The online racing simulator
lego pedal :D
(25 posts, started )
so, i had a boring day and desided to use my creative head.
this is what i got

as you see, i got it working by few springs i found.

(really sorry for so poort image quality, took with my stone-aged phone and with unstable hand)
its not bending very much, so i dont really know is it so good in use. but since i got this far i want to make it work but cant find out how to. i got no joysticks, gamepads or else that stuff(exept xbox controllers and my FFEX)
so any ideas how to make this work of art work?
oh and heres to show how little it bends

Well thats pretty nice, but wouldnt it insta break when you put your foot on it?
Well clearly you also need to build a pneumatic lego man to depress the pedal.
Quote from DevilDare :Well thats pretty nice, but wouldnt it insta break when you put your foot on it?

50/50. it doesnt brake(so much) tested it. putted it tightly and pressed it with alot of force. it didnt break but it wobbles alot
#5 - G!NhO
And does it work? Shouldn't it have some potmeter or something?
#6 - Fuse5
Quote from batteryy :50/50. it doesnt brake(so much) tested it. putted it tightly and pressed it with alot of force. it didnt break but it wobbles alot

extend the base to the sides and back, so it won't wobble, with lego parts.
Quote from G!NhO :And does it work? Shouldn't it have some potmeter or something?

exactly why i posted here, i needed ideas for how to make it work ingame
#8 - vane
I would say the easiest way would be to make a PIC microcontroller circuit which interfaced the pot value into the serial port on your computer then write some software to interface it into a game controller

I don't know how to do that last bit though
Quote from vane :I would say the easiest way would be to make a PIC microcontroller circuit which interfaced the pot value into the serial port on your computer then write some software to interface it into a game controller

I don't know how to do that last bit though

or simply get cheap usb pedals and put that lego pedal in front of them, then connect the lego and the cheap pedal, then when you press lego pedal the usb pedal will be pressed
#10 - vane
what would be the point?
Quote from vane :what would be the point?

To accidentally the whole Lego pedal.
#13 - vane
to accidentally the whole lego pedal? that doesn't even make sense, what on earth are you talking about?

What i am saying is why make a lego pedal if you just put it infront of an existing pedal?
Quote from vane :to accidentally the whole lego pedal? that doesn't even make sense, what on earth are you talking about?

What i am saying is why make a lego pedal if you just put it infront of an existing pedal?

to accidentaly the whole lego pedal
#15 - Byku
Vane You've never accidentally the whole lego pedal?
Looks Like Cataplut hehehe, just jokeing, good make secound and Sterring Wheel.
Quote from NoFear1989 :Looks Like Cataplut hehehe, just jokeing, good make secound and Sterring Wheel.

maybe i should create a shifter too, so id have lego clutch and shifter. also then i can accidentaly the whole lego shifter
#18 - Migz
Quote from batteryy :maybe i should create a shifter too, so id have lego clutch and shifter. also then i can accidentaly the whole lego shifter

No because if you did that then youd be accidentaly your life
Quote from Migz :No because if you did that then youd be accidentaly your life

might be... big risk invoiled...
don't listen to them and build that lego shifter to accidentaly the whole lego shifter
That lego pedal looks better then the one on the background
Little bump on this topic. The idea isn't to bad For example look at this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ws8hYmtLTwM I used this as an example for my clutch pedal. Just remake everything in wood like i did:

Succes with yours
lol nice maybe i should start working on this again, had forgotten it for awhile
#24 - vane
that clutch pedal looks a bit over engineered
I have a working prototype of my DIY shifter made out of lego and k-nex.

I ran practice laps with it for a while, it was somewhat reliable without a centering spring. With the centering spring installed it would just break at the base of the shift lever.

It only works for 6+R, no seqential. I might post a new thread with pictures of the k-nex internal workings and the lego shell/gates.

(25 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG