The online racing simulator
Free Simbin Volvo game
(170 posts, started )
I take back what I said, that volvo on right looks great!
Going to try it out, that's for sure. Anyone know when the release is?
May 26th mate
Nice.
It has multiplayer support over internet right? My "box" will beat your "box" then Dano
Quote from The Very End :Nice.
It has multiplayer support over internet right? My "box" will beat your "box" then Dano

You better pray it has layout editor with ramps.
Are you refering to the Bl1 + ramp episode again?
Your beliving I'm more shallow than I really is .p

Either way, are there some video's out of this? I did not find anything when I searched, just wondering if someone was more lucky than me.
Cant wait to use the BTCC S40
Quote from danowat :a Gr A 240 and BTCC 850 WOOT!!!!

WOOOO!! this is going to be a right laugh
It gives no impression of the physics / collision physics and such, but again, it's a freegame so I am going to test it out

Thanks for the video find!
Quote from The Very End :It gives no impression of the physics / collision physics and such

It's by Simbin, so I imagine it'll be pretty much the same physics as GTR-Evo and other Race 07 games.
Were they any good? :rolleyes:
They're good enough. Not perfect, but certainly not GRiD.

Grab the STCC demo (an addon for Race 07, but the demo is standalone) and see what you think of that, as the cars will be similar. You can get it on Steam, you'll have to google it if you've not got that.
As long as the driving feels funny and rewarding, it's good. Don't even need to be realistic, just entertaining. Flatout is a good example, but not sure if you can compare volvo game with Flatout

Curious if the cars will be able to recive damage, netcode, crash physics and such.
yes they'll be able to recieve damage, it's only Ferrari and Porsche who seem to care about their cars being damaged in a GAME!
haha, it's only recently Ferrari have let them in games at all. The company line used to be 'you can put them in if you make them the best and fastest cars in the whole game and no other cars can beat them'

I've never quite got the point of the 'no damage' thing - are we to believe that their cars are indestructible?
Quote from trebor901 :yes they'll be able to recieve damage, it's only Ferrari and Porsche who seem to care about their cars being damaged in a GAME!

SimBin/Blimey have never produced a game with accurate damage, just like 99% of rF mods, they set the threshold of damage far too high and reduce the deformation multipliers, so many race ending shunts don't even register visual damage on the car.

Will be interested in this, more the inevitable conversion and better physics upon conversion to rF of the rather pretty car models.
#70 - MR_B

I had just had a severe trouser accident! :jawdrop:
#71 - ToJo
Could be interresting to compare it to the real thing.
Attached images
S40 forfra.jpg
Quote from MR_B :

I had just had a severe trouser accident! :jawdrop:

Of that guy in the background with the moustache?
Eww, that Volvo looks like a Cardboard box with a racing outfit. Oh wait, it is. Kinda represents all other volvos, apart from the racing outfit part. This game is a miss for me.

I was like..HELL YEAH!

Free Simbin Volvo game
(170 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG