The online racing simulator
My PC is "Screwed"
(69 posts, started )
yeah, i think its on my 30gb D drive, yup its a recovery drive. btw, how can i get SP2 if the link at Microsoft wont work? and i deleted unnecessary folders such as rfactor, NOT LFS, other useless stuff, nothing yet.
before you off and try reinstalling windows... try reseating all your cards and reinstalling the drivers...
#28 - arco
Tap F8 at boot, select "Last known good configuration", and see if that helps.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

What he said.

Plus if you can get into your BIOS (delete key or f2 key on startup usually) try loading the default values, i know that has solved it for me in the past, although what arco said above is a more likely fix.
new graphics drivers, new drivers for everything and still doesn't work... I NEED LFS!!!!!!
#31 - wild
Quote from chavm481 :new graphics drivers, new drivers for everything and still doesn't work... I NEED LFS!!!!!!

What exactly isn't working, is it still only booting up in safe mode?
When you say "Can't get passed the login screen" does that mean you actually see the login screen, or the computer freezes before showing any graphics?

If you see the login screen the same way it used to be on the screen, then your graphics card is fine. If the login screen is the way Windoze looks in Safe Mode it's broken but not dead.

It might be memory. Stop Error 0xA often indicates memory parity errors. Either caused by a program in Windoze itself (should be repairable from safe mode with msconfig) or by damaged/hot RAM (hard to repair on the fly).
-
(CSU1) DELETED by CSU1
ok, so i launched startup repair yesterday and didnt work, it was launched today again to kill some time.... and... IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 OMG!!!!! this was weird.

on another note, i cant download vista sp2 from microsoft...
http://download.microsoft.com/ ... ndows6.0-KB948465-X86.exe
not for me no browser works.
Is it just Micro$oft and antivirus sites that don't work. This happened to me and i did sadly have to re-format in the end.
awwwwwwwwwwwwww ... now what?
btw, anyone know what this means?
Attached images
Capture.JPG
If Windows repair didn't sort it, it means you need to reinstall Windows.

E: Wait...My Windows 7 install doesn't have any of those dll's. It's more than likely not a Windows problem, but a problem with a program. Go through your process list (Ctrl+Shift+Esc), and kill each one that look like it shouldn't be there (you should know what I mean by that, i.e., don't go killing essential Windows processes), until those message boxes disappear. If they don't disappear, start killing the processes left behind. Make a note of the name of each one (on paper...) as you're doing it, so if Windows crashes you'll know which one not to do again. This should tell you which program is causing the popups, which will let you find it and destroy it.
#39 - arco
And maybe google for VundaFix.
Might seem a silly question but did you have a damaged cd/dvd in the drive?... Had problems before with computer crashing and not booting due to this....
nope, not at all.
hey, how do i remove a "virus" that wont let me access vista updates in anyway, wont let me get to antivirus pages, and wont let me activate antivirus programs that try to connect to de internetz.
Need to know what the "virus" is called... give me some filenames of some of those files that pop up, etc, or suspicious programs in task managerr..
nothing in task manager but theres an attachment above with "missing" .dll's and i want to remove that malware but i cant... :/
How about just reinstall Windows from scratch..?
ok, off that and now this, this happens about 90% of the time now...
i have ablsolutley no desktop... my guest account works fine...
Attached images
P1080196.JPG
Download "process hacker" and post a screenie with all the processes expanded...

Also, a log from "Hijack This" would be handy....

Not being able to access Windows Update or antivirus sites is a tactic loads of viruses use nowadays to stop them being removed.....

What happens when you try to run Explorer.exe from the run command in Task Manager?
nothing...
Like jamie said, why don't you just burn all the stuff you want to keep to CD's and just re-install windows??

Its 1000 times easier to do that than it is trying to fart around removing every little trace of what looks like multiple problems.

My PC is "Screwed"
(69 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG