The online racing simulator
Dirt 2
(42 posts, started )
Anybody with half a brain knows that DIRT isn't, or even meant to be, anywhere approaching a sim.

Heaven forbid a game with cars in it should be fun, and not totally realistic

But then again, the sim nazi's wouldn't have anything to lambast then would they.
Quote from Klutch :More like people with jobs and not 13 year olds sitting at home whinging to mummy and daddy to buy them a better computer.

Also very true , so thats me out both ways

i have no job atm and my parents wont buy me one cos im still paying my own way
Quote from danowat :Anybody with half a brain knows that DIRT isn't, or even meant to be, anywhere approaching a sim.

Heaven forbid a game with cars in it should be fun, and not totally realistic

But then again, the sim nazi's wouldn't have anything to lambast then would they.

That's true I hope they somewhat can make the driving "feel" similar to Flatout games. They were arcade but at same time a LOT of fun to drive in, and proves your point that it doesn't need to be realistic, just fun to race.

Quote from jwardy :Also very true , so thats me out both ways

i have no job atm and my parents wont buy me one cos im still paying my own way

Please don't reveal real life information, or feed trolls on the forum, you will only get flamed Just a friendly advice because you don't deserve to be flames.
I'll wait for a demo before I judge it (since I can't watch videos here at work), but I hated the first. I can't understand how anyone could get used to the crazy handling, especially on tarmac - understeer until the apex then snap oversteer on exit. It's like they wanted to make it realistic and then realised morons would want to play it too.

The handling on dirt wasn't so bad, but still didn't feel right. I'd rather they took the franchise back to where it belongs. CMR 2.0 is still the pinnacle of the series and I should pick up a copy.
Quote from Dajmin :I'll wait for a demo before I judge it (since I can't watch videos here at work), but I hated the first. I can't understand how anyone could get used to the crazy handling, especially on tarmac - understeer until the apex then snap oversteer on exit. It's like they wanted to make it realistic and then realised morons would want to play it too.

The handling on dirt wasn't so bad, but still didn't feel right. I'd rather they took the franchise back to where it belongs. CMR 2.0 is still the pinnacle of the series and I should pick up a copy.

ok i cant really say much i played the demo once
but too me it felt like there was no car slide at all , like driving a shoe over tarmac ... no matter what the surface

Edit : thnks tve for the advice
I don't always demand sim handling. I really like Burnout Paradise and the Project Gotham series. I've had demos of Flatout and had a lot of fun. But the physics have to be consistant and feel like what you're doing has some bearing on what the car is doing.

I love the Codies damage model in these games, but everything else seems to be lacking. Obviously the general population doesn't mind that much though, because they keep selling in spades.
true , i also agree burnout is probably one of my favorite games , so is Nfs underground :hide::riceboy: buuuuut i will admit codies damage is great
Quote from jwardy :true , i also agree burnout is probably one of my favorite games , so is Nfs underground :hide::riceboy: buuuuut i will admit codies damage is great

I don't blame you for liking Underground , but Codemasters could work on their physics more way before they release the game.
#34 - JJ72
I hate DIRT's physics. The cars are so fast you blast though a what would be an awesomely made 8 minute stage in 3 minutes. I almost felt ripped off whenever I plays it.
Quote from JJ72 :I hate DIRT's physics. The cars are so fast you blast though a what would be an awesomely made 8 minute stage in 3 minutes. I almost felt ripped off whenever I plays it.

I hate it when that happens. You buy something from the makers of that game and they make the trailers so good, and then when you play the game, your like "What? " It happened to me when I got ProStreet.
^ Cool stuff. I was searching more for this game, and I found this:
http://uk.ps3.ign.com/dor/obje ... dirt2_trl_tour_52709.html

I'm like wow! If that is gameplay footage (knowing codemaster's graphics enignes, it's likely.) and the soundtrack songs are like that, Then this could knock SHIFT off the top of my wishlist!
I have no hope for the physics in this game, and I doubt I'd stay interested in it for more than a couple days, but it sure does look pretty. I haven't played a Codemasters rally game in a while, I might give this one a try.
Wow looks really nice but the physics!

Looks like the cars are glued to the ground...
Quote from G!NhO :Looks like the cars are glued to the ground...

At least they aren't hovercrafts with wheels like in DiRT 1.
Well by the looks of that subaru in the beginning....................it does *sigh*
Quote from G!NhO :Well by the looks of that subaru in the beginning....................it does *sigh*

Oh man, that is true.

At least those guys at codies are still good for creating 3D art.... well, that is the only thing they are known for.
-
Dirt Roddmodd!!!! (Blackknight555) DELETED by Blackknight555

Dirt 2
(42 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG