The online racing simulator
Dirt 2
(42 posts, started )
Dirt 2
All show, no go.
looking good so far, it cant be any worse than the first and it cant really be any worse than Sony's Motorstorm Pacific Rift which was rubbish.
For an arcade racer I... well... love it from what I can see in trailer

Loved that deflating tire in video, pssssssssss....
Wow, and a thought NFS Shift looked good graphics-wise. And is that a rally-spec yellow 350z at 1:01?

And I'm glad to see you can tune your car according to the type of race! Hillclimb, group N and RX. And I wonder if the tyre simulation is LFS rivalling...
Quote from Furiously-Fast :Wow, and a thought NFS Shift looked good graphics-wise. And is that a rally-spec yellow 350z at 1:01?

And I'm glad to see you can tune your car according to the type of race! Hillclimb, group N and RX. And I wonder if the tyre simulation is LFS rivalling...

Don't even dream of something like that

I'm not saying LFS tire model is too good, but this is arcade race franchise
-
(Wenom) DELETED by Wenom
Dirt 2's Tyre simulation beating LFS's? Highly doubtful.
Dirt 2's Tyre modelling beating LFS's? Looks very likely.

Edit: To me, this just looks like typical Codecrappers. Fantastic graphics (and sometimes gameplay), but really crappy physics. Im not saying i did'nt enjoy Dirt 1, i just could'nt stand the physics any longer and eventually sold it.
#8 - w126
Quote from Furiously-Fast :And I wonder if the tyre simulation is LFS rivalling...

What do you need tyres for in a hovercraft?
Well a smartass could come on here and say that the underneath of a hovercraft is pretty much...a big tyre....
Didn't actually look to bad if I'm honest ! We all know its going to be a slightly arcadish racer, don't go spouting sh*t about OMG ITS NOT RBR WTF !?!?!?

Water looks pretty good, especially the mud/water on the windscreem, should prove interesting !

Only downside is deffered lighting, looks good, but means a lack of AA ! :eek:
#11 - senn
i enjoyed DiRT, even tho it was an "arcade" game the physics were pretty good. Looking forward to the 2nd one.
Looks amazing, like the way they say they have fixed the floaty feeling and given the cars a more weighty feel.

Tyre model looks interesting, seems like they have proper inflated tyres this time round.

But again, by god does it look amazing.
Baja?
Looks interesting, will give it a try before I comment positive or negative about it.
Will be crap like DiRT 1 was

Although watching the "in the studio" video, some of the effects look pretty nice but I'll wait on the physics until I've played it..

Doesn't have to be a "sim", just has to be not like DiRT 1. :o
so only people with nasa computers are gunna be able to run it
It does look rather interesting, but I am not real sure about trying it.
So far it looks like a must have game for my xbox.
crap.. just like the first one
Quote from The Very End :Looks interesting, will give it a try before I comment positive or negative about it.

aye same. looked alright from that thought, might be a "fun sitting home grabbing a beer" game :P
There telling me it time to get myself a new Graphics card
Quote from jwardy :so only people with nasa computers are gunna be able to run it

More like people with jobs and not 13 year olds sitting at home whinging to mummy and daddy to buy them a better computer.
Nice to see the same old people making the same old ASSUMPTIONS
Hehe, I actually agree Dano, I know I have not been any better myself, but actually this game can be entertaining. Dirt1 was not simulator, but it wasn't that bad either.

I think the reason why people judge is because they claim to be a sim, when they are not. If they just coul say the plan was to make an entertaining and fun game, I think people would accept more.

I mean, there are GREAT arcade racing games out there, but I think people is let down when a game claim itself to be a sim, then the handling and physics is at same line as the other game that tells it's arcade.

Either way, before I judge it I will try a demo or something. It looks damn nice, hope it drives good too. By all reasons, CM games earlier had a ok driving physics that was fun, but dirt was a little letdown tho. But I had some good fun in it too, when playing over at my mates house in some intence battles with him (a destroyed controller and red nose after I showed him the propper way to push someone off the mountain).
the comment about the hovercraft is spot on

in that vid it didnt even look like the car was connected to the road

Dirt 2
(42 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG