The online racing simulator
#1 - KuHS
[Request] Colored Button
Hi, is there possible to do Colored button with CreateButton, i really need it, thanks, IF YOU DON'T KNOW JUST DON'T WRITE!
No, it's not possible.
It is possible, but I can't remember how you do it. Sorry!
Quote from shaun463 :It is possible, but I can't remember how you do it. Sorry!

Nice answer (the first part though ) anyone that can fill in the blancs?
Would be nice to be able to use colored buttons.
#5 - Silox
You just can't use them...
im sure u can just use a
  • and make it bigger and change the colour of it for a circle button and just try to find a rectangle in the other languages and make it bigger and change the colour of it that might work
Quote from Robbo01 :im sure u can just use a
  • and make it bigger and change the colour of it for a circle button and just try to find a rectangle in the other languages and make it bigger and change the colour of it that might work

Reading the first relpies I thought that noone would suggest it right... But there you did.. Just to add more to your post: Traditional Chinese - A1 - there is a box that you can use. But I suggest that you use dark and light styles and just colored text as the bigger the box gets the worse the quality is. In the same time no matter how big button you make using dark or light style it still has the same good quality. But your insim, your decision
Oh and forgot to say: When you make a colored box you get a smaller object so when(if) you place text on it you have to move it inside or just make the box bigger, but I think that someone in the upper posts mentioned that already.
How do you change font then ?. It would be useful to have the ability to change it .
Quote from shaun463 :How do you change font then ?. It would be useful to have the ability to change it .

Click on Latin and you will see the list of all languages.
When you select the language click the arrow that points down to see it's symbols and subcategories(if it has such). Oh and if you don't see the language button try clicking ctrl.
I knew that, but how does it work when coding in C#?
Quote from shaun463 :I knew that, but how does it work when coding in C#?

just create a button with the symbol in it and enlarge it
There is a way - inelegant to be sure - if you use LFSLapper.

First is for a blue button/blue flag - private button (for one driver to see, assuming circumstances coded properly - say for instance you wanted it to pop up when a slower racer about to be lapped)

openPrivButton( "temp_blue",85,30,20,50,1,-1,0,"^4|" );
openPrivButton( "temp_blue_1",87,30,20,50,1,-1,0,"^4|" );
openPrivButton( "temp_blue_2",89,30,20,50,1,-1,0,"^4|" );
openPrivButton( "temp_blue_3",91,30,20,50,1,-1,0,"^4|" );
openPrivButton( "temp_blue_4",93,30,20,50,1,-1,0,"^4|" );
openPrivButton( "temp_blue_5",95,30,20,50,1,-1,0,"^4|" );
openPrivButton( "temp_blue_6",97,30,20,50,1,-1,0,"^4|" );
openPrivButton( "temp_blue_7",99,30,20,50,1,-1,0,"^4|" );

Next is for a yellow button/yellow flag - global button (for all to see - say when there's an accident)

openGlobalButton( "temp_yellow",85,90,20,50,1,-1,0,"^3|" );
openGlobalButton( "temp_yellow_1",87,90,20,50,1,-1,0,"^3|" );
openGlobalButton( "temp_yellow_2",89,90,20,50,1,-1,0,"^3|" );
openGlobalButton( "temp_yellow_3",91,90,20,50,1,-1,0,"^3|" );
openGlobalButton( "temp_yellow_4",93,90,20,50,1,-1,0,"^3|" );
openGlobalButton( "temp_yellow_5",95,90,20,50,1,-1,0,"^3|" );
openGlobalButton( "temp_yellow_6",97,90,20,50,1,-1,0,"^3|" );
openGlobalButton( "temp_yellow_7",99,90,20,50,1,-1,0,"^3|" );

I've got a 1440 x 900 display, and these buttons/flags are approx. 30 x 30 mm.

I don't know if they will appear that size or keep the same shape on a different display.

I've assumed the request for a coloured button is actually a request for a coloured flag - but even if I'm wrong, they can still be used, and colours changed.

If they are suitable, I'd like to see the coding for their use!

Send to sinanju@hotmail.co.uk if you get your coding working.

Good luck!
Attached images
Blue and Yellow Flags.png
Quote from shaun463 :I knew that, but how does it work when coding in C#?

Make a text box to use as an output, then write the symbols while in the game and copy them from the text box in the code. Might experience problems if you send your program(insim) to somebody else since the language on their PC or the encoding of the letters(or w/e the cause is) might be different than urs and => either boxes or totally different symbols will appear.

Oh and don't forget to copy the language code - it's like color code but with letters. Color code is like ^1 ; ^2 ; etc.. and language code is like ^L for latin i think, ^C for cyrilic and so on. Good luck.
Without the language code you will get boxes or different symbols again.
#14 - KuHS
sinanju, thank you very much
Quote from broken :Make a text box to use as an output, then write the symbols while in the game and copy them from the text box in the code. Might experience problems if you send your program(insim) to somebody else since the language on their PC or the encoding of the letters(or w/e the cause is) might be different than urs and => either boxes or totally different symbols will appear.

Oh and don't forget to copy the language code - it's like color code but with letters. Color code is like ^1 ; ^2 ; etc.. and language code is like ^L for latin i think, ^C for cyrilic and so on. Good luck.
Without the language code you will get boxes or different symbols again.

I think what you're looking for is ^H^4¢i, which is a blue square.

I got this from changing one of my AI's name.

Once on track, SHIFT O, pick on Driver tab, add new driver, click CTRL key to pick your particular colour, then click on Latin 1 and change to Traditional Chinese, click small down pointing arrow, and this will show you a lot of characters. Then choose A2 (row 9, column 3). This will open up more characters. Choose the large upright rectangle in column 10, row 17.

NOTE: You CANNOT use the "¢" character in a Lapper script!

Your lapper will not show on your server, and you have to stop Lapper, remove the character and restart to get Lapper working again.
Quote from sinanju :There is a way - inelegant to be sure - if you use LFSLapper.

If you want to see this in action, go to my server [Sin'rs] as i've set up a Yellow flag to appear if you spin (coding put under "Options on spinning detection" section).

You should note that I've shifted the 'flag' further right, compared to my original coding, so it doesn't pop up in your line of sight while driving.
Attached images
Yellow Flag Condition.PNG

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG