The online racing simulator
LC is closed for everytime
(88 posts, started )
#51 - 5haz
Quote from pipa :What wonders me is how you are able to know that? You tell us you hate cruise servers and barely visit them, but you make accusations without a proper explanation or proof of it.

I have visisted them long enough to know these things, which is about uhm... five minutes.

I never said that I hated cruise servers either, I said that I found them very silly and unfriendly, I did not use the word hate.

Why this "omg haterzz" obsession now? Evereyone does it, the slightest bit of criticism and they start crying out "omg haterz" as if hating something is always a bad thing. I've noticed a lot of rappers do it too. If you can't take criticism of something you like/ are involved in, then you should hide in the corner of a darkened room until you grow some bloody skin and begin to think of some proper arguments.

Quote from RaceUK :A lot of COP's on cruise serverd , have a sense of humor failure and are very .... greedy.. "Pay or Ban" is usually the average attitude

Err yeah, they talk to you as if its real money.
OH MAI GAWD!

NOT LC

Was my favorite place to hang out

WAAAAAIIIIIIII
Quote from boothy :DILLIGAF

ROFL

Cruising is like being a gay.. I don't really mind if you guys are ****ing each others arse but could you please keep that to yourself.

check this out --> http://www.lfs.net/?page=whatislfs and you'll find out what LFS really is... yup, it's online racing simulation. And no, I'm not trying to flame or anything, just said my opinion here ( as anyone really cares about it )

+1 for closing cruise servers, maybe we'll get more people racing.
Quote from Jakg :I have to ask what posses you to make ANOTHER server? There are already other servers doing the exact same thing as your doing :X

How to get all cars and unlimited cash at a cruise server?
Make your own!
lol

Quote from Tukko :ROFL

Cruising is like being a gay.. I don't really mind if you guys are ****ing each others arse but could you please keep that to yourself.

check this out --> http://www.lfs.net/?page=whatislfs and you'll find out what LFS really is... yup, it's online racing simulation. And no, I'm not trying to flame or anything, just said my opinion here ( as anyone really cares about it )

+1 for closing cruise servers, maybe we'll get more people racing.

Strange you are.
-
(MariusMM) DELETED by MariusMM
True lfs player should:
1st:Hate cruise servers
2nd:Miss CTRA

Sorry thats my opinion
#57 - 5haz
People think in black and white, they think you either have to be either a 'hater' or a 'fanboy'.

It dosen't quite work like that.

Quote from MariusMM :Just to piss you moaners off. Haha, that would be an epic win.

Nah, that would actually be quite sad on your part.
#58 - Byku
Guys, guys, guys... remember one thing! Some of You want to get rid of cruise server, isn't it a little bit selfish(You don't like it, but other people like it!)? I mean, cruising, drifting, racing(and destruction derby, drag racing etc etc etc), all of them are advantages to LFS. Drifting thanks to great physics, and cruising thanks to great insim. Getting rid of cruising is like getting rid of potential customers! Remember, that some of those cruisers are not always on cruise servers! Some of them might go racing from time to time, but getting rid of cruise servers will get rid of those people! Yeah sure... LFS is a "racing sim"... but getting rid of cruise servers won't help that(much ). It will make some people leave LFS(for which cruising is one of the most important factor of LFS), and for the future potential cruisers(=customers) LFS will loose all it's appeal(which in the future might change to pure racing ). Although i have to agree that sometimes i am terrified that the most populated servers are cruise servers... i have to remember that some of those people also enjoy racing from time to time. Oh and If some of You think that racing is dead, join a league! There are plently of racing in the evening in the private servers! Btw. I have some friends to whom i've shown LFS. They were rather bad in racing(no experience), but they considered cruising factor a really interesting idea! What's more, they would be able to learn to race online, without destroying other's people races.

Oh and personally i will miss LC , i was a cadet there . I wasn't playing there much, but it was fun from time to time to relax and just.. chase other people .
I don't give a crap about cruising one way or another, but that article is so full of sour grapes bullshit that this thread deserves all the negative comments it's gotten.

"Today, what does interest players? The cruise, and yes, nothing else. Every new S2 player is only attracted by the cruise"

Uhh?

"the development of LFS took a arcade evolution"

Uhh?

So you chose to dabble in a LFS "genre" that attracts the immature and trollish element of the game's community, and now you're bitching that that same element made you shut down? Wow, didn't see that coming.
Ok, there are dumb admins on cruise servers, yes, but where do dumb admins miss? In race servers? Or maybe in drift? It's not about the type of the server. It's about the type of admin. Just because you own a server doesn't mean that you're holding God's mackintosh but some people act like they rule the world just because they can get the ban stick out and start weaving it with pride threatening everyone that's faster(or better in some matter) than them.

It's not cruising, it's not racing, it's not dragging. It's the people that are members/admins in this server. All on all - the people with a bit more privileges.

Also what I heard that xerxes is blaming lfs devs about the closing of Lc... I think that's wrong too. Devs are not responsible about people's behaviour(I mean people that are crashing/insulting/swearing at other people).

Personally I cruise and go very rarely in race/drag/drift servers because of my slow PC. Whenever I drive near 2-3 more people my fps drops. If it's more than 2 people it's hardly even drivable. I'm actually even happy on fps of 30 which is also the average I get(while I see other people whining when they get >40fps). On race servers there are close fights with many people and when there are more than 7-8 people near me my fps drops below 5 and => I crash in someone or in a fence, it was kinda funny first, but it got annoying afterwards.

If you think more you will find out that some people have reasons to drive in cruise servers. And others just like only this side of LFS in which personally I find absolutely nothing wrong about it. I guess that people that like only the racing side of the game sometimes whine because other mods(drift/cruise/w.e more there is) are taking the attention away from racing. BTW: In all sides of LFS there are cool people as much as there are... let's just call them 'not so cool' people.

Soo imo if someone hates cruising/racing/drifting/w.e or just the people that play the game that way should really keep it for himself.

If you let me explain it this way: LFS is one passenger-ship. Some of the people work to make it run(lfs devs, insim devs, server hosts, etc..) and others are having fun for the money they gave to get on the ship. It would be really bad if on this ship someone starts one of the 'forbidden' topics(like wealth of a person.. or what is a person's wife doing atm when he's on the ship.. you know.. the kind of topics that end up with a big bang). Saving some of the words for yourself would really be a big good deed as you know how flames spread. One person says something... other replies... they fight... others come and take their own positions too and there we are with a burning and sinking ship in the middle of the sea, just because one person felt cold and wanted to warm up.

I guess that the OP doesn't know what a thread about closing server can do or maybe he just felt cold. Both ways it started out as a joke from the 1st few posts and ended in a serious convo about lfs types(AGAIN).

Also I want to say that racers are kind of advertising Lc when posting in here, because this thread is or was in the top place, like of course was expected to happen.

BTW: If you did read the whole post and didn't have time to reply then I did what I wanted to do. If you just leave this thread it will die like the similar ones. IMO such threads should be deleted right after they have been made but oh well, moderators have their own life's too so it's pretty much in our hands to keep the conversation in this forum clean.

Let me just say it again: It's not cruising or racing that's stupid, it's not drifting or dragging, it's not LFS or the forum! It's the people that don't know how to behave. I'm not saying that you have to be perfect, but just to find the bounds and try not to cross them.

So now please stop making posts saying racers/cruisers/drifters or w/e suck but go and play in your favorite server with the people that like to be there too.

If you agree with my post then please don't reply but just let this thread die.
-
(MariusMM) DELETED by MariusMM
#61 - 5haz
Nah I think that rather went over your head.
Hold on tight lads, big post incoming!

Around a year ago I purchased a wonderful simulator I played a lot as demo called "Live for Speed" Bloody great I thought. New tracks, new cars and a G25 I'd brought as well. So I set out & joined numerous racing servers. Had a right blast!

But then I saw a place called "CityLifeCrew". Funny name for a server I thought so I took a look. I saw a money counter, I saw a mileage counter; I saw barriers and signs and GASP cars driving in different directions! So I continued to visit this place, and became marvelled at a DRIVING simulator that had some pretty damn decent physics.

Have you ever downloaded one of those 2D style driving instructor programs? Well I'd like to learn to drive (I'm 17 in November) but with those programs I didn't feel at all connected with the car. But with LFS I could use the shifter; I could learn the consequences of forgetting to clutch or hitting the wrong gear. I could get used to both the general styles of FW/RW/AWD (obviously this is going to be a lot different to a real car, but It can help!) I could also practise overtaking, junction manners & speed control (when you get to know the right people, many will help you out!)

So yes, I brought LFS with the intent of using it as a DRIVING simulator, I race, I cruise. LFS has a multitude of possibilities.

Another example was Crysis. I brought it with the intent to go PEW PEW PEW BANG BANG BANG throughout the SP/MP modes. Now it’s primarily used a scenery creator/screenshot generator. Everything has its possibilities.

So come on, cease the arguments & let’s understand each others perspectives. "Racers" like to fight for positions, go bumper to bumper into corners whilst "cruisers" like to imitate a small network using barriers & signs, relaxing whist not having to worry about positions etc. & "cruisers" just go WEEEEEEEEEEE round a corner in a fury of smoke and revs

I'll grab a coffee now, continue whatever it was you were doing
#63 - Jakg
If you think LFS is gonna help you pass your test your in for a big shock, unfortunately.

No sim, no matter how realistic, gets the nuances of driving a real car in traffic.
Die, thread. Bad thread.
RIP (hopefully)
Quote from MariusMM :Nah, I'd love it!

Yeah it would be pretty fun Because i find it stupid how much some (or many) racers are against cruising, as we are allowed to use our bought license for what we like without getting flamed :bananadea
Now im off before more racers starts to say things..... :dogrun:

EDIT: Equinox's post is a good one between all the other "bad" ones, or what you will call them.
Quote from Jakg :If you think LFS is gonna help you pass your test your in for a big shock, unfortunately.

No sim, no matter how realistic, gets the nuances of driving a real car in traffic.

It can help you learn about clutch and the effects of too much power in a RWD car and the like, granted it's still a "game" but I'd bet that someone who was very good with a full manual G25 would have a better understanding of car control than someone who hasn't.

(assuming both people had never driven a real car before)
#67 - Jakg
Quote from S14 DRIFT :It can help you learn about clutch

...no it won't.

A G25 is closer than using a toaster to drive a car in-game, but if you compare the shifter (and it's relative position) to a real car - it's not the same. The pedals are the wrong way round, the feel of the clutch is wrong (as is the total linear effect in most games) and the wheel is way to small.

Yes, LFS will give you over-the-limit car control, but I can't remember being asked to drift around the roundabout in my test...
Quote from Jakg :The pedals are the wrong way

Nothing against the other points (it's all dependant I guess on the layout you have etc etc) but I'm confused by this..
#69 - Jakg
The pedals in my car hinge from the top - the pedals on my wheel hinge from the bottom. IRL I push the pedal back (they don't actually rotate much), whereas with my wheel the pedal goes round as it rotates much more.

Again this is very weird when I tried my wheel out for the first time in months after driving nothing but real cars - the pedals are A. Too close, and the pedals seem to move the wrong way.
#70 - 5haz
Turn your wheel pedals upside down then.

In some ways (with regards to racing more than road driving), its actually perhaps a little bit easier in real life, because in LFS, when the back end steps out you only feel this through the wheel and seeing the car begin to slide on screen, while in real life you can feel the whole car beginning to rotate to through your seat, when you first feel it it feels really wierd, but after a while it makes things a lot easier, great fun getting the back end out out of hairpins in the wet, I wish I had the money to go racing again.
Ahhh, I see now.

If you have floor mounted pedals (racing cars, super cars or some silly little kit car creations), but hey.

It's like the pedal is mounted on a thing which in turn is mounted on another thing, I know what you mean.
#72 - Jakg
Quote from 5haz :Turn your wheel pedals upside down then.

Whenever I try to race (which has been ages I will admit) i keep wanting to do this but my desk really isn't made for it...
#73 - 5haz
Yeah but you're right about the pedals, unless you have one of those really expensive hydraulic adjustable pedal sets, then racing wheel pedals just feel dead, on a real car each pedal has its own unique feel, the throttle on a real car is very sensetive compared to on a racing wheel (this Is why I used to spin so much at first), the feel of the brakes change as they heat up, and the clutch can change too, (especially if the cable falls off completely, in which case the pedal dissapears!).
#74 - Jakg
I don't get any feedback from the pedals in my car (because it's cheap and shit) - but the feel of the pedal (i.e. the varying springyness of the clutch) does make driving feel a little "dead".
#75 - 5haz
Well yeah thats probrably because you drive a modern ish road car which is meant to be comfortable, whereas all the cars I've ever driven were thrown together in a chicken shed and have bits rattling off them.

LC is closed for everytime
(88 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG