The online racing simulator
Blackwood, <1.15
(34 posts, started )
#26 - tilt
Can you run a 1.13 and not be an Alien?

Honest question
Quote from tilt :Can you run a 1.13 and not be an Alien?

Honest question

If you're a demo'er who spend all his/her time running laps at BL1 in the FBM and you manage to do a 1:13 once but you can't drive any other tracks/cars quickly then you're not an alien.
#28 - tilt
That doesnt make sense if your an alien your more likely to have no clue how to drive any car on any track without heaps of laps, aliens drive to the game limitations others have little or alot of driver skill and car knowlege and work on it
Quote from tilt :That doesnt make sense if your an alien your more likely to have no clue how to drive any car on any track without heaps of laps, aliens drive to the game limitations others have little or alot of driver skill and car knowlege and work on it

The difference between an alien and a very quick driver is natural talent. When an alien turns up at a new combo they can very quickly get to the limit of their talent and that limit is very quick (at or near WR pace). A very quick driver will be able to approach the same limit but it will take them a lot longer to get there.
Hello, I have the same problem here.

My fastest PB is 1:16 something, and that was with that smooth race setup someone uploaded here. Then I tried out a setup that one guy sent me which I never used because it's kinda oversteery, and my best with that is 1:15.something. For a set that does 1:13's, that is a really bad time.

Obviously what's holding me back is my limited knowledge of setup tweaking (BTW what does parallel steer do?) and T1. I always feel that I'm too slow on the hairpin because if I put more throttle than I would normally do I end up backwards. And after turn 1 I'd spin if I changed directions too quickly (Would more toe-out at the front wheels lessen this?), so again I would be hesitant to apply more throttle, and so not carry enough speed down the straight. My first sector would always be at 25 seconds and I can see people do 23's. And the last thing holding me back is I'm using mouse.

Would like some help here. Should I post my PB?
Quote from only.one.RydeR :....And the last thing holding me back is I'm using mouse...

Don't worry here, there are mouse pilots who are WR holders...
Quote from only.one.RydeR :Obviously what's holding me back is my limited knowledge of setup tweaking ................................. And the last thing holding me back is I'm using mouse.

This comment is not meant to be deflating but ....... lack of experience (practice) is holding you back - not setup or mouse. It takes time (to get the feel of how the car responds, to know how it will handle the curbs, to know when you can get back on the throttle, etc). Once you have that knowledge/feel, you'll be doing 1:14s or better with any decent set.

As for the mouse, quite a few drivers are doing 1:12s with a mouse, some just a few tenths off the wr.

So patience grasshopper, stick to it. Do try different sets, but remember to look to improve your driving skills and in a while you'll be wondering why it was so hard early on.

Post your replay and I'm sure you'll get some helpful criticism.
#33 - Zay
hey flexican i just got another pb of 1:14:71 and i did full throttle in shicane after t1.try that it should be about a tenth faster
Hey if you post a new replay of what you're able to do, I'd be glad to help.. I'm running consistent 1:13.70's right now, and it's still going in the right direction, so I guess I could help you reduce your lap times.

Still though, the most important thing is one you can do yourself: practice.

Blackwood, <1.15
(34 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG