The online racing simulator
LFS Better Demo ??
(86 posts, started )
well im a demo racer 4 4 years, and i dont need anything too! so leave the demo alone. the timed demo is an extremly bad idea!!!
#77 - Jakg
Quote from Live For Kill :well im a demo racer 4 4 years, and i dont need anything too! so leave the demo alone. the timed demo is an extremly bad idea!!!

but it might force you to get a license....
my thoughts exactly
#79 - p1u
I am just downloading S2 alpha.. Does demo have still players online?=)
Quote from Jakg :but it might force you to get a license....

yes it forces me to do it. just need 4 more years, and i will get own job, and earn money!

Quote from p1u :I am just downloading S2 alpha.. Does demo have still players online?=)

yes there are!

someone said before it, that there is 4 tracks at the demo. ITS FALSE! there are 5 tracks in the demo! you didnt counted the car park
Hmmm. I always thought the demo was good enough....but the more I think
about it - that's just it... It's "good enough". I don't think a version with a timer on it would be a good thing at all. In fact it would probably work against it.
Why bother d/loading something if it's going tobe totally useless after so long?
Now mamby a "guilt trip" version. where after a few hours of play, little messages pop up at start up. LOL something like those feed the children
things on tv..... Hello! I'm Sally Struthers for the SAVE THE DEVELOPERS NETWORK, "This is little Victor (shows bad pic of - like a license photo). And for just the cost of one S-2 license,
you can insure Victor has enough to eat today so he can grow big and strong and be able to make better additions to the great game you are trying to play today". "And when you buy a license, You'll not only get to play the full version of LFS, You'll get a an almost monthly update on the status of your sponsored dev" (shows an upbeat photo with a )
"So please, find it in your hearts to make the small payment for a BIG future" (show video of devs playing outside with a ball or something)
"Don't let them have the same fate as most developers, unwanted and uncared for - living in long hours of darkness for low pay (show picture of EA corporate offices) "Remember. A happy Dev makes for happy gameplay"
(show devs playing again)

THEN go to the start up menu ....... Can Sally Struthers be reached?
I hear that when the tears start flowing, the phones start ringing with her.

Yeah I know, I know, fix the damn comp so I can race and quit posting nonsense......... I've been BUSY OK???!!!
Quote from Racer Y :Hmmm. I always thought the demo was good enough....but the more I think
about it - that's just it... It's "good enough". I don't think a version with a timer on it would be a good thing at all. In fact it would probably work against it.
Why bother d/loading something if it's going tobe totally useless after so long?
Now mamby a "guilt trip" version. where after a few hours of play, little messages pop up at start up. LOL something like those feed the children
things on tv..... Hello! I'm Sally Struthers for the SAVE THE DEVELOPERS NETWORK, "This is little Victor (shows bad pic of - like a license photo). And for just the cost of one S-2 license,
you can insure Victor has enough to eat today so he can grow big and strong and be able to make better additions to the great game you are trying to play today". "And when you buy a license, You'll not only get to play the full version of LFS, You'll get a an almost monthly update on the status of your sponsored dev" (shows an upbeat photo with a )
"So please, find it in your hearts to make the small payment for a BIG future" (show video of devs playing outside with a ball or something)
"Don't let them have the same fate as most developers, unwanted and uncared for - living in long hours of darkness for low pay (show picture of EA corporate offices) "Remember. A happy Dev makes for happy gameplay"
(show devs playing again)

THEN go to the start up menu ....... Can Sally Struthers be reached?
I hear that when the tears start flowing, the phones start ringing with her.

Yeah I know, I know, fix the damn comp so I can race and quit posting nonsense......... I've been BUSY OK???!!!

LOL (damn, its not Big enough!) why dont we do a LFS advertisement making comptetition? "More sell, More LFS.""Yes. We made it. (MSZP)"
Quote from Live For Kill :well im a demo racer 4 4 years, and i dont need anything too! so leave the demo alone. the timed demo is an extremly bad idea!!!

44 years? I didn't know LFS existed 44 years ago!
just FO(U)R 4 years. Idiotics enabled.
Wow, 4 years. In that time you could've saved enough money to buy one of those real expensive games that they have in stores! With a box and everything!
Quote from deggis :
Definately there's no point removing online or restricting it in anyway. What's the f*cking point showing an online racing game withount online? ajp71 really seems to think like Kunos too...

Because the best form of advertising is what LFS users say about it. Without hearing on other boards what the online racing was actually like I would never have bought LFS. Most sim demos don't have online racing GTR/GTL don't and they're said to be crap so I'll steer clear of them. Whereas the N2003 demo didn't have online, any road courses or the mods I bought it for I still bought it and wasn't disappointed because of what others have said about it.

If you look into the nK threads here a lot of the anti-nK comments are simply wrong, but people have still made them because they never got the demo working properly. Likewise look in any other sim forum and you'll find anti-LFS comments that simply aren't true based on demo experiences.

LFS Better Demo ??
(86 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG