The online racing simulator
TEST Patch T5 / OPTIONAL / Small Update 1MB
(115 posts, closed, started )
Quote from Breizh :Assuming it is still only doable by typing out the cars allowed in the 'console'. can you do the same external text-based list you added for tracks, for cars?

It seems to me that it already is exactly like you asked...?
Quote from Scawen :Added a new command /tracks to specify a list of allowed tracks
E.g. text file named "tracks.txt" contains a track on each line
- then start host with /tracks=tracks.txt

will the list be updated if the content of the tracks.txt file changes?
or do i have to restart the server?

hope not that i have to restart the server...would be not so coOL...
live changes would be better, like it was before...
why did u cange that, scawen? can't find a reason for now...please let me
know!
Quote from CrazyICE :live changes would be better, like it was before...
why did u cange that, scawen? can't find a reason for now...please let me
know!

You can still change the tracks live, just like before with /track. The /tracks command is only an additional feature to limit the available tracks with a textfile.
Quote from GP4Flo :You can still change the tracks live, just like before with /track. The /tracks command is only an additional feature to limit the available tracks with a textfile.

i mean live changes with the tracks.txt file, not with /track=
And why did you write "like it was before"?
cose before the new command /tracks it was enough to just put a tracks.txt into the lfs root folder and thats all...
so the question is, do i need this parameter or doese it work like before also!
Quote from GP4Flo :And why did you write "like it was before"?

is this important to answer my question?
cause i dont kno if the "old" philosopie chaged...
Sorry, I had the impression that you thought the /track command wouldn't exist anymore. I'm probably a bit too tired now to understand complicated forum posts.
Hello all

Can one patch up from T to straight T5 or 2,3,4 and then patch

Wondering why come out with so many test patches should there be not one permanant one for all on the main website?

Thanks
Hello all

Can one patch up from T to straight to T5 or 2,3,4 and then 5 patch

Wondering why come out with so many test patches should there be not one permanant one for all on the main website?

Thanks
the testpatches are only for testing purpose...and if scawen is pleased with them, he will release a new patch!
this will now be patch U....

and you can use patch T5 directly...
Quote :
This is just a small update you can get, if you want to, and you already have version S or T.

Quote from Scawen :Changed format of /track command in startup - now consistent
Removed /config and /reversed commands
Example of new version : /track=BL1

Added a new command /tracks to specify a list of allowed tracks
E.g. text file named "tracks.txt" contains a track on each line
- then start host with /tracks=tracks.txt

Could the track select screen be changed to indicate which tracks are not allowed - like the car select screen?

Speaking of tracks, is track voting on your todo ?
not a real bug...but?
Hi Scawen,

Its not something I must have or I would call it bug but I just tried 1st time for fun racing school mode and SHIFT+U doesnt work there.

Sorry for mentionig it here again as I know that word "tired" is not even close how you must feel after all this bug cleaning but is there hard to switch on or code that all cars will have shadows under them? Possibility to set how many shadows under car are displayed?

Keep your great work and have a soon rest and some nice time with your family!!!
Quote from CrazyICE :cose before the new command /tracks it was enough to just put a tracks.txt into the lfs root folder and thats all...
so the question is, do i need this parameter or doese it work like before also!

It works like before, except that you must add /tracks=tracks.txt to your command line. Then live changes to tracks.txt are allowed.

[ EDIT : this was done to allow different hosts sharing a folder, to have a different list of allowed tracks ]

That is is contrast to the /welcome command. If you change your welcome.txt, you must type /welcome=welcome.txt again.

Why it's different : tracks.txt is read every time someone requests a track change. But welcome.txt is retained in memory.
Quote from DEVIL 007 :Sorry for mentionig it here again as I know that word "tired" is not even close how you must feel after all this bug cleaning but is there hard to switch on or code that all cars will have shadows under them? Possibility to set how many shadows under car are displayed?

It's not easy. I don't know why but more than 8 shadows starts to cause crashes and errors. So we only draw shadows under the 8 nearest cars being drawn in the current frame. So I can't do that for version U.
Quote from Krane :Could the track select screen be changed to indicate which tracks are not allowed - like the car select screen?

No, the guests don't know which tracks are allowed. The host simply rejects the track change request if it's not allowed.
Quote from Scawen :It's not easy. I don't know why but more than 8 shadows starts to cause crashes and errors. So we only draw shadows under the 8 nearest cars being drawn in the current frame. So I can't do that for version U.

Understood .Hope there is something you will be able to do with it in future.
Many thanks for your quick feedback.
Quote from sshhaabb :Wondering why come out with so many test patches should there be not one permanant one for all on the main website?

In an ideal world, I would just do all updates in one day and they would be perfect and without any bugs.

But reality dictates that I can only do a limited amount each day and there will be problems or errors in some of the things I do. So we make optional test patches that are 100% optional, so no-one can complain that there are too many patches. Then when we are happy with the test patches, we can make an official patch, which everyone should get.

Test patches are the way to reduce the number of and improve the quality of official patches.
Jesus people moaning at regular updates illepall

I think it's great, roll on T6!
Quote from Scawen :In an ideal world, I would just do all updates in one day and they would be perfect and without any bugs.

But reality dictates that I can only do a limited amount each day and there will be problems or errors in some of the things I do. So we make optional test patches that are 100% optional, so no-one can complain that there are too many patches. Then when we are happy with the test patches, we can make an official patch, which everyone should get.

Test patches are the way to reduce the number of and improve the quality of official patches.

I'm backing you guys 100% on this decition, the worst thing a gamer can experience is to get a patch that has more or the same amount of bugs that the game originally had.

Keep up the good work
TEST Patch T5 / OPTIONAL

Maybe these words need to be bigger in the thread title so people will see it? LOL
Well I have t4 installed and I just noticed this strange thing, when I'm in the tv view I just see the drivers helmet, I've only noticed this in the uf1 aswell.
Attached images
untitled.PNG
wtf.PNG
Cheers Scawen patch on!
Hey Scawen. Good job on the new patch and mini patches!
Just 1 thing which isn't that much of a biggy.
You cannot see any skid marks through the small glass window in any of the open wheelers (being FOX, F08 and BF1)
Can become a bit distracting during a race. Not sure if this can be quickly fixed just in the exe but i thought i'd bring it up.

Thanks and keep up the awesome work
#50 - avih
Scawen, haven't done it yet on S/T/1-5, just wanter to let you know that your hard work is greatly appreciated, and that the new patches since S make LFS so much better. Cheers also for the BF1 and beautiful implementation of TC
This thread is closed

TEST Patch T5 / OPTIONAL / Small Update 1MB
(115 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG