The online racing simulator
#51 - vane
*Comment Retracted
Quote from vane :Isn't £60 a bit expensive for something you got for free?

Come again?
#53 - vane
well what i mean was you got a replacement then sold it for quite a lot of money, although now i have read the rest of the thread i have retracted my comment
Quote from vane :well what i mean was you got a replacement then sold it for quite a lot of money, although now i have read the rest of the thread i have retracted my comment

Lol, yeh no I didn't get a replacement.

If I had of gotten the replacement I'd have just sold the shifter and pedals to people that needed them, probably kept the wheel itself as a spare unless someone wanted it.
well to be fair

i got the wheel for a fair price

Jamie got what he asked for, for the wheel

end of?

Jamie btw if you need a wheel ill have a DFP for sale now.
Bloody bargain of a price you mean!

I'll do without a wheel till I can afford something better than Logitech, after their customer service, I'll probably get a Fanatec or just not bother. I'm done with Logitech lmao.

Quote from S14 DRIFT :Bloody bargain of a price you mean!

I'll do without a wheel till I can afford something better than Logitech, after their customer service, I'll probably get a Fanatec or just not bother. I'm done with Logitech lmao.

rofl i know...ripped your arm off

DFP is there if ya want though. dont want much. keep falling over it
Quote from S14 DRIFT :I'll do without a wheel till I can afford something better than Logitech, after their customer service, I'll probably get a Fanatec or just not bother. I'm done with Logitech lmao.

Logitech, bad customer service?
Whys that S14, they will replace any faulty product normally pretty quick too, they do ask that you destroy (or make unusable) any faulty HW and not say you did then sell it, it seems quite simple to me

Get yourself a wheel soon Jamie, its no fun without!

SD.
#59 - vane
Sorry i did not realise you did not get a replacement
Quote from SparkyDave :Logitech, bad customer service?
Whys that S14, they will replace any faulty product normally pretty quick too, they do ask that you destroy (or make unusable) any faulty HW and not say you did then sell it, it seems quite simple to me

Get yourself a wheel soon Jamie, its no fun without!

SD.

Even so it was down to someone else that's caused not only me some hardship, but other people I was trying to help. I'm just not going to bother doing that sort of thing again.

Probably not going to bother with a new wheel.. when I sort out a job and other things I'll likely consider getting a new one (probably not a Logitech after their cheek) but as for now I don't really have the "time" (funny thing that) to play many games.
#61 - STF
Should've crossed your mind that someone with a tooth against you could create a surprise along the way.. Sorry to see what you got through though.

I don`t think it's Logitech fault they received informations about you trying to help others a little(and yourself with some cash:tilt.
So far, I've read only good things about Logitech`s customer support..
Now, what happens in future if you get another G25 and it breaks off, they have a database with "warranty cheats" or something and will deny support? Don`t think so..

Anyway, if you get the Fanatec GT3RS, me wants review .
This is hilarious!
Next time dont sing to the wind in public places. Just come here and say: I have spare wheel to sell in pieces, you dont need to explain from where it comes... DOH ... lololol
Damn, I wish I had thought of that

Seriously, Logitech never have a problem with replacing faulty hardware or anything, and have great costumer service. Shame on you for trying to abuse it...
It's sort of funny, but sort of annoying as well... Hardly abusing it, it's a genuine claim and don't tell me you would REALLY destroy your old unit, because of course you wouldn't. What you did with it however is a different matter...

I'd still like to know who did it, though. And why.

It's not so much the "you have to send it back" stuff, but the "I have to pay for it and we don't give a toss if you can't afford it".
I emailed logitech a week ago about my spiking pedals, could someone please report this post to them so they answer my email?

Ta.
Tbh. Ive only spoke to logitech once.....was shite tbh.
My experience with them is 50/50. The first time my shifter went, they happily replaced it and after 3 weeks, my new one arrived with no cost to myself. The second time it happened (was still in warranty) they said they can replace it, but it will cost me £50! I promptly told them to go **** themselves and hung up.
If you buy your wheel from Ebay, do they still cover warranties?
If its a two year warrantie, then it may be that the first year is with the shop you bought it from (an eBay shop for example) and then the second year with logitech. No matter where you buy it from, if the wheel fails, logitech will have to take SOME reliability as they are the ones who made the wheel in the first place.
Quote from Mp3 Astra :If you buy your wheel from Ebay, do they still cover warranties?

I believe you need a reciept to proceed with a claim, but I've never had to try without so I don't know, perhaps you could get away with it..
#71 - Jakg
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :If its a two year warrantie, then it may be that the first year is with the shop you bought it from (an eBay shop for example) and then the second year with logitech. No matter where you buy it from, if the wheel fails, logitech will have to take SOME reliability as they are the ones who made the wheel in the first place.

Under UK law - no they don't.

If you Buy-It-Now from an eBay Business Member the SOGA and DSR apply.
I was'nt talking about just eBay shops, as im not to sure about them. As for normal shops though, i've had items replaced by the manufacturer, even if i have bought it from a shop that has nothing to do with them.
#73 - Jakg
Many manufacturers may do this - but they don't have to.

UK law says the retailer is the one who has to dole out replacements/repairs/refunds, although as the stuff usually ends up being sent back to the manufacturer, they often fob you off to go to them direct and save them work. They manufacturers often agree to this to save time and make them look more customer-centric, but again Logitech are well within their rights to tell you to FO and talk to the retailer, where you'd have to argue about goods being fit for purpose etc.

EDIT - This is for all shops - not just eBay. The only time the retailer is absolved of responsibility is when they are acting as an agent for the manufacturer - which very very very very very rarely happens.
Thanks for the info, guys. I guessed it was like that having seen many 'Watchdog' episodes in my time.

The more I read and think about a G25, the less time I can hold off from buying one...
Quote from Mp3 Astra :

The more I read and think about a G25, the less time I can hold off from buying one...

dont do it...they suck

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG