The online racing simulator
TEST Patch T5 / OPTIONAL / Small Update 1MB
(115 posts, closed, started )
@WGooden: just press f then you'll see the full car. the "strange thing" you saw is the force view which shows what G-forces happen to your tyres just at the moment.

@Scawen: Thanks for these many new options which make lfs-hosting even more adjustable. But there is one thing I have to complain about anyway: I'm running a few hosts on a linux-rootserver, but they only do all show up on lfsw if I run them out of one folder. this is a bit annoying because I host servers for 2 different teams. If I run the servers from 2 or more folders then only the ones which have been started out of the "first" folder shows up on lfsw. I wonder if this is a server bug or something in my wine / firewall settings.
Quote from WGooden :Well I have t4 installed and I just noticed this strange thing, when I'm in the tv view I just see the drivers helmet, I've only noticed this in the uf1 aswell.

I'm running T5 and can't duplicate your problem. UF1 without roof on Aston Cadet and my driver model is all there. Are you using a non-default suit texture?
Quote from St4Lk3R :...I'm running a few hosts on a linux-rootserver, but they only do all show up on lfsw if I run them out of one folder. this is a bit annoying because I host servers for 2 different teams. If I run the servers from 2 or more folders then only the ones which have been started out of the "first" folder shows up on lfsw. I wonder if this is a server bug or something in my wine / firewall settings.

I can't understand that from an LFS viewpoint. LFS has no knowledge of which folder it is in or where another LFS may be running on the same computer. So I think it must be your wine or firewall settings. But I can't help with that as I don't know anything about Linux or Wine.
Quote from BuddhaBing :I'm running T5 and can't duplicate your problem. UF1 without roof on Aston Cadet and my driver model is all there. Are you using a non-default suit texture?

No. It's an optimisation. If you go further away the body and steering wheel are not drawn. I exclude LX and MRT from this optimisation. I will add UF to the excluded car models.
Quote from Scawen :I can't understand that from an LFS viewpoint. LFS has no knowledge of which folder it is in or where another LFS may be running on the same computer. So I think it must be your wine or firewall settings. But I can't help with that as I don't know anything about Linux or Wine.

No problem, was just curious. I'll try setting up the servers whith 2 different users and then we'll see what works. thanks for info anyway.
Quote from St4Lk3R :@Scawen: Thanks for these many new options which make lfs-hosting even more adjustable. But there is one thing I have to complain about anyway: I'm running a few hosts on a linux-rootserver, but they only do all show up on lfsw if I run them out of one folder. this is a bit annoying because I host servers for 2 different teams. If I run the servers from 2 or more folders then only the ones which have been started out of the "first" folder shows up on lfsw. I wonder if this is a server bug or something in my wine / firewall settings.

I run such servers too and without problems, try looking into the configs and make sure the names and ports are different for each server...
Quote from St4Lk3R :@WGooden: just press f then you'll see the full car. the "strange thing" you saw is the force view which shows what G-forces happen to your tyres just at the moment.

The strange thing WGooden reported isn't the force view. Take a close look at the second screenshot, there only the helmet but not the driver body is visible.
Quote from St4Lk3R :No problem, was just curious. I'll try setting up the servers whith 2 different users and then we'll see what works. thanks for info anyway.

I'll try that as well, with my servers. It's could be just a copy/paste of configs that made the servers use the same ports? I het my ports messed up all the time...
Quote from Scawen :FIX : Could view other racers ARB and Brake Balance online

Could you disable F9 & F10 for other racers too when online? At least when race? Its "exploit" when some guys checks opponents suspension damage and tyre temps during long straights in league race.. Maybe disable TAB when driving during race/quali too.
Quote from GP4Flo :The strange thing WGooden reported isn't the force view. Take a close look at the second screenshot, there only the helmet but not the driver body is visible.

whoops, did not see that
that's a thing made by the blackwood guru! a ghost! I'm scared^^ illepall
Quote from atledreier :I'll try that as well, with my servers. It's could be just a copy/paste of configs that made the servers use the same ports? I het my ports messed up all the time...

No, these servers were using ports 63300, 63400 and 63500. I just found out that I forgot to uncomment the /insim entry in the config of the server which did not show up on lfsw. could that have something to do with it?
That guru story makes me think of what I had last night. When I was watching a replay to make a screenshot for a news article on our website... I pressed shift+u while the replay was running, then waited for a specific moment (Vince watching left to see where my teammate was) and then pressed pause to make the screenshot. But as soon as I pressed p, the cars disappeared, everytime I tried!
Now when I used a non shift-u view to wait for that moment, pressed p and then shift-u, the cars would stay visible.
I can't remember seeing this before, so I thought it might have something to do with one of the latest patches...
It was pretty late last night so I didnt feel like investigating any further, and I can't try this again before coming sunday so maybe someone else could try if he gets the same thing..?

For those interested, here's the image: http://www.1stracing.nl/images/stories/nllfs7.jpg
#63 - vtx
Quote from Chaos :I run such servers too and without problems, try looking into the configs and make sure the names and ports are different for each server...

Could you show me your wine config and wine startup options? I have the problem that the server lags about every 10 secs. I tried everything I could think of, even tried it on another server but the problem remains.
#64 - axus
Quote from Scawen :No. It's an optimisation. If you go further away the body and steering wheel are not drawn. I exclude LX and MRT from this optimisation. I will add UF to the excluded car models.

Should the RA not be on that list also?
Quote from alco64 :Hey Scawen. Good job on the new patch and mini patches!
Just 1 thing which isn't that much of a biggy.
You cannot see any skid marks through the small glass window in any of the open wheelers (being FOX, F08 and BF1)
Can become a bit distracting during a race. Not sure if this can be quickly fixed just in the exe but i thought i'd bring it up.

Thanks and keep up the awesome work

Yeah i just noticed this too! Usually im looking much further ahead for it to bother me but now i know about it i cant help staring through the little piece of glass!!
Quote from axus :Should the RA not be on that list also?

OK then.

Done on : LX, UF, RA and MRT5... these are the cars where the driver body can be quite visible.

On other cars where driver is concealed, it's a useful saving not to draw the driver body and steering wheel if you're a bit far away.
Scawen, i'm sorry to bother but may i ask if fixing the "invisible car" bug is planned for patch U?
is just to know, i understand you have much pressure right now
Probably not the right place to ask , but the 23 client limit , is it something the devs are working on to try and increase or is it just not possible atm ?
#69 - axus
Quote from noemfie :Probably not the right place to ask , but the 23 client limit , is it something the devs are working on to try and increase or is it just not possible atm ?

Yeah, we are starting up a league in South Africa... 20 racers is not quite enough and we cannot run more than one event because of the SARL flag under which the league is to be run. If this is not a possible change for the moment (and I presume it isn't because it may cause compatibility issues with S-T5 patches), we are looking at other solutions to get more racers in one league or running multiple leagues.
I was in the shift+U view taking some screenshots at AS north.. and while moving the camera around all kinds of these were appearing/disappearing in and out of view.. quite randomly it seemed actually.. buildings in the distance- things around the track, etc..

Could there be a setting to either use or NOT use all these graphics speed-up optimizations that make things disappear? When getting 100 to 200 FPS, I would like the option to be able to render everything- especially for screenshots.

I could take some screenshots of what I saw if needed.
Quote :Could there be a setting to either use or NOT use all these graphics speed-up optimizations that make things disappear? When getting 100 to 200 FPS, I would like the option to be able to render everything- especially for screenshots.

If you have that much fps, simply increase the level of all your "graphics options"-sliders
Quote from noemfie :Probably not the right place to ask , but the 23 client limit , is it something the devs are working on to try and increase or is it just not possible atm ?

CAN YOU UNDERSTAND ANY OF THE WORD I'VE WRITTEN???????!!!!!
what this bug -> http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=115379#post115379 has to do with cilent limit????????!!!!
Quote from St4Lk3R :If you have that much fps, simply increase the level of all your "graphics options"-sliders

I am sorry for saying that but you are an idi*** .

This is automatic optimization and you cant switch it on/off or set how far you see the body or not.

Scawen,
with so many powerfull GPU`s today why there is necessary to have such a optimizations?Even like GF6600 or ATI9600 wouldnt have problems to draw a few polygons more.My GF6600 can even handle 4xAA+16AF@1024*768 without single FPS drop in LFS(I have min 45-50FPs at start and around 80-200FPS during race).

Or could we have at least some option to turn on/off this optimizations?I bet a lot of guys would like to have as much as possible vidible if the power is in theirs PC`s.
#74 - axus
Speaking of optimizations, can you also disable the wheel disappearing, or alternatively put it as last resort to gain more FPS. I find it highly distracting when it goes away.
This thread is closed

TEST Patch T5 / OPTIONAL / Small Update 1MB
(115 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG