The online racing simulator
Slow Firefox
(11 posts, started )
Slow Firefox
Hey fellas.

I was IE user before, installed firefox somekinda 1 month ago. Everything is fine except ... in youtube - everything is so slow. When i open up IE and watch videos, then it takes ages to load video. Its like, 5 seconds of video in 20 seconds. Its very annoyng. In IE, everything works perfectly ... and no, i dont have any mysterious settings in firefox or addons. No addons at all, and my PC is healthy.

Anyone else having this kind of problem or something?

Edit: Sorry, i meant firefox there.
is it fully up-to-date and not playing in HD ?
Quote from theirishnoob :is it fully up-to-date and not playing in HD ?

is there any fix to the hd problem? i find it annoiying. altrought if you watch videos that arent streamed in youtube you can use hd
HD movies on youtube lag no matter what Tried IE and FF, it loads ok but when going full screen it's like playing LFS on 10FPS...not fun.. Anyone have a sollution for that?

And sorry for going off topic.
Quote from The Very End :HD movies on youtube lag no matter what Tried IE and FF, it loads ok but when going full screen it's like playing LFS on 10FPS...not fun.. Anyone have a sollution for that?

And sorry for going off topic.

i think its not off-topic, it is related to slow firefox
But the slow effect also apply in IE, but mostly in FF. Seems youtube caps the download speed at HD movies to 500kb/s, while my internet line is capable of 3.5MB (28mbit) speeds.
Quote from theirishnoob :is it fully up-to-date and not playing in HD ?

Im not even tryng to watch in HD quality

It is up-to-date.
I have the exact same problem. Although, I had a go with IE as well and it didn't make a difference. On average, the streaming was at 200kbits/s while all other sites are at my network's maximum. Very strange.
#9 - Bean0
Quote from Mp3 Astra :I have the exact same problem. Although, I had a go with IE as well and it didn't make a difference. On average, the streaming was at 200kbits/s while all other sites are at my network's maximum. Very strange.

Traffic shaping by ISP ?
Sounds suspiciously like it if you always hit the same limit.

I would suggest anyone having issues updates their browser, any addons, and also Flash. Might even be worth starting a new Firefox profile to test in.
Quote from Bean0 :Traffic shaping by ISP ?
Sounds suspiciously like it if you always hit the same limit.

I would suggest anyone having issues updates their browser, any addons, and also Flash. Might even be worth starting a new Firefox profile to test in.

I contacted my ISP about the problem but they sent me a response that was unrelated to my problem. I checked around and I can't see anyone else suffering from the same problem; but I am suspicious.
Ah..darn me.. Not sure if I have Flash10, it could be the scource of problem. Does youtube work better with Flash10?

Slow Firefox
(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG