The online racing simulator
Quote :I will try and join you, but being an hour behind I may miss the starts. But wull be fun watching the racing.

there's absolutely no problem if you miss the start, you can still join for race 2 or 3

stats and standings updated:

http://troy.freeunix.net/

and the next combo:

Date: Thursday, June 4h 2009
Server: CR|LRF Racing
Start: 18:30 UTC
Car: LX6
Track: Aston North rev (AS7r)

Schedule:

Qualification: 10 minutes
Sprint Race 1: 5 laps
Sprint Race 2: 5 laps (rev grid)
Main Race : 12 laps (rev grid)
Attached files
LX6_AS6_DaveW_spr.set - 132 B - 788 views
LX6_AS7_splat_spr.set - 132 B - 799 views
Here we are again. I had a nice evening today and enjoyed most of ther races. First race i don't even remember what happened there..propably nothing.

On second race i killed guru on purpose ..just a little revange after he's bomg on me on last week. It was sweet even tho i lost many places. I managed to past few racers and finish 6th.

On last race my accelerator pedal started dying on me again so i could accelerate normally. It was a mirale that i fought with jet so long. Some laps before the end i had an incidient with car on 2nd place i can't remeber now who it was but i can say that i could do anything.. i was braking and the second car was just too slow on the entrance of the turn - i didn't expected that and couldn't avoid contact.. I 'm sorry for that. Than jet passed me finally and that was it. I finished 3rd. If it wasn't for that damn pedal i propably could at least try to kill troy somewhere :P

The end.
great combo and some very fine racing tonight, even the spectating in race2 was fun, had a lot of battles to watch. Shame LFS placed me somewhere in the middle of the grid for race3 was looking forward trying to get past all these fast guys.
Really good races after two weeks without proper racing. Felt like "what the hell is this steering thing for?"
I lagged out in first race, but in second i finished 4th after great battle with Blackout and long ended with 5th place for me.
I was exhausted after race, it was like one hour of excercising. Hand killing combo this one.

Btw. i want to see next track (lyt), might be interresting.
Quote from kamo2000 :Some laps before the end i had an incidient with car on 2nd place i can't remeber now who it was but i can say that i could do anything.. i was braking and the second car was just too slow on the entrance of the turn - i didn't expected that and could avoid contact.. I 'm sorry for that.

Fair play for appologising straight away.

I still feel that it was the result of a little impatience on your part though. I took that line through T1 (wide in, fast out) on every lap that i had total control of the car. I think if you had have waited rather than just steaming in, then you would have been presented with better opportunities to overtake towards the end of the race.

I don't usually get narked by these things, especially in public races, but 2 factors made me a little angry.
1) You are better than that, i've raced with you a lot of times, so i know.
2) I don't usually get podium opportunities, and had one unfairly taken from me tonight...

Anyways, i'll get over it, and thanks once again for saying sorry

So apart from that, i had fun. I made a n00b of myself in the first race when i thought we were on a different combo, and went straight on at the hairpin near the end of the lap. Fortunately, i only just clipped a guys front end, and i don't believe i damaged his car or hampered his race in any way (please correct me if i'm wrong, i will then beg for you forgiveness...). Must try to get onto the server before qually in future, just got back from work too late....

I was also quite pleased that i seemed to be at least keeping up with Troy for the first half of the feature race. Unfortunately though, the cracking rhythm i was settled into was upset by my finger catching the downshift paddle mid corner, the subsequent fight to keep the car on track, and then the Kamo incident.
Quote from GFresh :
So apart from that, i had fun. I made a n00b of myself in the first race when i thought we were on a different combo, and went straight on at the hairpin near the end of the lap. Fortunately, i only just clipped a guys front end, and i don't believe i damaged his car or hampered his race in any way (please correct me if i'm wrong, i will then beg for you forgiveness...). Must try to get onto the server before qually in future, just got back from work too late....

Nah there's no problem, I just did a nice 180° and here we go again, my car was okay after that.
stats and standings updated:

http://troy.freeunix.net/

Next weeks combo (last one chosen by kamo), the layout is originally made by noghost (and good fun from the short tests I did), I just added some direction markers to make it a little more "first time" friendly.

Date: Thursday, June 11th 2009
Server: CR|LRF Racing
Start: 18:30 UTC
Car: LX4
Track: Autocross Layout (AU1)

Schedule:

Sprint Race 1: 6 laps
Sprint Race 2: 6 laps (rev grid)
Main Race : 13 laps (rev grid)

the set attached probably needs the brake balance further to the front, just did some quick testing so far.
Attached images
lxauto.jpg
lxauto1.jpg
Attached files
LX4_SS1_Benji_lyt.set - 132 B - 961 views
AU1_noghost1.lyt - 4 KB - 247 views
I can already see lots of flying debris and unfixable tyre damage.
Could be fun though.
You should have seen the layout loco made us drive.. It would be fit for mrt maybe...on mine there is plenty of space so it's easier.
Oh noes, not these Polish tracks again.
This is a great layout!
Did some 30-odd laps on it.

Current time to beat - 1:45.39 (spb is 1:44.66)
I want to join todays race. can someone help me how (:
Edit: and can i drive other settings than that?
Quote from keskitalo :I want to join todays race. can someone help me how (:
Edit: and can i drive other settings than that?

Just show up at the time when quali starts.
And you can drive the setup you want to drive
ok thanks my best time now 1.46.49. :rally_dri
Any ideas how to reduce the FPS hit from so many physics objects? It's a CPU bottleneck, not GFX.
Quote from DaveWS :Any ideas how to reduce the FPS hit from so many physics objects? It's a CPU bottleneck, not GFX.

Thats odd. Although the layout has max, 512, objects, I didn't personally get any FPS drop, it was much worse on as7r an hour before.

I guess there are some places where the amount of objects could be reduced.. but thats up to troy.
ill see if i can appear tonight so i can make a fool of myself
Quote from DaveWS :Any ideas how to reduce the FPS hit from so many physics objects? It's a CPU bottleneck, not GFX.

If you've got a dual core you could try running it on one core and with higher priority, that squeezed some fps out for me when I still had a weaker cpu.

Quote from fuse :I guess there are some places where the amount of objects could be reduced..

Not sure if it's possible to remove any barriers, firstly; the layout is not made by me and secondly you open the door for cutting or make it more dangerous then it already is.
Quote from troy :

It's actually impossible to start a qualyfing session at au1.
that's correct, we usually got around that by just starting an approx. 10 minute race, let each other some space and then manually sort the grid looking at the fastest times.
To the one that will be choosing next combos. I beg you no more layouts..what i was thinking when i decided to race there :/

So - sorry to everyone i ruined your day - sorry niki for the bump i had no room to do otherwise in there.
Layouts ftw something new and fun to drive. Too bad they are buggy. Nevertheless, it was great races for me
For the few laps I had time to drive, the layout was pretty good fun, one of the better layouts IMO for sure. Unfortunately LFS is very badly optimised for layouts so my PC bogs down to 30 - 40 fps which ruins the connection you have with the car.

The few races after with the LX's, RAC's and FZ's were great though.
ah it was great fun once it was running kamo I just had some trouble getting the whole thing with the qualifying right, but I guess I learned some things today about it.

Racing was close and most of the time very fair and calculated (at least that's what I witnessed), had a big smile in my face for most of the races even though I had lots of trouble getting past anybody.
Some hilarious shots from last night.

'Public' Concept LX racing (weekly)
(282 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG