The online racing simulator
Touring Car Techniques
(43 posts, started )
Touring Car Techniques
#2 - Gil07
Very, very good
#3 - G!NhO
Good video, and lol at poor pavlovic didn't stand a chance. *4 car train passing him *
I'm in that video so much bumping CoRe guys (You all owe me one next season )
I love how you showed all that great bump drafting action that was nearly incident free. Then in the next clip people are ramming into each other at the corner.

I guess your right, bump drafting is the big issue with this series... /sarcasm

Nice video!
Nice vid!

4 cars bump drafting....
I was the 4th bumpdrafter *proud*. Thanks for making such a hilarious movie. I actually laughted Now, make a movie of showing how dangerous it is to pass someone without drafting/bumpdrafting. Oh wait, that will be hard, as there is so many crashes to choose from (dont flame me )
#8 - pipa
God that looked ridiculous. Looks like we are heading further away from realism.
Win , though on a side note, the in car textures really like them, where can i grab them?
Quote from pipa :God that looked ridiculous. Looks like we are heading further away from realism.

www.NASCAR.com

FXR = Nice wide, even bumpers. COT = Nice wide, even bumpers.
Lots of bumpdrafting in Norway. Dont see the problem, except if the bumpers is way too expensive :P
Quote from pipa :God that looked ridiculous. Looks like we are heading further away from realism.

I started racing kart this year and theres quite a bit of bump drafting on the longer tracks... I don't see how bump drafting is moving away from realism since it happens in so many real life series. NASCAR does it, some touring cars I guess, karts, etc.
#15 - pipa
Show me any racing vid with 4 cars bumpdrafting except nascar and i shall be quiet.
I don't have a video but I've seen it in karts about a month and half ago with my own two eyes. It was in a practice session, not in the middle of a race though. In race I saw 2 max heh.
Quote from pipa :Show me any racing vid with 4 cars bumpdrafting except nascar and i shall be quiet.

That has nothing to do with the argument. The fact is that it's bump drafting... It doesn't matter if it's 2 or 20 cars. Safety isn't a factor in sim racing, so comparing a line of bump drafting cars in LFS to real life is pointless.
nice music and crashes
#20 - pipa
Quote from BigTime :That has nothing to do with the argument. The fact is that it's bump drafting... It doesn't matter if it's 2 or 20 cars. Safety isn't a factor in sim racing, so comparing a line of bump drafting cars in LFS to real life is pointless.

I have always liked to watch a few replays/videos of league racing as they feature a lot of great and exciting races. Introducing bump drafting made it look ridiculous and awful to watch. Also the realism part wasnt aimed at the physics, it was aimed at a realistic racing experience.
Quote from pipa :Also the realism part wasnt aimed at the physics, it was aimed at a realistic racing experience.

The rebuttal to this has been answered in several post... I'm starting to wonder if you actually have a point or not.

Lets just take your last statement and put it to good use. First of all the statement is wrong, but if it was true, you could go so far as to say that drafting in all of LFS should be banned... Because the aerodynamic package on this game does not react in a realistic manner, one you might experience in a realistic, real life race.

I hope you see how stupid it is to make this comparison...

Please, unless you have a useful point to add to this conversation, other than "Introducing bump drafting made it look ridiculous and awful to watch," then please stop wasting peoples time arguing over the same issue every time. It's simple, it's done in real life racing, so lets move on from that argument.

Quote from Rudy van Buren :nice music and crashes

The bump drafting was about the only safe part about that race... You missed the craziest race I've even been in, or probably ever seen.

Quote from Tomhah :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_GvSqrov0c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZcN7_q6wEg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEv-YxJysxk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40omxUaC3FM

And we're not even getting into the branches of NASCAR. Check out iRacing too... It happens all the time.
#22 - pipa
If you feel that i am wasting your time then why are you bothering to answer anyway?

I dont have anything against drafting or bump drafting in general, but a 4 car bump-draft-train is in my eyes not a realistic race experience.
Nice video
*Goes away to practice bump drafting*
That 4-train lasted for around 2 seconds. I was just right behind him, and gave him one or two pushes, but he didnt push the guys in front of us more than once (if I remember right). We all four didnt push each others the exact same time, and didnt gain much more than usual drafting would.

anyway, please, just read this post, and dont flame me (As I dont remember 100% what happend xD)
Quote from pipa :If you feel that i am wasting your time then why are you bothering to answer anyway?

Because you keep posting them.

Quote from pipa :I dont have anything against drafting or bump drafting in general, but a 4 car bump-draft-train is in my eyes not a realistic race experience.

Here's your proof... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zse87Jyt0dg Plenty more NASCAR on boards that show this.

Outside row at the 3:00 minute mark. The same length of time it was done in the iTCC race.

Touring Car Techniques
(43 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG