The online racing simulator
FOV instant change
(6 posts, started )
FOV instant change
Hi.
I was thinking if it could ever be possible to assign a DFGT button to a function, a script, or whatever, in order to switch between 2 horizontal FOV presets, to widen the view in special cases like T1 after the start and so on...
I know I can turn my head (I have TrackIR) or press "view right" and "view left", but I usually crash on the side I'm not looking into...
Already implemented in LFS...

/fov [degrees] - field of view

from..../LFS/docs/commands.txt

Yoo can bind buttons to call that command or create two scipts that alternate the FOV with one button press if you prefer.
#3 - STF
Yes, it is possible using scripts.

Example:
You have 2 scripts, Fov100.lfs and Fov70.lfs, which you alternate using a button.

LFS\data\scripts>

Fov100.lfs
/Fov 100
/ALTF 12 /run Fov70

Fov70.lfs
/Fov 70
/ALTF 12 /run Fov100

I used alt+f12(altf 12) for example but you can change it to whatever you want (ctrlf xx?)

Start the game, options > controls >

.. beaten by jj, happens when you go afk for 20 minutes and then..
Attached images
fov.jpg
There would also be a way of making one button toggle the FOV too, rather than one button for zoom in and one for zoom out.

In the LFS manual wiki there is a script example for making the F9/F10/F11/F12 screens work using one button - something I've recently used on my LFS at home. Using that as a basis you should be able to make your FOV changer work with one button...

If not, shout here a bit and someone (perhaps me?) will have a go at it for you.

Edit: Beaten by miles...
toggles RULE!

I have so many I am a toggle whore. Thanks Scawen for making me a whore.
Thanks all.
Now I have all I need to setup my togglefest!
-
(Ripley) DELETED by Ripley : useless

FOV instant change
(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG