The online racing simulator
First car opinion
(77 posts, started )
Quote from Migz :Also im not too car savvy but that car is 2.2 litre and i think the majority of people over here for a first car would only have something thats around 1.4 litre.

That's because you live in UK, nothing personal.
About that Neon, well, it's very, very, very ugly.
mrodgers, i don't think he's going to buy a pickup truck as a first car.
DragonCommando + infinity, old volvo's (2series, 7series, 9series) are very good cars, just make sure it's turbobrick, not just a brick.
Quote from Shadowww :a
Quote :
Originally Posted by Don't remember who
For UK boys, 1.6 engine is something unbelievably cool.

that was my post, Shadowww
and why always, when someone starts to talk about young drivers + powerful cars, UK boys always are first who starts to crying about that, because its wrong, etc etc? its your problem that you can only afford to insure a 1.1l fwd crapbox, so stop brainwash other peoples who lives in countries with normal insurance prices.
Ive been Driving turbo cars since i was 15 first car was a 1992 Nissan Skyline R32 gtst and within 2 months it had more than 200kw at the wheels lol... I never MAJORLY crashed it

As klutch said it just goes too show people dont trust young drivers haha..
Quote from Agniz :its your problem that you can only afford to insure a 1.1l fwd crapbox, so stop brainwash other peoples who lives in countries with normal insurance prices.

:ices_rofl
Quote :its your problem that you can only afford to insure a 1.1l fwd crapbox, so stop brainwash other peoples who lives in countries with normal insurance prices.

Bigger than 1.6: Little problems with breathing for a while.
Bigger than 2.0: Blood pressure raises.
Bigger than 2.5: Weaker persons gettin' problems with hearthbeats.
Bigger than 3.0: Immediate faint.
Bigger than 3.5 and more than 6 cylinders: heart attack, possible death.
4.0 and bigger: Instant death.
If you want to save cash, pick a car that isn't too popular amongst gullible teens who are willing to pay for pile of turd if it has the right badge on it. Heavily modified car isn't very good idea either, unless you know how to fix it when something eventually breaks down.

Snow is not something that you should be too bothered about when choosing a car, any car will do and it's more down to tires with good studs than car itself.
Quote from richukss :Bigger than 1.6: Little problems with breathing for a while.
Bigger than 2.0: Blood pressure raises.
Bigger than 2.5: Weaker persons gettin' problems with hearthbeats.
Bigger than 3.0: Immediate faint.
Bigger than 3.5 and more than 6 cylinders: heart attack, possible death.
4.0 and bigger: Instant death.

Shame signature can't have more than 4 lines
#33 - Migz
Quote from Agniz :that was my post, Shadowww
and why always, when someone starts to talk about young drivers + powerful cars, UK boys always are first who starts to crying about that, because its wrong, etc etc? its your problem that you can only afford to insure a 1.1l fwd crapbox, so stop brainwash other peoples who lives in countries with normal insurance prices.

I Can afford to insure something much more powerful then 1.1l fwd crapbox.
But im not allowed to insure it under my own name, i would just be rejected. If i wanted i could get it insured under my dad and get myself put in as an extra driver.
But im smart and know that if i/young drivers get something powerful it will probably end with the car flipping through the air, and ripping some poor old grannys face off then crushing some 10 year old against a wall before falling into a baby.
Quote from Migz :I Can afford to insure something much more powerful then 1.1l fwd crapbox.
But im not allowed to insure it under my own name, i would just be rejected. If i wanted i could get it insured under my dad and get myself put in as an extra driver.
But im smart and know that if i/young drivers get something powerful it will probably end with the car flipping through the air, and ripping some poor old grannys face off then crushing some 10 year old against a wall before falling into a baby.

You can't handle something more powerful than 1.1l fwd crapbox?

I feel really sorry for you
It really depends on too many things. If all you do is city driving or a couple of miles to school or college there is no justification for having a massive engine other than as a penis extention.
Even if you do a lot of motorway driving, especially in the UK, a couple of litres is plenty to get you there quickly. You realise a 1.1 engine can do 70mph just as well as a 4.5 v8, right? And one of them won't need to stop at every second petrol station too.

Big engines are usually utterly pointless for road driving, and a seriously bad idea in this financial climate. In terms of insurance, I could've gone for the v6 version of my car without much of an increase (and sometimes I wish I had), but in my 1.5 I'll get well over 100 extra miles from my tank of fuel. The v6 makes a nicer noise though, I'd like that

Track driving and towing are the only reasons to have a big engine. And saying "ah has moar horsez!" of course. You don't need 300hp to go shopping or pick kids up from school. And if you were towing you'd surely go for a diesel instead, right?
Wait, what car comes with an engine choice of a 1.5 (4cyl?) and also a V6. TELL ME I'm interested.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Wait, what car comes with an engine choice of a 1.5 (4cyl?) and also a V6. TELL ME I'm interested.

Mazda MX3?
The 323F had 1.5 (I4), 1.8 (I4) and a MASSIVE () 2L v6 options. About 150hp in the UK v6, although the JDM version was about 180 IIRC.

Still better than the MX3 though, with it's smallest-displacement-ever v6 at 1.8

And I need some better pics of my car...
-
(duke_toaster) DELETED by duke_toaster
Ohh them. I remember being about 8 and thinking those were "really cool" and that my Mum should get one.

Thank god she didn't listen!
Quote from Dajmin :Big engines are usually utterly pointless for road driving, and a seriously bad idea in this financial climate. In terms of insurance, I could've gone for the v6 version of my car without much of an increase (and sometimes I wish I had), but in my 1.5 I'll get well over 100 extra miles from my tank of fuel. The v6 makes a nicer noise though, I'd like that

Track driving and towing are the only reasons to have a big engine. And saying "ah has moar horsez!" of course. You don't need 300hp to go shopping or pick kids up from school. And if you were towing you'd surely go for a diesel instead, right?

Exactly why is it pointless? I have 2 cars, a "big" V6 SUV (big in quotes because it's really not big) and a 4 cylinder car that is small and light.

The "big" V6 SUV weighs 1000+ pounds more and I don't have to shift it down to 2nd gear when just driving down the road. I live in the country and drive half an hour at 65 mph. In the car, throttle is at a constant half to 3/4 to the floor while the SUV lopes along with my foot barely touching it. The car sits at 3500 rpm but then shifts constantly (continuous 60-65 mph driving) to run up the hills and they aren't very large hills. The SUV, as I said, barely touching the throttle pedal and it's loping along at around 2100-2200 rpm moving along with ease.

Here's the kicker.... That "horrid heavy gas guzzling SUV" gets 22-24 mpg. The economical and gas sipping car? ......22-24 mpg.

The problem with these discussions on here is, the UK thinks it is the center of the universe and all should abide by how it is there. If you aren't in the UK, be a worldly rebel! Get yourself a car with more hp than my lawn tractor! Don't worry, hp doesn't equal death. It's the mentality of the person or idiot, whichever it may be, behind the wheel, not how big the engine is in the car.
UK guys with 1.1 fwd crapboxes, have you ever noticed, that anyone going slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac? That is UK logic. :]
My Dad has a 1.4L Corsa which gets something like 45mpg...he sits at 70 on the motorway just like everyone else.. so I don't get it?
#43 - Migz
Quote from Shadowww :You can't handle something more powerful than 1.1l fwd crapbox?

I feel really sorry for you

I never said i couldn't handle it :|
I just said chances are it would end up with it being crashed....
Teenagers tend to have a trigger finger but for their foot and for the accelerator. They tend to drive way too fast ALL the time.
So something is bound to happen.
But then again the UK is much smaller then other places like america, so we WOULD find something over 2.0l mega powerful, because something like that could travel quite a distance here in a short time. But wouldnt really travel as much of a distance somewhere bigger like the USA.
Quote from R34king :Ive been Driving turbo cars since i was 15 first car was a 1992 Nissan Skyline R32 gtst and within 2 months it had more than 200kw at the wheels lol... I never MAJORLY crashed it

As klutch said it just goes too show people dont trust young drivers haha..

One of the first cars i drove was an Old's 88 with a 3.4L supercharged engine. Just because its a fast car dosent mean im going to speed. Hell, i always drive my moms boyfriend's Dodge Charger R/T and ive done fine.

By the way thanks for the input all, but can you give a price range below 3k

Thanks
Quote from Migz :I never said i couldn't handle it :|
I just said chances are it would end up with it being crashed....

How would you crash if you can completely handle it? :|
Quote from richukss :DragonCommando + infinity, old volvo's (2series, 7series, 9series) are very good cars, just make sure it's turbobrick, not just a brick.

8-series are good too (e.g. 850TDi, 2.4 turbocharged engine with 168bhp sounds good)
-
(Shadowww) DELETED by Shadowww : post merge
Quote from mrodgers :Here's the kicker.... That "horrid heavy gas guzzling SUV" gets 22-24 mpg. The economical and gas sipping car? ......22-24 mpg.

In your example SUV is 1000 pounds heavier and requires more energy to move. I'm not sure in what universe your example is taking place.

Although, I have to say that 22mpg sounds pretty bad for SUV, but "economical and gas sipping car" would have to have hole in the fueltank to reach that bad mileage, most new familycars have ~40mpg.
#47 - Jakg
Quote from Crommi :Although, I have to say that 22mpg sounds pretty bad for SUV, but "economical and gas sipping car" would have to have hole in the fueltank to reach that bad mileage, most new familycars have ~40mpg.

My car is a heap of poor quality malaysian steel held together with tape, dodgy bolts, an interior which would feel more at home in something made by tomy and with an engine stolen from a car as old as I am - and yet it still gets 43 MPG when doing country roads.

I'd love to see the mega hills your always banging on about tbh...
There isn't a car available over here that gets 40 mpg, thus "most new cars" don't get 40 mpg. Last I knew Honda Fit, Toyota can't remember the name, Scion little box, all got 32-35 mpg in a comparison test of one of the magazines over here. They raved about the wonderful milage these cars were getting. My first car from the early 80s got that kind of milage with similar size motor. That's 30 years of technology for you.
#49 - Jakg
Wait a sec - are we talking Miles Per "Normal" Gallon or US Gallon? If so then 35 MPG becomes 42 MPG for us UK'ers...

Even so thats pretty poor seeing as something like a 1.9 Polo with 310 NM or Torque and 130 BHP gets 55 UK MPG, or 45 US MPG...
#50 - Migz
Quote from Shadowww :How would you crash if you can completely handle it? :|

Their are things which you cant control no matter how well you can handle a car.....
Im sure your not retarded enough to know this..

First car opinion
(77 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG