The online racing simulator
8800GTs, thanks
(54 posts, started )
8800GTs, thanks
I have bought XFX 8800GTs(it has to come some day next week). I was looking trhough what could i play with that card. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d358wm1pM5c . Seen this , my pc is Q6600 well it says on the box and in the pc itself. Is this thing in the vid possible?
Quote from deiwisxxx :I have bought XFX 8800GTs(it has to come some day next week). I was looking trhough what could i play with that card. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d358wm1pM5c . Seen this , my pc is Q6600 well it says on the box and in the pc itself. Is this thing in the vid possible?

is what possible? playing C.M. Dirt? Yes, it must, as the game is bad as hell, and will run on a P4 3GHz... So short answer: YES!
Quote from Feffe85 :is what possible? playing C.M. Dirt? Yes, it must, as the game is bad as hell, and will run on a P4 3GHz... So short answer: YES!

How is it bad ? and why is it bad?
#4 - WSR
Most racing sim players regard it as that...

Probably because of lack of feel with the road surface, flawed driving model (like a floating car body with super grip tires instead of a decent rallying experience)...

I have GRID on my other computer, (not working still), and I don't think much has changed, although the grip and driving model is marginally better.

If you wait for DiRT 2, you might just not waste your money on original DiRT.
im not gona buy Dirt 2 im going to download
#6 - WSR
Quote from deiwisxxx :im not gona buy Dirt 2 im going to download

I hope you mean buying through Digital Download through Steam or some other digital retail service.

but Good luck with your 8800's anyway...

[EDIT: That does not in anyway mean I condone any illegal downloading of products. Just be sure to make that clear].
Quote from WSR : I hope you mean Digital Download through Steam or some other digital retail service.

but Good luck with your 8800's anyway...

When even a DEMO-user (no offence) says that he hopes that you mean BUY the game online, then something is wrong here.

And NO, i do not think he meant to buy it, i got the impression he meant illegal download, which inturn is illegal to talk about on this forum
but its not about this lfs? :^) and ilegal downloanding. tell me who buys things like that?

1. maybe because CMR dIRT is 8gb it would take ages to downloand.

dunno
#9 - WSR
Regardless of how apparently bad something is, according to reviews or demographic, when you want to get a game, buying the game by legal terms, as in through a retail/games store (getting a legitimate product anyway), or through buying the game on Steam, Metaboli, etc, should be how you get it.
Quote from deiwisxxx :but its not about this lfs? :^) and ilegal downloanding. tell me who buys things like that?

1. maybe because CMR dIRT is 8gb it would take ages to downloand.

dunno

i buy almost every game i want nowadays, i didint before.
and the thing u said about the size of the game, that doesnt mather unless ur on a modem..
It's good game. It misses realism, but it doesn't misses fun, unlike RBR.
#12 - WSR
IMO, GRID is too, as I've had it since last year.

Whether you like it or not, GRID is equal to or worse than DiRT, however definitely worse than DiRT 2.
No, GRiD, unlike DiRT, is crap.
dont know what im going to do.1!!!!@!@!@@#$$#%#$#%#%^$ card dosent fit it only needs about 5mm down because of some leads ..
Quote from deiwisxxx :dont know what im going to do.1!!!!@!@!@@#$$#%#$#%#%^$ card dosent fit it only needs about 5mm down because of some leads ..

*giggles* oh sry..

well... whats the prob? i mean "it only needs 5mm down" doesnt tell me much :S
theres leads and i cant put it in becuase of them and i cant put the lead enywere else
Can you post photo of your motherboard, please? Might be you are trying to put it into wrong port (PCI instead of PCI-Express)
#18 - WSR
By leads, do you mean leads from your PSU crowding the space above the PCI-E port?
These leads. thats why my geforce will not fit. but if i move them down as shown in picture it will but can i do that? theres a video coming soon i will post it soon
Attached images
DSCF2085.JPG
DSCF2087.JPG
DSCF2089.JPG
#21 - WSR
Your case is quite small for that card...

Is your motherboard Micro-ATX? or ITX?

If you have another case, possibly larger, try your system in that.

[EDIT: Just wondering, what was your GPU before the 8800?]
Quote from deiwisxxx :These leads. thats why my geforce will not fit. but if i move them down as shown in picture it will but can i do that? theres a video coming soon i will post it soon

yes u can put them in the lower plugs, doesnt make a difference tbh
Quote from WSR :Your case is quite small for that card...

Is your motherboard Micro-ATX? or ITX?

If you have another case, possibly larger, try your system in that.

[EDIT: Just wondering, what was your GPU before the 8800?]

it still is in there but i cant take it out its intergrated i think its called that way if i can put those plugs down a bit its ok then but if i cant i need somthing else... but as people say i can im gona do it ok is it hard to fit a new PSU ?
#24 - WSR
That 8800GT's PCI-E power cable should just fit...
New PSU isn't that hard. Takes me about 2 mins. But make sure it's not bigger or smaller. But looking at your PSU... I think you will need to remove the CPU fan and that tube at least. No idea what PSU it is, looks like a stock one?

8800GTs, thanks
(54 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG