The online racing simulator
gcse ict
(29 posts, started )
#1 - oli17
gcse ict
i'm doing AQA (i think) higher course. just did the exam, my lord was it easy! everyone said the same and no1 revised - with the teachers we've got we'd be fighting a losing battle!

has anyone else done this and did they find it as remarkably easy as me??
#2 - Jakg
Yes and no.

I did IT at AS Level and took the exam - found it incredibly easy (the fact we were given the case study made it even easier still), and fairly sure I got 80 or 90%.

I got 22% - I never bothered to investigate why...
Quote from oli17 :i'm doing AQA (i think) higher course. just did the exam, my lord was it easy! everyone said the same and no1 revised - with the teachers we've got we'd be fighting a losing battle!

has anyone else done this and did they find it as remarkably easy as me??

Is that the silly exam where you make an insanely easy Excel Doc?
#4 - oli17
#5 - Jakg
For my GCSE in IT (Edexcel DiDa course) I did this. Yes, it's shit, and yes, some of my German coursework slipped in there, and yes, I did it in 2 days. But somehow I passed...
#6 - 5haz
Quote from Mp3 Astra :Is that the silly exam where you make an insanely easy Excel Doc?

Oh yess it is.
Quote from Jakg :For my GCSE in IT (Edexcel DiDa course) I did this. Yes, it's shit, and yes, some of my German coursework slipped in there, and yes, I did it in 2 days. But somehow I passed...

uugh, i did that course. we got to organise a dance marathon and create 3d paper characters
#8 - oli17
lol what!?
Quote from anbiddulph :uugh, i did that course. we got to organise a dance marathon and create 3d paper characters

I did Dida aswell, we did:

First course this weird 5 a day one, Get children to activly eat fruit or something
Second course Tell me a story, where you had to like make a story and animate it with voice overs etc...Mind involved cillit bang, telletubies and 300 lets just say that : |
Third course Small world, make paper 3d characters and place them in a set leaving the last scene to the maker.
Enterprise Teamwork based, cant quite rememember.

I got 1 of the 4 GCSE's I think :|
ive done the aqa(i think) short course (year 9)(coursework about some lancre festival if i remember correctly) and ive just done the full course edexcel(4 section coursework, multiedia, word proccessing, database and spreadsheet), what i hate is the coursework is very drawn out and so is the exam and if you answer the questions with a modicome of knowledge you get them wrong because they have no clue what they are on about

for example the insist that a network has to have a server, no, to have a domain you need a sever, but idf you said so in the exam you would get it wrong, that is why i hate gcse it
#11 - Migz
I did my ict exam about a week or so ago, and it was insanely easy, although i dont think mine was anything like any of yours, they just gave us a bunch of questions to answer.

I remember one that was so easy everybody checked to make sure they werent given foundation at that question haha. The question was "What is an operating system?" "Hardware or Software?"

Although they were a bit cheeky, one question was to desribe what a hyperlink is, and then describe what a hotspot is, nobody knew what a hotspot was..... turns out it was bassicly the same as a hyperlink haha.
Has anyone here this year done the Welsh exam board, ICT exam? Our school uses the Welsh board for our ICT Double Award course. If anyone has done it for this years paper, what was included, would be nice to know before going into the exam lol. I've got this week to revise for all my subjects as my exams are next week :S
Quote from Migz :I did my ict exam about a week or so ago, and it was insanely easy, although i dont think mine was anything like any of yours, they just gave us a bunch of questions to answer.

I remember one that was so easy everybody checked to make sure they werent given foundation at that question haha. The question was "What is an operating system?" "Hardware or Software?"

Although they were a bit cheeky, one question was to desribe what a hyperlink is, and then describe what a hotspot is, nobody knew what a hotspot was..... turns out it was bassicly the same as a hyperlink haha.

mine was a week ago, but didnt have those questions. edexcel higher
Quote from Migz :I did my ict exam about a week or so ago, and it was insanely easy, although i dont think mine was anything like any of yours, they just gave us a bunch of questions to answer.

wow thats way more difficult than ours. e.g. it had a printscreen of a spreadsheet and said "what type of software do you need to make this table:

spreadsheet [and three other options which i forget]

the next question: "for this spreadsheet, how do you blah blah blah"

and so on and so forth.
At my last school we weren't allowed to take GSCE ICT because they knew we wouldn't do any work.

I'm doing A-Level Computing now and Jesus Christ it's confusing.
Just did my AS ICT course. Our ICT teachers were telling us it would be hard and because it was a brand new course where we had to take in course-work (which we had never done before) we were all a bit anxious.

basically, it was like an extension of GCSE, really was embarrassing for AQA to be giving us such an easy paper at AS level.
Quote from Migz :they just gave us a bunch of questions to answer.

That's generally what an exam paper does.
'Last edited by duke_toaster; Yesterday at 22:43. Reason: That comment was about A-Level ICT.'
i see...thank passo
Quote from oli17 :i'm doing AQA (i think) higher course

Very... specific, anyone else notice the flaw ?
Quote from theirishnoob : Very... specific, anyone else notice the flaw ?

Yes. You didn't explain what the flaw was.
#24 - Migz
Quote from theirishnoob : Very... specific, anyone else notice the flaw ?

the
"(i think)"?

Quote from JO53PHS :That's generally what an exam paper does.

Yes i know, very funny boy :P
Now stfu and gtfomk!
I meant that the majority of people here are talking about creating something for the exam, or doing some sort of case study. All i got was a paper like a normal exam.
-
(Migz) DELETED by Migz : Accidental double post
Quote from Mp3 Astra :Yes. You didn't explain what the flaw was.

he knows what course he's in... then again he doesn't...

gcse ict
(29 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG