The online racing simulator
Tired of the BF1 yet?
(65 posts, started )
Blackwood is too short.

AS North and KY GP Long are the perfect tracks for this car but since people are still obsessed with lapping under a minute like the Guru said, a server with any other combo is a ghost town.

Does anyone here know what a Lemming is...
Yeah, I hate driving the BF1 on blackwood, drove there the first day for a bit and that was it. I see all these full servers with blackwood BF1, but I can't see how it could be any fun. The track just doesn't fit that car, the turns are too tight or something, I dunno.
Servers full of BF1@Blackwood!? illepall

Why!? Don't you guys do that one in like 55 seconds?

I'd do the Aston/Kyoto Grand Prix layouts all day long.
never drove it much to tell you the truth.

still can't get rid of my obsession with the FOX.
Quote from ruckus37 :I’m guessing not much presses your buttons if bf1 doesn’t.

My problem isn't that not much presses my buttons, it's all the changing of buttons.

The BF1 is way to fast to take your hand off the steering wheel to shift.
Therefore I have to go into the options to switch to paddles.

I have look left/right set up on paddles. Need paddles to shift BF1.
Therefore I have to go into the options to switch my left/right views.

Open wheeler's are too twitchy the way I have LFS setup.
Therefore I have to go into the options and change "wheel turn compensate".

I hate driving with the wheel displayed (I already see one, mounted to my desk). The BF1's gauges are on the wheel.
Therefore I have to go into the options and turn on at least the steering wheel or virtual gauges.

Just too much to change to run the BF1. I'll stick to the FZR and try out some of the RWD roadcars with the new physics. Just wish everything wasn't either all cars, Blackwood, or both.
Quote from mrodgers :My problem isn't that not much presses my buttons, it's all the changing of buttons.

The BF1 is way to fast to take your hand off the steering wheel to shift.
Therefore I have to go into the options to switch to paddles.

I have look left/right set up on paddles. Need paddles to shift BF1.
Therefore I have to go into the options to switch my left/right views.

Open wheeler's are too twitchy the way I have LFS setup.
Therefore I have to go into the options and change "wheel turn compensate".

I hate driving with the wheel displayed (I already see one, mounted to my desk). The BF1's gauges are on the wheel.
Therefore I have to go into the options and turn on at least the steering wheel or virtual gauges.

Just too much to change to run the BF1. I'll stick to the FZR and try out some of the RWD roadcars with the new physics. Just wish everything wasn't either all cars, Blackwood, or both.

Exactly.
BF1 is really made for long races. Just had today 45 lapper, not really close racing on KY Nat but it's just fun.

I'm more pissed off by the "all cars servers" which are basicly BF1 servers: http://torttu.net/temp/lfs/gg.jpg - WTF?! Obivously server admins have no brains.

I hoped LXs could be more popular cars with the new physics but it doesn't really seem like that, right after the release I saw many FZ50/RAC/LX6 servers but not anymore.
Quote from deggis :I'm more pissed off by the "all cars servers" which are basicly BF1 servers: http://torttu.net/temp/lfs/gg.jpg - WTF?! Obivously server admins have no brains.

Yep, and if they had a more sensible selection of cars, they might get more people in 'em.
Quote from deggis :
I hoped LXs could be more popular cars with the new physics but it doesn't really seem like that, right after the release I saw many FZ50/RAC/LX6 servers but not anymore.

someone needs to be the first to join, cause i bet everyone hides the empty servers.
Attached images
fred_loves_lx.jpg
Quote from mejlus :The other day me and other racer were racing UF1000s on Aston Cadet. The grid was we two with uf1000 and some 8-10 guys with BF1s or FZRs. Sometimes we were finishing in 4th or 5th place... That says it all

Yes, that was a fun racing with you, Mejlus, but I still need a lot more practice before I can be a match for you . But driving UF1000 against BF1 is like always having one eye on the mirror, watching for the tiny coloured dot appearing, which, about one second later, will become a huge BF1 overtaking you with 250+.

Hope I see you again somewhere out there.

Klaus
Quote from Haegar.AT :Yes, that was a fun racing with you, Mejlus, but I still need a lot more practice before I can be a match for you . But driving UF1000 against BF1 is like always having one eye on the mirror, watching for the tiny coloured dot appearing, which, about one second later, will become a huge BF1 overtaking you with 250+.

Hope I see you again somewhere out there.

Klaus

I quite agree here. I had a race in a UF1, suddenly, people join racing BF1's. When the race starts, I'm stuck between BF1's... and what am I to do, I'm in a UF1. I just simply pull straight out of the way.

It's great to have the BF1's, don't get me wrong, but they are just seeming well and truly overused, mostly by noobs that just want sheer speed to think they are good. Even then, I feel great when I've got the UF1 and overtake a BF1 that just spun. Can't resist a laugh.
Quote from Gunn :Some members will recall that when the MRT was introduced it dominated servers for months.......

ive searched for this statement before posting it myself. thats it. its the hype for a new sensational car, nothing more, nothing less. LFS will continue
The bf1 is nothing short of awesome when hotlapping or racing with people around the same skills/speed, i've yet to do many longer races with strategys etc but this is where the bf1 will come into its own. Unfortunately as has already been said public servers and bf1 generally speaking dont mix i love to race with a full field or at least 10+ cars but with the bf1 (same with other cars but probably not noticed as much) you get to turn1 brake early to ensure you dont hit the car in front look in your mirror and see someone bearing down on you at 200mph who thinks he can overtake the other 19drivers at the 1st bend and win the race which 9times out of 10 will result in taking out numerous cars or if by some miracle he should make turn1 you then see him spun out at turn2 or of course my current main hate of public servers you race 7or8 laps someone joins the server and tries to restart instantly as if we are all meant to stop because they have arrived.... that or they come blasting out the pitlane totally oblivious to the fact the leaders will be coming up on them and taking them out... that or trying to 'race' the leaders which as we all know only ends up 1 way.

Ok this has turned into a bit of a rant but the end result = bf1 awesome car but best to race in a community of people you know on private servers!
Quote from Vain :
By the way, FO8 on AS North is a great combo.
I'd love to see it hosted.
Vain

F08 is great on all the long tracks now ! So much fun now that you dont go spinning off backwards when you turn and brake.

I love this car since the patch, it's the new FOX

As for BF1, I like it, but I'm not anxious to devote much time to it right now. Eventually all the people driving it who shouldn't be will get tired of it
( just like F08 after S2 ).

Personally, I think F1 racing is exciting, but it's ultimatly just a matter of opinion. I can see why people might not like it. It's ultra high tension, but not the tension of the guy next to you passing you, rather, the tension that you might make a tiny mistake and the guy behind you will pass you.

That kind of intense focus for 50 laps isn't for everyone. Banging fenders with cars isn't for me - which is as I say all down to personal opinion. There is no right or wrong.

Running 5 lap sprints on SO Classic in the BF1 is hard to imagine, but it sure is fun on the long tracks.
After trying some BF1 servers I am more conviced than ever that we need the credits system back from S1!

50% of the people racing the BF1 don't know how to brake, accelerate, pass, obey flags or start. I am not saying that I am that great driver myself, but starting from the middle of the pack means 100% certainty that someone will ram you, whatever you do.

Just 5 steps to happiness:
Base level: demo cars + UF1 available.
1st stage: 200 credits required / gives FXO, RB4, LX4
2nd stage: 400 credits required / gives LX6, MRT, RAC, FZ50
3rd stage: 600 credits required / gives UF GTR, XF GTR
4th stage: 800 credits required / gives FOX and big GTRs
5th stage: 1000 credits required / gives F08 and BF1

And points should be given by distance driven rather than finishing order. Of course some of the points should be give on the basis of finishing order, as finishing in top three usually means that the driver can handle the car. So newbies get points as well, and are rewarded by finishing race on end of the grid

Maybe 2 points per lap and 1-10 points for 1-10 finishers...?

As LFS is a racing sim, we shouldn't need these kind of arcade features, but imho it seems that it is a choise between BF1 and good races.
maybe force them to complete training?
Quote from Gabkicks :maybe force them to complete training?

I would have suggested that, but imho, the training lessons teach nothing about racing. We need lessons that show what is yellow flag, what it means, what is blue flag etc...
yeah maybe new training on blue flag and yellow flag procedures. maybe a written test... i'm serious
Quote from DasBoeseC :.....isn't modern days F1-Racing cool?

Quote from Hyperactive :After trying some BF1 servers I am more conviced than ever that we need the credits system back from S1!

50% of the people racing the BF1 don't know how to brake, accelerate, pass, obey flags or start. I am not saying that I am that great driver myself, but starting from the middle of the pack means 100% certainty that someone will ram you, whatever you do.

And points should be given by distance driven rather than finishing order. Of course some of the points should be give on the basis of finishing order, as finishing in top three usually means that the driver can handle the car. So newbies get points as well, and are rewarded by finishing race on end of the grid

As LFS is a racing sim, we shouldn't need these kind of arcade features, but imho it seems that it is a choise between BF1 and good races.

Quote from Hyperactive :After trying some BF1 servers I am more conviced than ever that we need the credits system back from S1!

Little addition, that you could drive every car with 0 credits but only in single player. That would be more reasonable.
#47 - GerG
Quote from deggis :Little addition, that you could drive every car with 0 credits but only in single player. That would be more reasonable.

That way distance driven in single player should be counted too, but that way it would be stored on your local computer, and you know what the problem is with locally stored data

Anyways, the idea is good
Quote from Hyperactive :

The idea is good but flawed. The trouble is, much like S1 credits, you could eventually unlock every car by only driving the UF1. What does that teach you about the handling differences in different drivetrain layouts, or throttle control in the cars with big power?

Ignoring credits, if some sort of "car unlocking" system was introduced, you would need to progress through chains. Sort of like:

FWD:
UF1 / XFG => FXO => UFR/XFR

RWD (road):
XRG => XRT => FZ50 / RAC => FXR/XRR/FZR
......... LX4 => LX6 ........... => as above

AWD:
RB4

Formula:
MRT5 => FOX => FO8 = > BF1

Thus 5 cars are available straight away, and somewhat quickly you'd be able to unlock 9 cars, a little more effort and you could be at 15. Only the F1 takes some time to get since you'd have to prove your worth in the FO8 first. I'm not happy with the big GTR cars in that "progression diagram" but can't think where else to but them.

As for the criteria to meet to unlock the next car, I haven't given that any thought.
I think that bobs Idea would work quite well, as long as in SP you could still free drive and for unlocking, maybe you gain 5 credits /KM you drive and get 10 credits for finishing 50 for winning, 40 for 2nd, 30 for 3rd and 20 for 4th. and set reasonable amounts for earning credits, like maybe 500 for the FO8-BF1 update, and 100 for the more simple transitions, and 250 for the road - GTR ones?

Remember each class has the specific limits. so LX4==> LX6 would be 100 and XRG ==>XRT =100 and XRT==>FZ5/RAC =100 more and FZ5/RAC ==> GTR = 250?
Quote from deggis :Little addition, that you could drive every car with 0 credits but only in single player. That would be more reasonable.

Yes, of course. I meant it that if you want to drive the F08, for example, online, you need the credits mentioned, but offline you can whatever you want

Quote from Bob Smith :The idea is good but flawed. The trouble is, much like S1 credits, you could eventually unlock every car by only driving the UF1. What does that teach you about the handling differences in different drivetrain layouts, or throttle control in the cars with big power?

But if a player drives the UF1 for 1000 credits and then has access to all cars, it isn't actually a problem since the sustem shouldn't force you to drive cars you don't want to drive. Take the XFR/UFR/FXO/GTi for example. I just can't stand the idea of driving an fwd car.

And as the driver drives the UF1 for 1000 credits, he/she has certainly learned a lot from that car. You still learn throttle control plus other driving techniques, even in UF1. And the main point should be to learn race driving.

EDIT: the reason why the FOX should be in the "same class" as the big GTRs is that the FOX is so agile and fast car. You can have good close racing in that little formula, but the drivers must see and understand what's going on around them. As you can make very fast turns and maneuvers, you always need to check that there is no one in your way.

Tired of the BF1 yet?
(65 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG