. You are cool. Not as cool as Daniel what-the-Buck-are-these-mirrors-for, though
Quote from wild :Yeah was great You should join (FM) Oval Junkies 2! and listen to the guys and participate next year. I'll just get myself a hot drink anyway

Whoops, yeah another couple of years for a cold one
Just going to thank you guys for watching, was a pretty "hectic" race. Going from literally dead last, a lap down, to finish second is pretty crazy IMO.

Regarding tires, I only changed my tires when I fixed my damage first lap.

Regarding last lap, Deko checked the replay and nothing "wrong" was found. We knew that Vecchioni was holding back for the last lap, we just didn't know when he would make a move. We never blocked, because "low-lining" is not considered it (IMO). We never changed line, just stayed on the bottom. I was the second car, and wasn't going to leave Nolan's bumper, as we were racing each other also. I stayed close to Nolan's bumper, and (from in my car) it looked like Vecchioni just went straight into the back of me, causing himself to spin.

I don't know exactly, I'll be reviewing the replay.
Quote from PMD9409 :Just going to thank you guys for watching, was a pretty "hectic" race. Going from literally dead last, a lap down, to finish second is pretty crazy IMO.

Regarding tires, I only changed my tires when I fixed my damage first lap.

Regarding last lap, Deko checked the replay and nothing "wrong" was found. We knew that Vecchioni was holding back for the last lap, we just didn't know when he would make a move. We never blocked, because "low-lining" is not considered it (IMO). We never changed line, just stayed on the bottom. I was the second car, and wasn't going to leave Nolan's bumper, as we were racing each other also. I stayed close to Nolan's bumper, and (from in my car) it looked like Vecchioni just went straight into the back of me, causing himself to spin.

I don't know exactly, I'll be reviewing the replay.

I only caught the last 18 laps but you where getting a lot of commentary then. I'm just downloading the replay and looking forward to watching the fight back
Watching the replay and experiencing it first hand, I will just go out of my way to start a commotion that you 2 had no intentions of passing eachother or "battling eachother" the rest of the race. You took the low line knowing I couldn't pass you both on the outside, let alone maybe even pass one of you. Whether you consider that blocking or not, I do. And it is wrong in my books. You simply were doing what you had to do to win the race and so be it you did, for now. However By you letting off the throttle to stay behind your teammate, it caused me to run into the back of you instead of making a clean pass on the inside of you. That is why it looked like I had all that speed drafting behind you but really it was a combination of you letting off the throttle and me drafting you. However you wanna look at it, really its not up to us to decide so good race and I am very pleased to of been in a spot to win and look forward to being there again next year.
Quote from VECCHIONI :Watching the replay and experiencing it first hand, I will just go out of my way to start a commotion that you 2 had no intentions of passing eachother or "battling eachother" the rest of the race. You took the low line knowing I couldn't pass you both on the outside, let alone maybe even pass one of you. Whether you consider that blocking or not, I do. And it is wrong in my books. You simply were doing what you had to do to win the race and so be it you did, for now. However By you letting off the throttle to stay behind your teammate, it caused me to run into the back of you instead of making a clean pass on the inside of you. That is why it looked like I had all that speed drafting behind you but really it was a combination of you letting off the throttle and me drafting you. However you wanna look at it, really its not up to us to decide so good race and I am very pleased to of been in a spot to win and look forward to being there again next year.

I was battling him. I wasn't going to make a pointless move entering turn 2, and get behind the 2 of you. I also didn't want to be in the lead exiting turn 2, knowing I probably wouldn't be there when we pass the line. Just because you have a big draft, doesn't mean we are going to move over for you on the last lap.

The key word for this race was patience, and people kept saying to wait until the end before making the move. Making "the" move in turn 2 wasn't going to cut it, so waiting until the final straight seemed like the only plausable move worth making.
Quote from PMD9409 :I was battling him. I wasn't going to make a pointless move entering turn 2, and get behind the 2 of you. I also didn't want to be in the lead exiting turn 2, knowing I probably wouldn't be there when we pass the line. Just because you have a big draft, doesn't mean we are going to move over for you on the last lap.

Why would it have been a pointless move? You are meant to draft on the oval until the very end, not more than half a lap before the end ... That's just pointless in itself.

Quote from PMD9409 :The key word for this race was patience

Yes patience is a good thing on oval racing. Too bad some people don't have it and passing where they shouldn't be ...

Quote from PMD9409 :People kept saying to wait until the end before making the move. Making "the" move in turn 2 wasn't going to cut it, so waiting until the final straight seemed like the only plausable move worth making.

Making what move? I don't understand what you mean by that ... Could you please explain it a bit further please.
Quote from PMD9409 :I was battling him. I wasn't going to make a pointless move entering turn 2, and get behind the 2 of you. I also didn't want to be in the lead exiting turn 2, knowing I probably wouldn't be there when we pass the line. Just because you have a big draft, doesn't mean we are going to move over for you on the last lap.

The key word for this race was patience, and people kept saying to wait until the end before making the move. Making "the" move in turn 2 wasn't going to cut it, so waiting until the final straight seemed like the only plausable move worth making.

Just like wild said...you made that pass into t2 every other lap it was possible with your teammate or anyone else for that matter. I never asked for you or expected you to "move over" for me to pass you, obviously thats not a way to win. However by you not passing him and both taking the bottom line which was obviously on purpose, you let off the throttle to stay behind him causing my draft to force me into the back of you. You can clearly see that I pulled my wheel hard left to try and avoid you however like I said earlier the combination of you off the throttle plus my draft = wreck.

Also 5 or so laps before the last lap, I went into t3 with the lead and held the bottom and you guys were not able to hold line with me. My plan was to do just that again, however I was never even given the opportunity let alone I never was going to be given the opportunity even if I did not spin out when I did. What you guys did was planned, and unfortunately it worked. Sucks for me, but then again hopefully justice will be served.
I'd suggest taking this to the post-race discussion in the KY500 section of the forum
Quote from wild :Why would it have been a pointless move? You are meant to draft on the oval until the very end, not more than half a lap before the end ... That's just pointless in itself..

Are we meant to draft and pass on the oval until the very end, or is that something brainwashed into you? It's funny that he held up a lap behind us with 2 laps to go (aka, not drafting and passing), but yet when we do it on the last lap it is some big thing.

Quote :
Yes patience is a good thing on oval racing. Too bad some people don't have it and passing where they shouldn't be ....

Of course.

Quote :
Making what move? I don't understand what you mean by that ... Could you please explain it a bit further please.

You have to think ahead. If I would have went high to pass Nolan, then I would either a) pass him, or b) fall behind him and Vecchioni.

a) I pass him, but now I am stuck in the lead for the final 2 straights, where I would most likely get passed.

b) I'm 3rd, not where I want to be. Sure, I could still win from here, but what's the point trying from here when I can try it in 2nd?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnGDduhmBhk

Is that low-lining? Oh, why yes it is.

EDIT: Will do Michael.
If you end up in 1st or 3rd after t2, thats where you want to be in a 3 car draft because thats who ends up in front...person in the middle stays in the middle. Thats how 3 car drafting works.

Bottom line is you know what you were doing by blocking...I would of still had a good chance if I held off til t3 probably avoiding your block out of t1. The thing is you let off the throttle while staying behind him and I was at the tip of my draft before pass...they happened at the same time and boom im in the wall. Whos fault is it? Well you are allowed 1 block per stretch and I guess that was your 1. However I feel you should be penalized for causing and avoidable accident.
I've never really been big into indy car racing and the likes, but it sounds to me like a pretty good finished. To try and help this argument a bit, just from reading and not having seen a replay, I don't think the "block" was intentional.

You have to remember that Phil was also racing Nolan, and if he wanted a good run at him on the final turn and the exit, then staying behind Nolan through turn 2 was the best option - I'm not just saying that because they're my team mates, I'm saying that because its what I would have done and I suspect quite a lot of others too.
Quote from mcintyrej :You have to remember that Phil was also racing Nolan, and if he wanted a good run at him on the final turn and the exit, then staying behind Nolan through turn 2 was the best option - I'm not just saying that because they're my team mates, I'm saying that because its what I would have done and I suspect quite a lot of others too.

Yes of course he was racing Nolan, there isn't a problem regarding that.

"If he wanted a good run at him on the final turn and the exit" Then it would have made more sense for him to have passed him and gained more momentum and speed to get an even better run. Instead of losing speed and letting off the throttle to stay behind ...

I wouldn't have done it nor any other Oval racer I know would have 'blocked' there. They would have more than likely either blocked after turn 2 or on the s/f straight ...
Quote from wild :Yes of course he was racing Nolan, there isn't a problem regarding that.

"If he wanted a good run at him on the final turn and the exit" Then it would have made more sense for him to have passed him and gained more momentum and speed to get an even better run. Instead of losing speed and letting off the throttle to stay behind ...

I wouldn't have done it nor any other Oval racer I know would have 'blocked' there. They would have more than likely either blocked after turn 2 or on the s/f straight ...

Just to put a fine point on it, I did not consider this blocking. For this race, as I had stated before, I was following standard blocking moves....they made no extra moves to hold their position. They took and stuck to the bottom lane.

I'm glad all enjoyed the broadcast, I'm downloading now to check it out.

Feel free to send money to NDR for the programme and race if you enjoyed it !:P Not required, of course, but welcome to.

d

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG