The online racing simulator
skin download during replay failed
hello,

im not quite sure whats wrong, but today i wanted to look the replay of the VR 12 hour race. When starting the replay only the helmet skins were downloaded, but not the skins of the cars. when connecting to a server the missing skins are being downloaded without problems (i tried it out on CD1), but i havent tried it with other replays yet.
the game is on version Z, no testpatch installed

screenshot attached
Attached images
lfs_00000052.JPG
In Misc options, try to set the "Download skins for replays" to ask or always.

Edit: oh, I see that only helmet skins were downloaded. Maybe the helmet skins were downloaded sometimes before and you have set "never" in Misc options.
its set to "always" and has never been anything else
I guess it's not because you've run out of money in your account for hi-res skins; because it would tell you that [and because you can download skins in a server]. Mysterious...
maybe the problem is with the replay itself.
here is the DL link for the replay maybe someone can check this

edit: i dont have hires skindownload enabled...just standard
strange, all I can say atm is that I get the same thing. Helmets go fine, but the car skins it not even tries to download. They instantly fail. Weird.
i have tried another replay of the same race from one of my teammates who drove one stint. when watching his replay all skins were loaded proper, so to me it seems the replay file is corrupted in any way.
as far as i know the server on which the race was held was running on a version of 0.5Z and not updated to one of the later host patches, and the replay was saved by the server.
maybe this is the problem here !?
#8 - need
I've had this happen on a few replays. As mentioned above, it looks like it's a corruption of the mpr file in some way, as someone else's replay of the same race is fine.
No idea of what might be the cause of it though
Got the same Problem and had my teammates sending me the skins manually in order to fix it. Any word from the devs? I really depend on the skins for video editing
Quote from Metalass :Got the same Problem and had my teammates sending me the skins manually in order to fix it. Any word from the devs? I really depend on the skins for video editing

You may download any skin from link http://skins.lfs.net/name/resolution/skin_name.jpg where name = car name or HEL for helmet, resolution must be "512" for cars or "256" for helmets, and skin_name.jpg must be the skin name in uppercase, e.g. XRT_DB_FRIENDS.JPG

Sample link: http://skins.lfs.net/XRT/512/XRT_DB_FRIENDS.JPG (your User-Agent must be "LFS" without quotes, you may use Firefox addon "User Agent Switcher" to change it).
Quote from Flame CZE :Well you can't, only an owner can.

Yes I can, I am not owner of XRT_DB_FRIENDS.JPG. Just read info about user-agent.
I think this usually happens when the replay you're watching is the one that was saved by the server. If you get a replay saved by a client (as Marty pointed out) you'll get the skins.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG