The online racing simulator
Paddock?
(25 posts, started )
Paddock?
I don't think this has been suggested so here i go...

I think a paddock would greatly improve upon the realism of the entire game. I see lots of games where you start from the pits... It's okay, but I would like the privilege of being able to bring that car out for the first time on a "track day", you know? lol

Benedict Park
like a lot leading to the rack w/ a small road?
/facepalm ........
i dont know what it is!!!!!!! aHHHHH!!!
Quote from teedot :/facepalm ........

Stfu.

I personally don't think this would be a good idea as it would just take time away from things that actually "matter"
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Stfu.

Grow up you muppet. Better yet, welcome to my ignore list. Should have put you on it ages ago.
#7 - popsy
Quote from teedot :Grow up you muppet. Better yet, welcome to my ignore list. Should have put you on it ages ago.

him grow up. u openly facepalmed a serious suggestion.
you grom up and gtfo of any thread ur just goi to spam.. you muppet...

/facepalm on you sir.
Quote from teedot :Grow up you muppet. Better yet, welcome to my ignore list. Should have put you on it ages ago.

:rolleyes:

you spammed first, and you're flipping out on s14? really.

i'm taking _you_ off my friends list. :rolleyes:
LOL @ this thread from post #3 onwards.

Internet, serious business. Thanks guys I'm having a tough day and this brought a smile

Suggestion is nice btw.
People I thought people blocking each other and untagging themselves on photos on facebook was immature and pointless, threatening to remove someone from your friends list? Some threat there...
So what exactly would one do in this paddock? We're not "in" the cars yet, right? So we'd need avatars to walk around? Would they be controlled via the steering wheel as well or would we need to pick up a keyboard and mouse too?

I think this is a pointless and totally not-racing-sim-related in the slightest. Sounds more like Second Life or The Sims if you ask me.

As for the other posts, I'm so glad you're contributing to the valuable asset that is the internet. Truly, the world wouldn't be the same without you guys making the rest of us look good.

Yay for me. As popsy and blunder have said, you were the one that flipped out. I've welcomed people to ignore me if they want so I can say welcome to the club. Angry little boy.
Quote from ajp71 :People I thought people blocking each other and untagging themselves on photos on facebook was immature and pointless, threatening to remove someone from your friends list? Some threat there...

you're right, but i was in a finnicky mood this morning.

at any rate, any idea is an idea, regardless if people disagree with it... "facepalm" just looks spammy.

back to the paddocks... i think it would be kinda cool for the drag strips... you drive your car out of the truck, you drive up to the line and rip it.
#14 - wild
Is your suggestion; starting with your car in the pit garage then taking it out on a formation lap then a warm-up lap?
I agree that on the drag strip you should need to pull up to the line. Gives you a little bit to warm the tyres up and the like.

But leaving the pits is already on there, so formation or warm-up laps could already be done. It would be nice to have it built in though, with checks that you were back on your own start line and fully stopped.
Quote from ajp71 :People I thought people blocking each other and untagging themselves on photos on facebook was immature and pointless, threatening to remove someone from your friends list? Some threat there...

His E-penis would shrink because he has less friends.
Quote from Dajmin :So what exactly would one do in this paddock? We're not "in" the cars yet, right? So we'd need avatars to walk around? Would they be controlled via the steering wheel as well or would we need to pick up a keyboard and mouse too?

I think this is a pointless and totally not-racing-sim-related in the slightest. Sounds more like Second Life or The Sims if you ask me.

As for the other posts, I'm so glad you're contributing to the valuable asset that is the internet. Truly, the world wouldn't be the same without you guys making the rest of us look good.

Nononono. I REALLY think avatars would be a bad idea :P. I was thinking maybe somewhere we can come out of trailers or something, before hitting the track. I don't know why, but I love that feeling (even in a video game) and i think it would be one of those small improvements that you can't go wrong with .
Quote from d3boy2002 :I don't think this has been suggested so here i go...

I think a paddock would greatly improve upon the realism of the entire game. I see lots of games where you start from the pits... It's okay, but I would like the privilege of being able to bring that car out for the first time on a "track day", you know? lol

Benedict Park

u mean like in project gotham 4 ? that you walk around your house and you choose the car that you wanna use ?

imho, that would be effin sweet !
You mean like in TDU where you have to go through endless screens and rooms to get the car you want?

Don't they push cars off the truck/trailer into the pits? Engines off and etc. Not very fun imo.
You know I like this idea. I think that we should have the paddock, as well as trucks that our cars came to the track in. To add to the realism we should be able to drive these trucks between the tracks and airports (to get from England to Jamaica or Japan obviously). We might even want to include the planes as well, that would be pretty cool to have some flight in this sim.

With all this we would obviously need to be able to walk around to get from race car to truck to plane and back again. The world is pretty harsh so maybe we should be able to defend ourselves from terrorists and thugs? I think a nice assortment of melee weapons and guns would be a good touch. Also in the outside world away from the track we might have friends (or hey, even other people playing LFS) so we would need some kind of phone to talk with these people or send them (text) messages.

Since we're already talking about phones and walking around and driving and such we'll need some kind of home to sleep in, a "safe house" if you will. Obviously since we're traveling between countries (see 1st paragraph) we'll need to be able to acquire safe houses in different areas of the world map.

To give some sort of linearity we should probably only start with one safe house and area, England most obviously. This makes sense really because we'll need to win some races to get money to buy stuff like trucks/planes/safe houses/weapons. We could start with Blackwood and once we get good there new areas of England can open up (Aston, South City [we might need to go there to see some of our friends, save them from terrorists?] and Westhill). Once we complete England (or maybe after the terrorist thread dies down) we can fly the planes to Jamaica and Japan.

I have quite a few more ideas to flesh this out some more. Devs, please contact me to talk this over. AIM or MSN or whatever you have will do (what do the Brits use anyway?).
Quote from pik_d :AIM or MSN or whatever you have will do (what do the Brits use anyway?).

Carrier pigeons, what ho!

On topic...many more important things to do than this.
I'm mixed with a suggestion like this.

While I was in rFactor, many tracks required you to drive from the paddock to the track every time. It is kinda nice every now and then, but to keep the car at pit speed for some of those long paddock roads is just annoying after a while.

I think it would be kinda nice for leagues and racing series', but not for pickup races.
start up the sims.

wake up, take a shower, put on racing clothes, go to the kitchen, make breakfast, have breakfast, clean the dishes, take out the garbage, go in front of your house. save game.

shut down the sims.

start up NFSU2 or similar.

choose a car, drive from where you are to the airport or anything that looks a bit like a race track surrounding. save game.

shut down NFSU2 (or whatever you've chosen).

start up LFS.

race.

shut down LFS.

start up NFSU2 (or whatever you've chosen).

load your savegame. drive to where ever you came from. save game.

shut down NFSU2 (or whatever you've chosen).

start up the sims.

load savegame. go inside your house. cook dinner. call your sim-girlfriend. relax on the bed. do the thing that is not called f*cking in the game. sleep.

repeat from top.
Quote from Bandit77 :start up the sims.

start up NFSU2 or similar.

repeat from top.

Yeah but if they go with my ideas you don't have to buy such awful games. This is really only a stop-gap until LFS truly becomes the One True Driving Simulator.

Paddock?
(25 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG