The online racing simulator
Clutchless shifting?
(14 posts, started )
Clutchless shifting?
I don't have a wheel yet, but I'm getting a Fanatec 911. Will I be able to shift without using the clutch? How does that work in the game?
hmm save your money and dont buy a fanatec 911... lol read my thread.

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=58135

and as for h pattern i have never tried without the clutch but the 911 turbo comes with a sequential shifter as well so you dont need the clutch.
The game has an auto clutch driving help, (options -> player). I haven't used it in a while, but i remember it working ok with dfp, which also did not have a clutch pedal.

Auto clutch operates the clutch for you in time with the gearchanges. It will not do any rev-matching for you. Also as the computer assisted clucth has a ramp (not on/off), your clutch will burn if you don't lift off the gas pedal when shifting up.
Quote from Not Sure :The game has an auto clutch driving help, (options -> player). I haven't used it in a while, but i remember it working ok with dfp, which also did not have a clutch pedal.

Auto clutch operates the clutch for you in time with the gearchanges. It will not do any rev-matching for you. Also as the computer assisted clucth has a ramp (not on/off), your clutch will burn if you don't lift off the gas pedal when shifting up.

Yes yes, I know, but I'm saying, is a hard shift possible? Can I shift without the clutch the same way I would with any other constant mesh transmission? The wheel I'm getting does have a clutch pedal and an H-shifter. Can I just rev-match into the window and just put it into gear without using the clutch?
Oh, should have read more carefully.

Yes, that also works if you know what you're doing.
Quote from Not Sure :Oh, should have read more carefully.

Yes, that also works if you know what you're doing.

Awesome. Thanks.
Yes I do it sometimes in cruise servers, not being entirely in the know of clutchless shifting I go up to the next gear (with a G25 and auto clutch off) then leave the accelerator until the gear comes up, to downshift I go to neutral rev the engine then engage the lower gear. I do this mainly when I get sick of the clutch and just want to drive slowly.

Oh and I hate the auto gearbox, so that's why I shift without the clutch..and the sequential option is pretty much the same as what's above, so I don't bother to change it to sequential, I just leave it in H pattern all the time.
AFAIK, you will have to use the clutch for h-gear shifting. Sequential shifting, be it with paddles or a stick, can be done flat out with autoclutch in most cars, although the autoclutch has a ramp and you will burn the clutch if you don't let go of the gas.
You can shift in gear without clutch. ( if you get the right rpm )
Like I said
It doesn't work right though, all you need to do is put it into neutral, let the revs fall a bit, put it into the next gear and give it some throttle. When it reaches the right RPM it "automagically" shifts up. It's much faster to do it with a clutch anywho
Until we get FFB shifers, that is the only way it can work
It could do something a bit better, maybe give a grinding sound until you disengage the clutch or go back to neutral. It should only go in if the revs match or are close enough at least (with a nice grinding noise then). If they don't match, it shouldn't be possible to stay in gear. Maybe if it happens for a certain amount of time over the course of a race the car konks out or something, I dunno
That would be cool

Clutchless shifting?
(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG