The online racing simulator
Importing self-made Car
(40 posts, closed, started )
Importing self-made Car
Dear LFS-Team!

I'm working on my diploma-thesis (a small Elise-sized roadster) and am eager to know, if it would be possible to import my exterior-design into the game. I'm not gonna change any existing model. I just want to see my car "in action", which is much easier in a game than in a 3D-model.

Thank you for you help!
I don't think they will give their ok to do this
i dont think you could. you could try racer tho
You could ask them very nicely, but I don't think they will say yes though.
Quote from duke_toaster :You could ask them very nicely, but I don't think they will say yes though.

Actually thats what I tried in the first post =) ... pleeeeeeeeeeeease
It's probably best to e-mail them, then. Unlikely it will work, though.
Servus Diplomista!

Show us Your Diploma - Car.

I just read in the news, that there are 3 Austrian Teams in the

Formel Student, which obviously has something in common with

the mrt....

Greetings, best Luck for Your Diploma, Dandy
@hmn7 its actually not that complex, as I'm just looking forward to get a feeling for how the car actually "looks" in motion. Therefore it would've been enough, to put the exterior on any existing chassis (sizewise).

@dust - zeig ich dann wenns fertig ist =)

Thanks for that racer link!
ALSO, i think it would be hard to put a car in because you would have a very small poly limit.. i think... ?
Quote from chavm481 :ALSO, i think it would be hard to put a car in because you would have a very small poly limit.. i think... ?

32768 poly's, that's not a small amount.
oh..... when i look at the exterior in prokits, it looks like a small amount.
Well, default vob's are ~5000 - 10000 poly's, but LIMIT is ~32768.
oh, so there's room for detail.
Quote from hmn7 :no way u'd get your car in the game
and it'd require doing all the physics for your particuiar car too, which'd mean hell of work to do
folks been wating for one little sicrroco thing for aaaaa vveeery long time now so no way really...
be great tho if ppl were given the tools (sdk or whatever) and some mans to get it all done themselvess w/o the devs involved..
imo

He could just base it on one car already.. for example, if he wanted a Porsche 911 GT3 RS, he could model it and just replace it with the FZ5.. equally a Honda Integra Type R, could be a FXO, as you see..
I think it would be easier and faster to program your own game. These guys took more than 7 MONTHS!!! (since they postpone the scirocco) to make following developments:

New message from host replaces "Did not receive guest info"
Progress indicator for skin downloads while joining a host
Improved order of sort by version number in List of Hosts
Unlock screen clear button to remove name and password
Direction to turn is shown when leaving pit garage
Blue and yellow flags removed from cruise mode
Removed Español Latino translation

FIX : LFS could crash when many cars were in view (e.g. during MPR)
FIX : Vista 64 power save switched off monitor in full screen mode
FIX : No response in List of Hosts after failing to join a host
FIX : Lightmap (lighting on cars) was positioned inaccurately
FIX : Follower view angle setting changed when LFS restarted
FIX : Closing X connects (message in List of Hosts screen)
FIX : Shine on wheels flickered while editing wheel colour
FIX : ABS now works in reverse
Updated wheels on Formula BMW
Implemented ABS brakes in XRG / RB4 / FXO / XRT / FZ5
Improved wheel drawing system including rotating brake discs
Improved shadows - sharper and ambient shadow effect now included
InSim : New packets to start / search replays and take screenshots
InSim : Traction Control and ABS are now reported in IS_NPL packet
FIX : Mouse steering was stuck on full lock after minimising window
FIX : Player name was wrong in entry screen on entry or after replay
FIX : Added checks to prevent guests joining with no user name or ID
FIX : OOS starting race after joining autocross host in entry screen

Hummm... i starting to think that they don't give a f*** about the game development...
It's more like a small hobby that payed the house and car, and maybe a few vacations.
Someday they will invest more than a few hours per semester developing the game.
Quote from Nunes :[snip]

You are stupid or what? They can't include more in ONLINE-COMPATIBLE test patch. Go get a brain.
I think those subtle fixes and changes show that the Devs do care and want utter perfection. I suppose you could look at it both ways though. Sorry to drag it OT. Racer would probably be your best bet, as others have said already.
Quote from Nunes :I think it would be easier and faster to program your own game. These guys took more than 7 MONTHS!!! (since they postpone the scirocco) to make following developments:

Hummm... i starting to think that they don't give a f*** about the game development...
It's more like a small hobby that payed the house and car, and maybe a few vacations.
Someday they will invest more than a few hours per semester developing the game.

Just .
Quote from Nunes :I think it would be easier and faster to program your own game.

So the public beta for Nunes' Pro SimRacing Online is due to start within the year?
scirocco dead line is 10 days away
My Best guess it that they are gonna finish of s2 all in one go so there is alot of stuff to keep us happy for when S3 arrives.

Just my 2 cent anyway.
Quote from chavm481 :scirocco dead line is 10 days away

Who set a deadline? I always thought Scavier worked at their own pace and released things when they wanted to (read: felt that it was good enough and ready).

So I kindly ask, who did set this deadline?
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Who set a deadline? I always thought Scavier worked at their own pace and released things when they wanted to (read: felt that it was good enough and ready).

So I kindly ask, who did set this deadline?

they said theyd want to finish within the first half of the year or sumthin likes that
Quote from chavm481 :scirocco dead line is 10 days away

Z will be the first ever one year old patch Is this a reason to be happy? All depends on the 0.6A content.
This thread is closed

Importing self-made Car
(40 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG