The online racing simulator
I have done the same, friday and monday are booked off work.

I may be able to get Felplacerad as well, but it depends if im in the rover or the mx5, as the rover isn't gonna last much longer,my poor gearbox is ready to wave a cheery goodbye any day now, and my mate is still arsing about looking for a new car, which i need him to do so i can buy his current one.

If i he doesn't buy a new car in time then i may have to bite the bullet and just sling another gearbox in the rover, as i don't trust it for long journeys as it is at the moment..... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2FaW8byYI0

I will keep you informed!
Quote from jasonmatthews :
Any questions, now is the time to ask
  1. Do the Welsh accept Scottish bank notes or do they side with the English and ignore the fine crisp texture of our glorious currency?
  2. Is there a shop near by?
  3. Specifically, does it sell Irn-bru?
  4. If not, will there be space in a fridge (or a dark cool room) where I can leave my supply of Irn-bru?
  5. Can I take a guard dog to defend my Irn-bru? (actually scratch that one, I'll just sleep with one eye open again)
  6. Are there facilties at the kart centre for food, or should we make packed lunches like we used to di back in primary school? (my lunch box is transformers....the cartoon, not the crappy remake)
  7. Do the kart centre sell Irn-bru? (scrap that one also, I'll just remember to bring the supply form your place)
The rest of the payment should have gone through earlier on, but can you inform me if it didn't as the browser crashed just after I clikced 'send' and although I got the confirmation email, still not sure 100%.

I'll pm you latter re: arrivial time, might have plan a new journey from somewhere else (London) depending upon work issues.
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :
  1. Do the Welsh accept Scottish bank notes or do they side with the English and ignore the fine crisp texture of our glorious currency?
  2. Is there a shop near by?
  3. Specifically, does it sell Irn-bru?
  4. If not, will there be space in a fridge (or a dark cool room) where I can leave my supply of Irn-bru?
  5. Can I take a guard dog to defend my Irn-bru? (actually scratch that one, I'll just sleep with one eye open again)
  6. Are there facilties at the kart centre for food, or should we make packed lunches like we used to di back in primary school? (my lunch box is transformers....the cartoon, not the crappy remake)
  7. Do the kart centre sell Irn-bru? (scrap that one also, I'll just remember to bring the supply form your place)

Shall i bring my little portable travel fridge that runs off my cig lighter socket and fill it with irn bru??
Well I don't know what to say to most of those questions

But the food one, we will be eating before we leave, then we'll send one of the kart centre guys to the chippy for lunch. We are having loads of BBQ food later, so no point arranging anything fancy

Edit: received your money Scott
I really wish I could join you all, I would be prepare my famous Curry( or infamous curry depending on your tolerance to chilli's ) , trust me you would break all track records after my Madras
I hope you all have a great time I'm sure you will don't forget the Camera's ... lots of pictures please
Well, I'll be coming down, but just as a spectator I'm afraid.
Curse the dates you chose! Reading this thread it sounds like it is going to be a weekend to remember. Really wish I could go. I wish you all safe journies there and back and I hope the karting day is great for everyone. Remember to be careful at T1 guys and girls!

*Host does not allow reset*
BTW for anyone under any false impressions

This is going to be a proper Welsh meet, with sheep and shit, shitty track (well small but fun), no facilities, no timing and a weekend you will never, ever forget. No other UK Kart Meet has attempted to entertain & house you for the whole weekend, make you drive till your feet bleed and get you so pissed you don't where you are. So if it all goes horribly wrong, blame [SR] Mark, if it goes right, thank me All other Kart meets won't ever feel the same
#259 - CSF
Quote from Gills4life :Curse the dates you chose! Reading this thread it sounds like it is going to be a weekend to remember. Really wish I could go. I wish you all safe journies there and back and I hope the karting day is great for everyone. Remember to be careful at T1 guys and girls!

*Host does not allow reset*

Looking at the track, it's really turn 2 you need to watch out for with the big drop.
Quote from jasonmatthews :Well I don't know what to say to most of those questions

But the food one, we will be eating before we leave, then we'll send one of the kart centre guys to the chippy for lunch. We are having loads of BBQ food later, so no point arranging anything fancy

Edit: received your money Scott

Wasn't really expecting any tbh, just wanted to make sure the monies went through and so my chance for making a useless post (again I hear you all cry)

Quote from jasonmatthews :BTW for anyone under any false impressions

This is going to be a proper Welsh meet, with sheep and shit

Intresting, see the sheep is a noble creature with my football team...so noble in fact that we have a song for it, which is used everytime one of the central belts sides calls use sheep shagging barstewards...

(in fact we have 2, but the second one seems to make them angry)
Quote from JohnPenn :
I hope you all have a great time I'm sure you will don't forget the Camera's ... lots of pictures please

If i can get all the angles right, i may try and mount my N95 to the front of my kart using cable ties, in order to get some 'on board' video footage.

Thats if the karting centre will allow this of course.
right. coach and train booked.

Should be arriving into ebbw vale parkway (closest i could get) on the Friday at around: 16:30 / 17:30 (depending on what train i get from cardiff).

Will be leaving early on the sunday (to catch a 9:30 bus to cardiff, then wait around an hour or so for ma coach. grrr)

Should be good
I get paid around the 5th/6th usually, so should be able to get the £45 to you 'just' in time
Adamlfs and I will be arriving on Saturday morning. We should, assuming that all trains run to the correct schedule, arrive at the race track with a few minutes to spare.

We're going on the train from Luton Parkway to Kings X, from Kings X to Paddington and from Paddington to Newport. Then it looks as if we will be getting a lift from Newport to the track.
Oh you will be there too Michael? Does that meen we're going to be going head to head into corners commentating on the battle? :P
I am bringing my video camera for some candid insights into the mentality of the drivers, so you never know what kind of commentary will come from that...
Quote from Mp3 Astra : I am bringing my video camera for some candid insights into the mentality of the drivers, so you never know what kind of commentary will come from that...

I thought there was a no camera rule in place....the only person less photogenic than me is Count Dracula.
Mark has also bought a helmet cam, but apparently the best place is to fix it to the car?
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :I thought there was a no camera rule in place....the only person less photogenic than me is Count Dracula.

No worries, I'll do a Google Street View and make sure your face is never revealed in compromising positions. Like when you finish last in one of the races, etc. Or you could just wear your helmet all the time.
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :I thought there was a no camera rule in place....the only person less photogenic than me is Count Dracula.

Well I have seen your ugly mug, so compared to [SR] KayJay you're a looker
Quote from jasonmatthews :Mark has also bought a helmet cam, but apparently the best place is to fix it to the car?

I disagree. The helmet offers maximum protection when placed on the head.
I just sent my other £45 over paypal as a gift jason, i sent it to the same email as i sent the deposit to, just to let you know, so i'm all payed up!
Quote from danthebangerboy :
I may be able to get Felplacerad as well, but it depends if im in the rover or the mx5, as the rover isn't gonna last much longer,my poor gearbox is ready to wave a cheery goodbye any day now, and my mate is still arsing about looking for a new car, which i need him to do so i can buy his current one.

Any news?

Edit: Dan, thanks for considering taking me but everything is now sorted!

See you there!

Why do you think I`m unseen, and never turn up at these things? I make Joseph Merrick look like a male model
Reminder to all who haven't paid, I will need the rest of the money by the 11th July, so this Saturday!!

LFS UK Karting Meet 2009
(652 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG