The online racing simulator
Small South Central improvement
Hello,

How about de-barriering (not a word I know) the roundabout in the south central track (southern most point). Can still put cones there to stop hot lap abuse and anyway the opened out bit would loose you speed anyway if you did decide to go that way so it wouldn't detract from online experience.

Reason - I enjoy drifting that corner while I'm just playing around in the XRT and on many occasions have had it set up perfectly and wished I could go round and round a few times just for the hell of it.

It looks like all the textures and surfaces are already there so I don't think there will be a huge amount of work involved.

Also apologies if this has been suggested before, I did various searches but nothing relevant came to light.
South City.

And LFS is not intended to cater to drifters. You can make your own roundabout in the auto-x editor.

I'm not saying this because I'm against drifting, although I am to an extent. I'm saying it because it's the truth and the devs don't look in this section anyway.
oops sorry, South City, and yes I know it isn't a drift game, but doesn't mean it wouldn't add to the feel of racing in a City.

Also a considerable proportion of players enjoy drifting, why can't the game be for both, it's a vehicle simulation game and if it accurately simiulates drifts (it's actually one of the best games for it) what's so wrong with that?
Quote from mtucker :oops sorry, South City, and yes I know it isn't a drift game, but doesn't mean it wouldn't add to the feel of racing in a City.

Also a considerable proportion of players enjoy drifting, why can't the game be for both, it's a vehicle simulation game and if it accurately simiulates drifts (it's actually one of the best games for it) what's so wrong with that?

Absolutly nothing wrong with your suggestion, there have been previous suggestions to allow LFS to operate in a "freeplay" mode that would remove all the road blocks and open up the complete city map for cruising/drifting.

even tho LFS is described as a "racing simulator" I feel things like this as long as they are enabled serverside+clientside, they cannot detract from the hardcore racers experiance at all, and if easy to program "freeplay mode" could be a big licence seller and should be allowed.

SD.
Quote from SparkyDave :and if easy to program "freeplay mode" could be a big licence seller and should be allowed.

it was already mentioned that such a mode would break how LFS draws the tracks.
Quote from bunder9999 :it was already mentioned that such a mode would break how LFS draws the tracks.

Break the big layout into few small parts (like GTA). It won't add much burden to your PC.
#7 - amp88
Quote from mtucker :Small South Central improvement

I was expecting you to request the addition of drive-by shootings and minigames involving hookers when I saw the thread title.

On topic I don't see the use in unblocking this roundabout myself.
It's not to do with complex environments, it's related to the way the game engine renders the world. Apparently. I don't really understand it all.

But I can see a more open system being adopted if they ever upgrade the engine, since it gets requested a lot. And for tracks like South City and Aston it would mean a lot more potential configs without the devs needing to think about them
Quote from bunder9999 :it was already mentioned that such a mode would break how LFS draws the tracks.

Yeah, how the game is build up now it ain't possible.

Quote from Keling :Break the big layout into few small parts (like GTA). It won't add much burden to your PC.

Could work, but then the layout would need to be drawn before the race starts. Let's say you get a menu, with all roads aviable on the SO layout. Then you could draw a route to show what parts of the track that should be open while the other would be remained closed. It would not be like the free roam suggestion, but could be something in between since you then before the race (the admin) would chose what roads would be open or not.
Quote from The Very End :Yeah, how the game is build up now it ain't possible.

-Not the issue here at this part of the track as it is possible with the current graphic engine. Here is a "roundabout" prepared earlier.

The barriers are required to stop short-cuts however.
mtucker - I don't see this happening, sorry mate.
Attached images
un.JPG
Quote from JasonJ :-Not the issue here at this part of the track as it is possible with the current graphic engine. Here is a "roundabout" prepared earlier.

The barriers are required to stop short-cuts however.
mtucker - I don't see this happening, sorry mate.

hehe, even that "roundabout" has a barrier on it :P, I spose the devs will say use the skidpan, but I can never hold a perfect circular drift on that as there's isn't anything for me to crash into and so my brain says ah well, try again. I could do a layout, but those barriers have such high explosions it goes the other way where you get penelised way too much for hitting a barrier.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG