The online racing simulator
My mirrors are all black Help please
I changed all settings and nothing, although i have been alt + tabbing latley my mirrors are suddenly all black only in exterior view and in garage and is pretty annoying, i restarted lfs and everything need help no clue on what to do thanks.

Also restarting my computer does not help, i do not want to have to reinstall lfs as i have alot of skins and settings i dont want to play around with again please help!
hint: check "views"
shift+M toggle mirrors.
Quote from GTR Racer :hint: check "views"

does not work i told you i played with all the settings, also tried shift+m that dosent work either here il post pictures
Attached images
problema.jpg
problema2.jpg
problema3.jpg
That's an LFS bug, the mirrors don't show unless it's inside view.
it was working b4
The only time mirrors worked in another view other than Cockpit/Custom view was when you pressed Shift-U from those views. (I've been playing since Patch 0.5U)
<< Patch Z

Since Z3 patch and it's changes, even this method doesn't work anymore.
Attached images
enb2009_6_7_23_44_28.jpg
Any luck finding a solution? Because i have the same problem! I'm using Z13.
Go back to Patch Z instead of the test patches?
Yep, it appears it works on Z, but i don't know why it doesn't on Z10 or Z13... But S14 only works with Z10 and above, so... screw the mirrors.
Quote from MonStarr :Yep, it appears it works on Z, but i don't know why it doesn't on Z10 or Z13... But S14 only works with Z10 and above, so... screw the mirrors.

Well best I can explain it is:

When patches after Z were released he (Scawen) fixed/improved some of the shadows and did some graphic optimisations to improve FPS for the higher detailed ground shadows. With the new changes, it created some bugs because objects were drawn/removed onscreen that didn't exist causing game crashes, so to fix that, the order that objects were drawn on screen was changed somewhat to accomdate the new optimisations and to stop the game crashes.

The side effect now is that the mirror is not drawn at the same time as in the past (in Z patch). Now (Z3-Z13) when you press shift-U, the screen objects are drawn in a different order, so the mirror display is not updated like it used to be. Hence, the black mirrors in shift-U.

The mirrors were bugged before anyway when you pressed shift-U. All cars had the same image on their mirrors. That needed to go so meh.

You can't fix this, it's a side effect of the new graphic optimisations.

Edit: well might not be 100% right, but the objects in memory are now drawn and erased in a different sequence in newer patches since Z.
If u are not 100% right at least u make sense! Altho i heard some people using Z10 don't have this problem...
It was a while ago, but I thinks that's when the crashing bug was fixed after patch Z10 I think.
yeesh i dont know maybe i updated or something. i didnt know it was that deep. so basically i should run patch z again?
If you do you will only get mirrors in Shift-U mode operational again.

FWIW, There was never working rear-view mirrors in Chase view or TV view.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG