The online racing simulator
diy stick shift/clutch
(4 posts, started )
#1 - oli17
diy stick shift/clutch
hi, after june 17th (ish), i'll be able to use my logitech DFP wheel with lfs, the only problem of which is that it doesn't have a H-pattern gearbox (stick shift) or a clutch. basically, i was wondering:

a) if it's possible to make them to use with DFP
b) if it was possible for ME to make them (15 year old with very limited funds/resources/expertise
c) and therefore how much it would cost to make?

i've seen pics of other people's what look to be homemade shifts/clutches (possibly available to buy separately for not too much?), and looks like quite a cheap alternative to buying a G25 (which is out of the question).

any help very much appreciated,

Oli
Quote from oli17 :hi, after june 17th (ish), i'll be able to use my logitech DFP wheel with lfs, the only problem of which is that it doesn't have a H-pattern gearbox (stick shift) or a clutch. basically, i was wondering:

a) if it's possible to make them to use with DFP
b) if it was possible for ME to make them (15 year old with very limited funds/resources/expertise
c) and therefore how much it would cost to make?

i've seen pics of other people's what look to be homemade shifts/clutches (possibly available to buy separately for not too much?), and looks like quite a cheap alternative to buying a G25 (which is out of the question).

any help very much appreciated,

Oli

The cheapest and the least technically hard way would be buying a ForceFeedback Joystick to be used as H-shifter with the FFShifter software, and buying a cheap old wheel (may be even broken, only the pedals must be working) and use its pedal for the clutch.
#3 - oli17
thanks. can u give an examle of a wheel/pedals to get? and wouldn't using a joystick mean it won't stay in gear, as it just goes back to the central position?
It will stay in gear if it is a force feedback -joystick. Google FFshifter. As for the clutch, any wheel with pedals will work. Just make sure you have a gameport if you get a older wheel with that kind of connector.

diy stick shift/clutch
(4 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG