The online racing simulator
Real Sports Cars... When
(68 posts, started )
just on a side note my Cadi CTSVR team is doin well again in SCCA and so are the vettes in the le mans series if im not mistaking ... but so are some porches and stuff ...
Quote from JohnUK89 :You can't claim that the UK car industry is any better than the american one because of one car, it is over the whole range that you need to compare.

The Americans have also produced some kickass cars recently, take the Ford GT for example. That has done away with the apparent lack of cornering ability of American cars, and it is also a beautiful looking car. In fact (for Brits) Jeremy Clarkson even bought one, and he hates American cars, and American motor companies.

I know, but I just find that EVERY American company said it was impossable to build a car like they wanted and have it useable.

I'm not a fan of the car, not my cuppa tea. I'm a patriot as such only like English made cars. And I also noticed that being a patriot is only a bad thing if you're English and one. I mean, what the hell. It's racist and offencive to fly the St. Georges over here thanks to the Political Correctness. I was told my passport was offencive because it was in a St Georges case. How the feck does that work?

But that allside, I can't stand new cars anyway. They are all getting more and more ugly as they go. I'll take a classic over a sports car of today.
BMW owns:
-BMW
-Mini
-Rolls Royce

Daimler/Chrysler owns:
-AMC (brand discontinued -- Chrysler bought AMC primarily for the Jeep brand which was owned by AMC)
-Chrysler
-Dodge
-Eagle (brand discontinued)
-Hyundai (Daimler/Chrysler only owns 10% --13 May 04 changes!)
-Jeep
-Maybach
-Mercedes-Benz

-Plymouth (brand discontinued)
-Smart

Fiat owns:
-Alfa Romeo
-Ferrari
-Fiat
-Lancia
-Maserati

Ford owns:
-Aston Martin
-Ford
-Jaguar
-Land Rover (bought from BMW)-Lincoln
-Mazda (Ford owns 33% of Mazda)
-Mercury
-Volvo cars

Fuji Heavy Industries owns:
-Subaru

General Motors owns:
-Buick
-Cadillac
-Chevrolet
-Daewoo (GM owns 44%)
-Fiat (GM has decided to divorce itself from Fiat as of Feb '05, but will retain 10% ownership.)
-GMC
-Holden
-Hummer
-Oldsmobile (brand discontinued)
-Opel
-Pontiac
-Saab
-Saturn
-Suzuki (2.5%, from 20%)
-Vauxhall

Honda owns:
-Acura
-Honda

Hyundai owns:
-Hyundai
-Kia

Isuzu owns:
-Isuzu
(Mitsubishi Corp., Itochu Corp. and Mizuho Corporate Bank owns part of Isuzu.)

Nissan owns:
-Infiniti
-Nissan
-Renault (Nissan owns 15%)

PSA Peugeot Citroen owns:
-Citroen
-Peugeot

Porsche owns:
-Porsche
-VW (20%)

Renault owns:
-Nissan (Renault owns 44%)

Toyota owns:
-Daihatsu (~51%)
-Fuji Heavy Industries -- Subaru (Toyota owns ~20%. Toyota bought this from GM in late 2005. )
-Lexus
-Scion
-Toyota

Volkswagen owns:
-Audi
-Bentley
-Bugatti
-Lamborghini
-SEAT
-Skoda
-Volkswagen

BLAH BLAH BLAH
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :And I also noticed that being a patriot is only a bad thing if you're English and one. I mean, what the hell. It's racist and offencive to fly the St. Georges over here thanks to the Political Correctness. I was told my passport was offencive because it was in a St Georges case. How the feck does that work?

I have to agree with you on that point, Political Correctness has gone way too far during the past few years, I blame Blair myself...

The St George's flag is simply saying "I am proud to be English". The Americans are all too happy to pronounce their love for their country by having their flag everywhere, so why can't we do the same, and show out loyalty to everything that is English (and to a wider extent, British)

Quote from P5YcHoM4N :I can't stand new cars anyway. They are all getting more and more ugly as they go. I'll take a classic over a sports car of today.

This is true also, lately I saw a picture of a beautiful Vauxhall Velux from the 50's, and all i can say to that is PHWOAR! Has to be the most beautiful car I've ever seen.

Thet doesn't, however, mean that ALL new cars are awful, or any more ugly. The Lotus Elise (not particularly new, but hardly to be considered old) is, IMHO, a fantastic looking car, and puts many older cars to shame in every aspect. In general though, your point does hold
Quote from BWX232 :[List of ownership]

Owning a company and making a product are very different. Dell own Alienware, but Alienware are still their own company, just Dell takes their profits now.

Quote from JohnUK89 :I have to agree with you on that point, Political Correctness has gone way too far during the past few years, I blame Blair myself...

The St George's flag is simply saying "I am proud to be English". The Americans are all too happy to pronounce their love for their country by having their flag everywhere, so why can't we do the same, and show out loyalty to everything that is English (and to a wider extent, British)

Indeed, and this British Day makes me laugh. Why should we need to be allocated 1 day to show our love for our home land. It should be something you do every day.

Quote from JohnUK89 :This is true also, lately I saw a picture of a beautiful Vauxhall Velux from the 50's, and all i can say to that is PHWOAR! Has to be the most beautiful car I've ever seen.

Thet doesn't, however, mean that ALL new cars are awful, or any more ugly. The Lotus Elise (not particularly new, but hardly to be considered old) is, IMHO, a fantastic looking car, and puts many older cars to shame in every aspect. In general though, your point does hold

This is true, every now and then we will get something that is of beauty, but more often then not we get this, or this, to name a few. What the hell was they thinking when they cooked that up...
#56 - Gunn
Quote from Michael Denham :The English seem to have such an attitude of superiority when it comes to cars, it's not even funny. Not exactly an endearing quality....

Perhaps not, but when it comes to cars, they do have a point.
I love some of the comments here, it shows me that although we are all different, some things are the same everywhere.

There are some briliant cars out there, and there are some real duds. There are some that are sad, because they could have been so much more and some that are sad because they were in the first place.

I have seen great stupidity in design, engineering and service from all parts of the globe. Nobody has it perfect, but every once in a while, things just click and you end up with something special. I think LFS is one of those things.

I'm sorry Tristian if I came off as just a bit defensive. After I posted, I thought to myself, why am I trying to defend the US car makers? I don't like most of what they do and what they make. The best thing that has happened to them is the competitive pressure from European and Japanese manufacturers.
Quote :Originally Posted by Michael Denham
The English seem to have such an attitude of superiority when it comes to cars, it's not even funny. Not exactly an endearing quality....

yea, i hate how so many ppl want top of the line cars, maybe that's why they sell some of the cars at the NY auto show. Me brother is different, he's taking my dad's 1969 Lotus Europa.

No real sports cars, i want to see a Rac GTR and a RB4 GTR first
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :Owning a company and making a product are very different. Dell own Alienware, but Alienware are still their own company, just Dell takes their profits now.

Actually Alienware desktops are crap now.. LOL.
Quote from BWX232 :Actually Alienware desktops are crap now.. LOL.

Alienware went crap years ago. Back when they started and all their custom case intoled was an alien face on a standard case, they made some nice systems. Shortly after getting their trade mark case their work started to go downhill.
#61 - SamH
Quote from JohnUK89 :I saw a picture of a beautiful Vauxhall Velux from the 50's, and all i can say to that is PHWOAR! Has to be the most beautiful car I've ever seen.

Attached is one of the pictures John saw. It's my dad's latest purchase. We picked it up in the New Forest, and the RAC picked us up at Newbury. Worthy attempt, though!

It's a 1954 Vauxhall Velox. I love it. It's a GM, with visible GM design, but built in Britain and it's still going. It's most of the way to being fully restored.. we're working on getting the rest of the way, though it really doesn't need much doing. 6 cylinders and 2.5L (iirc), it's lovely.

My fave of all of my dad's cars, ever, has to be the Railton (8 cyl, 4.2L engine). It was the classic 30s combination of British and American co-operation in car manufacturing and engineering. My dad has a picture, somewhere, of a Railton clearing the top of a 1-in-4 hill, and leaving the ground over the crest. Lovely stuff!
Attached images
Velox.jpg
You mean something like this.
#63 - SamH
Bloody hell! That's the one! Kewl or WHAT?

Not what you expect to see a 1930s car doing, is it? LOL
To be honest. A lot of new cars couldn't pull that off.

But jolly good show old chap. Really shows what a real car can do, some what.
you know i saw a video a while back of formula 1 cars jumping over a hill, ive never seen anything like it

has anyone got a link to it?

f1 in the old days jumping in the race! it was sick
#66 - OsC
well, some people says that want more licensed cars, but i think is better improve fisics to make lfs more real than pay expensive licenses for put real cars

Pd: Sorry for my bad english, but i am not so good in this language
I wouldn't mind a Skyline, a Ferrari Enzo, or a Lambrodighini thrown in.
To be honest, I don't want many retail "real" cars, like Ferrari and Skyline etc. A small part of them, like today, but not more I think it's part of LFS' charm to have mostly home-made cars, but still well-known chassis and engine which we can relate to real cars. It might work, but LFS is so damn good, I don't know if I'm willing to take the chance.

Real Sports Cars... When
(68 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG