The online racing simulator
"FM suck, Oval is not real racing!!"

Oh.... wait a minute
FOX RULES!!! great voice chat, everyones always cheerful!
Does FM have a website or anything like that... I was just banned from the server for no apparent reason.. I was in 5th place out of 30 or so cars got hit from behind on t1 on so chicane and i get banned????

Ive been playing this game for years, post good lap times, race clean, and ive never once been banned. I like the server a lot so a link to a website so i can request to be un-banned i would appreciate it.
I've been there today and it is great, yeah on 30 racers there are around 15 who doesn't make it through the first corner but you can easily avoid them and continue its pretty decent
Quote from Gentlefoot :as SR were born out of the GFC.

The first two [SR] members joined (SR and LFS) in Jan 2003, the third member (myself) in August 2003.
October 2002 Tongey
Quote from Mazink :I've been there today and it is great, yeah on 30 racers there are around 15 who doesn't make it through the first corner but you can easily avoid them and continue its pretty decent

Yes, that always happens.
- P1-5 enter T1 well.
- P6 slides a bit.
- P7-10 have to avoid contact with P6.
- P11-14 see it too late and turn P7-10 around.
- P15-27 pile up behind them with many crashes (one always goes full throttle...).
- P28-32 try to drive around the mess (and crash).
Ok, this one is for you Deko[sco], so you can clearly shut up next time. You were all over spamming me I was am idiot on track and causing problems, now you listen closely as I have time telling what happens.

1 - at exit of chicane on AS3 I lose controll and hit pitwall
2 - pitwall bounches me back on track. I hold my brakes down and tries to spectate, but due to lag it won't spectate me
3 - A bounch of cars comes at full speed, without slowing down, one of them hit me and you Deko escapes on the grass
4 - Then you start moaning back and forth that I ruined your race.

Now, how can I do anything about server lagging, or physics? It's easy to understand that hitting the wall at 200 ain't going to just nice and clean stop you there, but with LFS physics it will bounch you back on track.

5 - You accuse me of standing on track. Well done mate, guess you need to see the replay and see that I stand still there for a very short time after bounching back on track. I swear I did hit the pit button 6 times, but it's laggy, and I canot do anything about it. It would just be worse if I moved, because then I would cause even more cars to pileup, and that ain't good.

6 - You and me keep arguing back and forth, and you blame me for the lag, that was caused by either connecter or other thing with the server, because my latency bars was not bad at that time and I had around 66ms latency on the server at that time.

7 - After you have continued the blaming that it was my fault that the people hit me, when I was standing on track, (witch I don't get, why not slow down and pass me slow, is that too much asking for?) I get tired of the moaning and desided to vote a kick on you, because your obviously just out to troll. Sadly the a-w-e-s-o-m-e rules of the server tells that "you canot vote kick ...something.. on higher ranked people", and I get booted of server.

Now, I don't see the use of ranks, you can just drive some races and it will be good either way. In all the 4 races I had there I was top 3 before the accident.

There is no doubt that I screwed up in first place, but I do not feel guilty for the ones that bu-hu has to drive on grass to avoid me, or the ones that canot manage to slow down and just go full trottle. It's as much your fault as it is mine.

So thank you, Deko[sco] your an ignorant fool, if you tried to be funny I hope you enjoyed your stay, and the rule that kicks people that tries to vote higher ranking member, that is bullshit. And I canot belive anyone would make a system that let the people with highest epenis meter win no matter what. If there had been a high rank member on a server, and like 20 "random n00bs", he could basically do what he want, because nobody of the others could do anything to him. What a lame system, and Deko, what a lame person you are.

Yeah, for me to write a whining topic about one person, you can tell that I am basically pissed of and want to stab someone. Instead of murdering I'll post this whine post to complain about this idiot ranking system, and Deko[sco] , no words can express just how ignorant you are.

Over and out, I go for a chill pill.
Ive started back with FOX's over the past few days, gotta remember to stop being so aggresive on the throttle after not using these things for ages. I've noticed aswell there is a lot of ignorance on this server, sometimes the races are awesome but sometimes you go for an inside line and the person in front of you will still turn in as if you werent there, then if you end up spinning him he'll blame it on you.
#37 - DeKo
I swear I'll....
#39 - DeKo
Best server in LFS and I was banned by a "priority vote" or something like that...
Sucks
#41 - DeKo
Quote from goldec :Best server in LFS and I was banned by a "priority vote" or something like that...
Sucks

means the admin has voted against you.
Quote from The Very End :"you canot vote kick ...something.. on higher ranked people"

This would be the silliest insim rule ever.

Something high ranked drivers can easily take advantage of. And by sounds of it...it happens.
Great racing if you manage to hit the time with least amount of crashers on.. It's hard
Starting mid-grid is almost a guaranteed early-ending race for you with 30+ racers online. FOX might be too powerful for a public server

But great job with the server, although I feel something should be done about all those crashers! The admin can't be online all the time
i now hate FM fox junkies, i was on oval last night at about 1am eastern time.....

i had to work at 8am in the morning.

so ok one last race then bedtime.

4am i go to sleep after at least 50 oval laps.... SO DAMN ADDICTIVE i was so tired today i blame FM.
Even with under 15 people online, it seems people just can't stop crashing.. Good god
It's a good idea, but some people just ruin it, sorry
Quote from Joris :This would be the silliest insim rule ever.

Something high ranked drivers can easily take advantage of. And by sounds of it...it happens.

The idea behind it is that if you are a regular driver over a long period of time you must be fairly good/careful/considerate. It is designed so that when somebody brand-new comes in and screws it up and blames somebody who has proved themselves to have more experience and consideration, the noob can't start voting left right and centre.

Especially when the server is extremely busy, it helps keep the good people connected, and also helps to mitigate the situation where you get sheep who just press 1 without even knowing why.

It doesn't work the other way, higher ranked drivers can't take advantage of it. If you get the message that you were "kicked by priority vote", it means it was done by somebody with either full admin or limited admin status.
It CAN be abused. How you justify that without an admin you canot kick one person that is high ranked? Now tell me, what does 19 random n00bs do vs one "high ranked" idiot that desides to wreck them all and cause shit? They canot do one thing, because they will just be kicked if they try to kick him.

I still think it's a very bad system.
Quote from The Very End :It CAN be abused. How you justify that without an admin you canot kick one person that is high ranked? Now tell me, what does 19 random n00bs do vs one "high ranked" idiot that desides to wreck them all and cause shit? They canot do one thing, because they will just be kicked if they try to kick him.

I still think it's a very bad system.

Well, is it being abused right now? If yes, give proof.
If not, the system is apparently working.
How realistic is the situation, where 19 "random noobs" drive more clean than the high ranked racer And usually, more than 1 high ranked person will be online!
That system works, but it doesn't remove all the crashers.. You would have to remove half the drivers in most large grids for that to happen!
Belive what you want, making one member superior because he has races more races than a other member is so wrong that I not even have words for it. Driven many races tells nothing about a person.

But sure, I bet all you "farmers" with high ranking belive you are god of the track. Yesterday I can say for sure that the member with gold rating and god knows what, were some nasty ignorant fools beliving they had the right to own the road, because they were higher ranked.

If you fail to see the flaws of a system like this you are either 1 - ignorant, 2 - naive, 3 - both, 4 - belive in huge epenis, 5 - a combinne of all.

Bring back CTRA I'd say.
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG