The online racing simulator
VW Scirocco R
(35 posts, started )
275bhp + FWD = fail

Looks lovely, but that thing will be next to impossible to get off the line, and it will torque steer like buggery.
Quote from danowat :but that thing will be next to impossible to get off the line

*cough* Traction control *cough.*
Quote from Furiously-Fast :*cough* Traction control *cough.*

TC is all well and good, but whats the point of 275bhp, when the computer restricts it to 100bhp just to get it off the line without lighting the wheels up.
The benefit of 275 bhp kick in once you reach the unrestricted german Autobahn... until you hit the limiter.
Quote from danowat :TC is all well and good, but whats the point of 275bhp, when the computer restricts it to 100bhp just to get it off the line without lighting the wheels up.

Some people would say the point is that once you're not traction limited any more (2nd or 3rd gear) you can't have too much power. Better to have too much at low speed than not enough at high speed. Sane people, on the other hand, would say "Why FWD?".
I am not at all arguing that it will be a total piece of kit in a straight line, it will, however, the world isn't all straight lines, and a 275bhp, FWD car starts to loose a bit of point when you throw standing starts and corners into the mix.

It would make a MUCH better car if it were RWD.

Still, it does look VERY nice.
Quote from danowat :I am not at all arguing that it will be a total piece of kit in a straight line, it will, however, the world isn't all straight lines, and a 275bhp, FWD car starts to loose a bit of point when you throw standing starts and corners into the mix.

It would make a MUCH better car if it were RWD.

Still, it does look VERY nice.

depends, for how long in the rev band does it have the full wack of 275 hp ?? also its 2009... like most new bangers they have the no fun button ( aka economy ) but still...

would be a fun little rocket to own none the less.
I want one
Hm, i don't think i would be exagarating when saying that it's one of the best looking, if not THE best looking hatchback... I just love those lines..

VW Scirocco R
(35 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG