The online racing simulator
Oh The Bitter Irony
(37 posts, started )
Oh The Bitter Irony
Source: http://www.pitchengine.com/free-release.php?id=11799
Affected Site: gays.com

From gays.com: "We are currently experiencing a DDoS attack, right before the launch of our video for International Day Against Homophobia and Transphobia."

-*-

A botnet of has been used to target a liberal social networking site just prior to the launch of their 'Idaho Project', a public awareness campaign fighting against intollerance.

Of course it is not beyond my cynical mind to consider the possibility that this is a publicity stunt, but apparently law enforcement is involved and the attack has been traced to Eastern European hackers.

It would appear that the perpetrators are from a growing Slavic anti-gay faction of the orthodox church.

When religion takes up net-terrorism to isolate and focus it's inbuilt intollerance, just what has the world come too?

It's a sad, sad world. Absolutely pathetic.
#3 - popsy
thunderheead, agreed. very very sad.

i am either for, nor against gays. but something to this extent is far beyond the limits of humanity.

what has the world come to you ask? nobody knows.
You can't say anything bad for a black guy, because you'll go to court, you can't say anything bad about Judes because you'll be blamed about anti-semitism, and you can't say a bad word for gay, because you'll be blamed for homofobia. And EVERYONE can say ANYTHING about "normal" white people. All this gay stuff became such a ridiculous thing.
Quote from TexasLTU :You can't say anything bad for a black guy, because you'll go to court, you can't say anything bad about Judes because you'll be blamed about anti-semitism, and you can't say a bad word for gay, because you'll be blamed for homofobia.

welcome to the world of "Political Correctness".
Quote from TexasLTU :You can't say anything bad for a black guy, because you'll go to court, you can't say anything bad about Judes because you'll be blamed about anti-semitism, and you can't say a bad word for gay, because you'll be blamed for homofobia. And EVERYONE can say ANYTHING about "normal" white people. All this gay stuff became such a ridiculous thing.

This is retarded. Give me an example of the horrible things people say about "normal" white people.
Quote from TexasLTU :You can't say anything bad for a black guy, because you'll go to court, you can't say anything bad about Judes because you'll be blamed about anti-semitism, and you can't say a bad word for gay, because you'll be blamed for homofobia. And EVERYONE can say ANYTHING about "normal" white people. All this gay stuff became such a ridiculous thing.

Bullshit. You can't say anything about "the blacks", "the jews" or "the gays" because that would be spreading generalisations, prejudices and wrong accusations - in short: it would be racism, homophobia or anti-semitism, and you'd be rightfully accused of such a mindest if you did.

It's still quite possible to call a criminal black person a criminal, because that individual would be one. You could still call a cheap jewish person cheap because that individual would be so. You can still call a promiscuous gay person promiscuos, because that individual would be so.
But it wouldn't have anything to do with those individuals being black, jewish or gay.
I think the point was that there isn't a term that's as offensive to white caucasians as the n-word is to blacks and 'fvcking jew' is to Jews and 'sp!c' is to Latinos. 'White trash'? amagad, rageeee.. not really.
Quote from SilverArrows77 :Its quite appalling the lengths a group with an objection will go to in the attempt to enforce their view upon others...

Exactly! How dare Gay.com call a day "International Day Against Homophobia and Transphobia" and try to enforce their view upon others...
#10 - Migz
I was about to ask the topic creator why they were looking at/on a gay website......then i realised it was Becky.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :This is retarded. Give me an example of the horrible things people say about "normal" white people.

A gay (or lesbian if you would) at uni used to throw a lot of abuse at straight people and how all we do is fill the planet with more unwanted children and spread racial and sexual hatred. She then went very apologetic when I mentioned that I was straight and in fact so were most of the people in the room.

But I think the big difference is there isn't really anything they can throw at "normal" people that can be deemed as all that offensive, however "minority" groups take offence to a lot of the slurs thrown at them.

But political correctness actually teaches people from a young age that "minority" groups are victims and don't know how to live in a world where everyone is free to say and think whatever they want.
Quote from Migz :I was about to ask the topic creator why they were looking at/on a gay website......then i realised it was Becky.

Why is it something different with her? It shouldn't matter who it is...
Quote from bbman :Why is it something different with her? It shouldn't matter who it is...

because she's gay?

this reminds me of those hackers who hacked into an epilepsy site and left a whole load of flashing strobing images on there
-
(1993weeman) DELETED by 1993weeman
Interesting.

The discussion is nothing at all to do with the act, but instead about having to be PC, pressumeably because some of you can't say what you wish you could?

The Idaho project was about visibility, instead of being swept under the carpet, it is about being open out and proud to stand up and be counted for who we are - the theory being that ignorance breeds intollerence, and for as long as we're not visible, then we're encouraging ignorance.

Yet somehow in reading this discussion I cannot help but feel i'm being encouraged to defend myself as an openly gay person, because i'm 'forcing my views on others'. I'm not going to defend my sexuality or my decision to be open about it.

I'm content enough simply in not needing a special word for 'white men' or any other generalisations and categories for people, because to me everyone is an individual, and I really am that sickeningly liberal as a person.

If however you feel guilty or frustrated that you can't say what you want to say because of political correctness, then perhaps you need to look into yourself rather than being frustrated that you cannot vent at me...
#15 - CSU1
I see it get's under your skin that others think of you as disgusting but why care for what they think of you in the first place? What do you want from them that makes you so concerned for their opinion? If you don't accept the common law then you shouldn't care for what is reads about you.
#16 - 5haz
I have no problem with homosexuals, but only if I'm allowed to stand up and be proud of what I am as well; straight?

Anyway, religion, along with all its stupid ideas, is dying out slowly, good I say.
#17 - CSU1
Quote from 5haz :...

The Roman Catholic Church lists pride as the most deadly of the seven deadly sins.

Again, you don't need the opinions of others only your own.
#18 - 5haz
Quote from CSU1 :The Roman Catholic Church lists pride as the most deadly of the seven deadly sins.

So what?
Quote from 5haz :I have no problem with homosexuals, but only if I'm allowed to stand up and be proud of what I am as well; straight?

Anyway, religion, along with all its stupid ideas, is dying out slowly, good I say.

Yesss

You're an idiot
Quote from DTrott :You're an idiot

Texas does have a point though, it seems as if more and more 'minorities' as they are referred to get into the spotlight banging on about human rights and racism/prejudice, etc..

Im not saying its a bad thing, because i dont believe that anybody should be victimised for any reason on any level, its just a case of where does it end, and possibly more importantly, how long will people be allowed exploit/exaggerate and play the human rights card every time something happens they don't like?

A particular example was when i was in my last year at school, and there was a chinese guy in the year below.

I called him 'chan' which is his surname, and despite me telling the teacher who took me there this fact, and the lad himself havin no problem i got hauled in front of the principle for being a racist, that was until the principle actually checked the school records like i asked, and found that i was right, chan was his name

Thats what i mean about it getting silly sometimes.
You can insult fat people openly, and you can moan about people who smoke or who drink, without the majority of society looking down on you. But if you start to insult (not that I do.. :shrug Blacks, Asains, Gays, Jews or any other sort of minority, the whole world tends to hate you.
Insulting Jews is generally accepted in society.
Quote from 5haz :I have no problem with homosexuals, but only if I'm allowed to stand up and be proud of what I am as well; straight?

Why should you be proud of your sexual orientation?
Quote from zeugnimod :Why should you be proud of your sexual orientation?

Yeah. I don't understand that either. A preference isn't anything to be proud of. In fact, pride used to be considered a sin.

Oh The Bitter Irony
(37 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG