The online racing simulator
What i think would improve LFS.
(34 posts, started )
I haven't played in a while, a LONG while. The only real change I have seen or read about to get excited over is the introduction of that FBM. Patch Z was put in on July of 2008 with updates like New Interiors and and such. Who cares what the inside of the car looks like(I at least don't). Give us real tracks, give us real cars, charge more for the game. Put it on store shelves! Go big or go home. Waiting years for the most simple and minor updates is crazy.

I understand if they don't want to do that its their choice. But being what many of us consider the best sim out there, IMAGINE what it could be if they took it to the next level. I randomly search the markets for a new updated sim that may compete with LFS bit, but still find none. We know that drift and cruise market games are large. Incorporate that into a full blown portion of the game. The people it would draw would be massive, with all the movies and stuff that motovate people, take advantage of it. Put out the dough and fire up LFS side perminent servers with in game stats tracking. Couple the free version with the purchase of a wheel, talk to Logitek GET SHIT MOVING!

I love the sim and its creators, but at this point, I want them to merge with a developer.
Quote from BEEAH :I haven't played in a while, a LONG while. The only real change I have seen or read about to get excited over is the introduction of that FBM. Patch Z was put in on July of 2008 with updates like New Interiors and and such. Who cares what the inside of the car looks like(I at least don't). Give us real tracks, give us real cars, charge more for the game. Put it on store shelves! Go big or go home. Waiting years for the most simple and minor updates is crazy.

I understand if they don't want to do that its their choice. But being what many of us consider the best sim out there, IMAGINE what it could be if they took it to the next level. I randomly search the markets for a new updated sim that may compete with LFS bit, but still find none. We know that drift and cruise market games are large. Incorporate that into a full blown portion of the game. The people it would draw would be massive, with all the movies and stuff that motovate people, take advantage of it. Put out the dough and fire up LFS side perminent servers with in game stats tracking. Couple the free version with the purchase of a wheel, talk to Logitek GET SHIT MOVING!

I love the sim and its creators, but at this point, I want them to merge with a developer.

How many fully commercialized sims do you know that are as good as LFS in terms of value-content-realism relationship? I can't think of even one.
As it is, the cars are based on real cars anyway, the XRT is basicaly a Starion, just to name one. So what if the tracks are fictional, they are still paved surfaces that act like such, at least the roads arn't a laser light show.

If LFS went fully commercialized and got a bigger team and a publisher the sim would very quickly become a bloated unrealistic piss fest. The publishers would be all over it trying to make it "apeal" to the right demographic, LFS would be dead in a year.

At least with the way it is going there hasn't been a step in the wrong direction, it's still a sim, and even though the steps are small and sometimes far between they are always going to be striving for a better simulation. Thats why I play LFS, because its always going to be about the simulation, no bling, no fame. Just a serious realistic racing simulator.

If LFS is still being worked on five years from now, I'll still be there to get the updates, and I'll pay for S3 when it comes out.
#29 - Zay
NICE THREAD!!! I totally agree. And yes for those of you spoiled kids,i strongly recommend u read this thread. And for all you pros,like deathstar said,take a minute and help some of the lesser experienced ppl that u were just like when u 1st started out. Great job deathstar.
everyone always says the people of this game ae very close knit, i can not wait to get my new computer, and then to get s2 because i finally got my new computer, to then go online to then be helped a LOT
Quote from logitekg25 :everyone always says the people of this game ae very close knit, i can not wait to get my new computer, and then to get s2 because i finally got my new computer, to then go online to then be helped a LOT

How ironic me too xD only i'm gonna buy G25 before buy s2 x]
And giving the devs even more time there spending half a year on 1 single cars wich isnt even a very exciting one.

I hope they just make it go quiker than i would agree with youe post deathstar.
But as for this moment I dont think working even slower wil help LFS
#34 - Zay
ya good point

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG