The online racing simulator
My PC is "Screwed"
(69 posts, started )
My PC is "Screwed"
I was using my pc as normal doing things people like me do when i walked away. 2 hours later i saw my screen black w/o anything responding, no screen at all. now, it wont get passed the login screen in normal startup mode. what should i do?!?! im running safe mode now...
Quote from chavm481 :I was using my pc as normal doing things people like me do when i walked away. 2 hours later i saw my screen black w/o anything responding, no screen at all. now, it wont get passed the login screen in normal startup mode. what should i do?!?! im running safe mode now...

either your harddrive died, or something else..
do you know how to revert to a couple days ago?
Did you install anything new to it, or did anything to it before it happend?
It could be various things here.. Sure nobody was on the computer while you were gone? Maybe it was a virus or something, strange but - tried to scan the computer in safe mode and see if it finds anything?
i installed a rfactor add-on before it died.. F... you Rtractor!!! ill try restoring. brb.
I am not going to be pirate police here, but was it a cracker version of it? If that's the case there might be a chance it did have a virus or something in it, therfor downloading/installing it might have infected your computer with virus and such. If that's the case it would be best trying to scan and remove the virus, but if it fails - reinstall windows.
that happened to my old computer, and the hard drive and graphics card had had some sort of catastrophic meltdown....so your computer really is screwed
Quote from mookie427 :that happened to my old computer, and the hard drive and graphics card had had some sort of catastrophic meltdown....so your computer really is screwed

It may be virus with same probability.
it's possible, but what chav is describing is exactly what happened to mine and we had to get a new computer (to be fair the old one was worn out but nowhere near dead)
i bought rfactor a while back ago, it was probably a mod... system restore did not do anything...
i ram diaagnostics with 52 pases and nothing came up... should i upload a video of what happens? btw, i got one blue screen...
Attached images
P1080132.JPG
#11 - wild
Your computer isn't screwed. If your managing to access it in safe mode how can your hard drive or graphics be screwed ... tell me?

You computer hasn't had a "catastrophic meltdown" it simply has a software error. The best thing that I can recommended is putting in our Operating system CD and try to use the repair function. If that doesn't work the best thing you could probably do is just reinstall it, after you save all the files you need of the computer

Good luck mate!

Quote from mookie427 :that happened to my old computer, and the hard drive and graphics card had had some sort of catastrophic meltdown....so your computer really is screwed

Were you able to access safe mode when that problem arose?
ok, so im not SCREWED (ZOMFG) BUT... I bought my PC From BestBuy and it came w/o any discs.... kept EVERYTHING it came with... :/ what should i do now? just so you guys know im not good with pc's before the desktop part...
#13 - wild
What kind of PC is it? Maybe you have a repair function built in. I know some packard bells do
Quote from wild :What kind of PC is it? Maybe you have a repair function built in. I know some packard bells do

i thought they we're designed to fail like mine seemingly is.

it refuses any form of upgrade/improvement.
Quote from theirishnoob :i thought they we're designed to fail like mine seemingly is.

it refuses any form of upgrade/improvement.

No, you're just dumb and tried to put RAM in the PCI slot.
omg... lol! back on topic....how would i do a repair? btw, i cant download service pack 2 microsoft download link doesnt work for me ...
i might do a compleate computer "reset" just need a ex-HD
Quote from dawesdust_12 :No, you're just dumb and tried to put RAM in the PCI slot.

no, you overloaded my firewire port with your usb.
Quote from wild :
Were you able to access safe mode when that problem arose?

nope, nothing. The computer showed the loading screen and then just a black screen, couldn't access safe mode or anything. We tried turning it off and restarting it but the computer had died. Chav's problem sounds less serious but it is worrying when something like that happened
Try installing Windows Seven RC
#21 - wild
Just have a google search around the lines of 'Windows Xp home iso' I'm sure you'll find something. I'm sorry if I'm not allowed to post that.
As long as Sam or Bob don't look here we'll be safe :shhh:
Yeah, google found like..hundred million sites when searching on that, so should be no problem finding it.
If you are too lazy to search go into this page : www.mininova.org
#23 - wild
Quote from The Very End :As long as Sam or Bob don't look here we'll be safe :shhh:

*whistles* nothing going on here (:
You know someone are going to press that report button right?
Oh bring it on bigboy, give me your best, I can handle it :gnasher: -< warface.
Your Windows "installation CD" will be on a seperately partitioned drive D. You should get a screen when booting before Windows starts whether you want windows to start normally or a restore option.

I think that is the actual full restore and not the restore to a point from within windows. Not sure though because I've never restored Windows in the 4 years I've had my Compaq.

My PC is "Screwed"
(69 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG