The online racing simulator
Mouse Handbrake idea!!
(24 posts, started )
#1 - ftop
Mouse Handbrake idea!!
i have a idea about the Handbrake Problem!! i put a photo to see it Thank you i attach it :P
Attached images
Image4.jpg
Wont work that good, since you wont have any axis. Just a click. Then, you can just use your space button instead :P
#3 - amp88
I can see you killing some mice that way. What happens if you want to use the mouse while you're driving (to click on someone's name in connection list, for example)?
That idea is truly retarded
Quote from Tomhah :Wont work that good, since you wont have any axis. Just a click. Then, you can just use your space button instead :P

Mhm, sorry OP.
I see the idea behind it, but as previously mentioned, a mouse click, or indeed a key press cannot be applied progressively like a handbrake or pedal, its either on or off.

I have been thinking if about making some kind of handbrake type thing as well, but using a switch that is variable, maybe something like a volume control, which increases and decreases as it is turned up or down.

Now i don't know if it would actually work, but i was thinking if i find an old keyboard, take it to bits and re wire the connection on a key that i wouldnt use for anything, such as scroll lock, run some wiring to an old volume knob, join a piece of bar to it, and hopefully the handbrake would come on and off progressively as i pull the bar up and down.
danthebangerboy: i don't think that will work. keyboard keys are on/off.

an old school mouse with a ball could work, just take it apart and there are rollers inside which you could move with a lever. still it would be easier to just buy an old joystick or pad and take that apart
Quote from Not Sure :danthebangerboy: i don't think that will work. keyboard keys are on/off.

an old school mouse with a ball could work, just take it apart and there are rollers inside which you could move with a lever. still it would be easier to just buy an old joystick or pad and take that apart

I know that the keys are on or off, all i want to do is use the circuit that would normally be used by a key, but run my variable switch to that, thus making the voltage adjustable, and hopefully ingame it will behave much like a pedal would do.

I doubt it will work though.
#9 - kaynd
It won't work. you need an analog to digital controller in order to feed it with analog signals. keyboard's controller is not able to do this.
I knew there would be a reason why it would fail, oh well, ill try and think of another way.
Quote from danthebangerboy :I knew there would be a reason why it would fail, oh well, ill try and think of another way.

Pulse Width Modulation can somewhat turn on-off devices into proportional devices. Google it, if you'd really like to use a key as analogue handbrake.
Nearly as good as my Bottle smasher idea:
Attached images
SMASHER.jpg
The OP's idea would work better if it was connected to the mouse wheel instead. But I assume you can't assign the mouse wheel to a control like that.
God loves you, Richard.
Quote from Tomhah :Wont work that good, since you wont have any axis.....

...but with CamSpace you can build your own (cheapo) hardware and see it through your webcam as a peripheral device !!
http://www.camspace.com/

The only "problem" is that any hardware you use with CamSpace must be in the FOV of the webcam.
#17 - ftop
sorry thats not good idea! look that is better :
u posted the same thing?
#19 - ftop
no it is changed! i put hand brake at other side and mouse e.t.c.
#20 - ftop
I make it but is not work very good
i made it out of knex, a big rolo tube, mouse and some elastic, mine worked awsome. pm me if you want pics
Quote from ftop :i have a idea about the Handbrake Problem!!!!!

AHAHAHA, thanks. I LOL'ed a lot
#23 - vane
Get ano old joystick then remove one of the pots from the x y axis, mount it onto the hand brake stalk then mount the pot body somewhere then your done
I use an old Joystick Mounted to the side of my seat it works good enough

Mouse Handbrake idea!!
(24 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG