The online racing simulator
LFS Better Demo ??
(86 posts, started )
LFS Better Demo ??
Does anyone think a better demo would sell more copies of Live for Speed ? I for one held off buying this game for a long time after trying the demo. The demo is no indication of how good this sim is. Agree ? Steve P
how would you reccomend making the demo better? (by better i mean getting people to buy s2 sooner)
It's pretty generous imho, considering it's playable online and has three cars, while most race-sim demos I've tried in the last year or so have had one car and no online content at all...
Like Gabkicks, I would like to see some suggestions as to how to improve the demo instead of all these people saying it just isn't good enough. A demo's meant to be a taste, a teaser, a demonstration after all...
^ my thoughts exactly. the demo offers so much i'm wondering how to make it better. alot of people end up playing the demo for years because it offers so much.
leave the demo alone!

anyway, i dont understand why have S2 players problem about it...
#6 - Bosse
Quote from Live For Kill :leave the demo alone!

anyway, i dont understand why have S2 players problem about it...

Because you should buy the game and support the devs?
illepall
S2 is great, S2 demo isn't! I talked to a few of my friends about it they all tried the demo and didn't like it one bit! Only when they tried it at my place they saw how good S2 realy is. And i bought S2 license for 4 of my friends.
So yes, my opinion is that S2 demo doesn't reflect how good S2 realy is. I mean it still has only 3 cars, that's been there since the dawn of time. I don't worry about it, but the devs should.
well, i think its really true, that the demo consist more then other demos. but if someone like the demo, that will surely buy the game (shut up! i need at least 4 more years for it!) but who isnt satisfied with it, that wont buy the full game. anyway, You bought that licences to your friends? if its true, then you are real rich...
0.04N is up! head over lfsmuseum.atw.hu and grab it!

in this demo, you can try out all of the cars
Quote from Live For Kill :0.04N is up! head over lfsmuseum.atw.hu and grab it!

in this demo, you can try out all of the cars

That is not the same,you know that.
I have said it time and time again, the demo is fine, it shows the key elements of LFS, the physics engine, graphics and sound, has 3 cars and 1 track, it clearly displays what LFS is all about and how it plays, both online and off, you can clearly use it to make an informed judgement of weather the full game is worth your money or not.

Now, I truely believe the demo needs to be chopped, I don't think it should allow people to use it online indefinatly, I think either a time allowance, or mileage allowance should be imposed, when this passes the demo locks out in multiplayer, but still allows offline/LAN play, this would not only get more people into licensed S2, but also clear up the wreckers and wrecker teams that plague the demo servers.

Dan,
Quote from Hankstar :It's pretty generous imho, considering it's playable online and has three cars, while most race-sim demos I've tried in the last year or so have had one car and no online content at all...
Like Gabkicks, I would like to see some suggestions as to how to improve the demo instead of all these people saying it just isn't good enough. A demo's meant to be a taste, a teaser, a demonstration after all...

Yes absolutely, those who are complaning about too few cars and too few tracks don't really want to spend money for software, they always want to get anything for free.

In my opinion restricting the demo would be an improvement as the demo is far too complete, 1 car 1 track and/or limited online racing time should be sufficient to get convinced. However, the devs are rather generous, so that many demo racers stick with the demo for years instead of buying a license.
#14 - Jakg
Quote from sparadise :Does anyone think a better demo would sell more copies of Live for Speed ? I for one held off buying this game for a long time after trying the demo. The demo is no indication of how good this sim is. Agree ? Steve P

look at most games, 1 car, 1 track, no-online, LFS gives you 3 cars (although i think the xrt should be replaced with something a little different, like the FXO), you really are lucky, but still you seem to think you have some right to soemthing more, if you want more, get S2!
Quote from danowat :... Now, I truely believe the demo needs to be chopped, I don't think it should allow people to use it online indefinatly, I think either a time allowance, or mileage allowance should be imposed, when this passes the demo locks out in multiplayer, but still allows offline/LAN play, this would not only get more people into licensed S2, but also clear up the wreckers and wrecker teams that plague the demo servers.

Dan,

I think, that You are wrong! Chopping the demo would be a terrible thing, and I think the the percentage of the users buying the game after trying the demo would decrease by 50% ! No joke!
Other thing is , that there are demo leagues out there ! I was /for example/ using the demo for more than a year (!!!) , and i took part in the Hungarian demo cup. It was amazing fun, and if the demo would be like a friggin trial shareware program, it would be awful ! IMHO
And of course not every demo racer is a wrecker !

Btt: the demo could be improved by adding som more variations to BLGP, or adding one more car . Nothing less (:-x) , nothing more.
I think that demo game is really good...
You know... it's a DEMO and obviously let you see just a little part of the game, BUT allow you to have a lot of fun on demo servers...
I got S2 license just three days ago... i have still to learn tracks and car, BUT i think that 24 £ that you pay for the license is a REALLY good price...
Think about what yuo earn...
New friends, experience o driving, really really GOOD TIME and a lot of FUN... and many many other good things...
So... demo version is good sa it is at the moment... i don't think that needs some improvement...
Demo racers have to think about what they want...
I DO MY CHOICE!!!
S2 ROCKS!!!
I think the demo is perfect as it is. They get every single feature of the full game, several great cars, a great track, and unlimited multiplayer.

I think the only way to improve with keeping content is to have some for of verifiable account on LFSW. I.e. someone can only sign-up for multiplayer if their IP, Name, email etc are unique. If you get rid of email accounts that you can make new ones of, say hotmail, then people wouldn't be able to just get a new account. It would also mean that banning is easier as even demo users online would have a username.

But I think the demo should have either no, or restricted, multiplayer. I used the demo for about 2 weeks mostly offline and that was EASILY enough to show me what the game was like. I don't see how people need online or more than three cars to show them what it's like.
The demo is fine as it is. Although I do think restricting multiplayer could be a bad thing in a way that how many people here have gone into a multiplayer game to find no one or very few racing ?? At least having a lot of people playing the demo you have a lot of people online for new commers to the game to race.

Keiran
I know, lets take off the speed and revmeters! Seriously... the demo is fine.
Quote from tristancliffe :I don't see how people need online or more than three cars to show them what it's like.

Joke? LFS is ONLINE racing simulator and without trying online, I would never buy it. I need to check how good network code is, if my connection is good enough etc..
@Pablo.CZ
100 % agree
Quote from Pablo.CZ :Joke? LFS is ONLINE racing simulator and without trying online, I would never buy it. I need to check how good network code is, if my connection is good enough etc..

2 weeks, or 2 weeks worth of miles, would be more than enough to evaluate the netcode.

Dan,
The demo will never and should never change. How would you make it better, by giving ppl better cars(or different cars) so that they could have the 2 demos with 3 different cars each and possibly 2 tracks(new 1 for the new demo) Then everyone would have a 3-6 car, 2 track demo and would never buy the game I mean why would you if you get that much for free, Scavier isnt that dumb. I think that the demo cars give you enough of a taste to want the rest, it worked on me and many others, but then again me and alot of others have been around for a long time when there was only the demo content so there was nothing more we could ask for, just wait till S1. The only thing the devs should ever do to the demo is possibly put a new track in it(but take out Blackwood) but Blackwood is still the best track in the game IMO.
Quote from danowat :2 weeks, or 2 weeks worth of miles, would be more than enough to evaluate the netcode.

2 weeks are enough, but its waste of Scawens time make restriction like this, because it would be very quickly cracked.
FYI: Ive bought S2 1 week after downloaded demo.
I agree with Kerain, the demo is fine as it is.
I think a much faster car (compared to XFG, XRG, XRT) would show the thrill of racing much better and maybe add a new configuration of Blackwood (slightly longer than gp, FOX or FXR as the new car) because you have to react faster in those cars, giving a different experience. Plus the fast speed would show off the great physics more. A ~1 month online play limit would also be a good idea.

LFS Better Demo ??
(86 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG